• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Look at a town in 2.

Now look at a town in 3.

Hyperbole?

Yes. The difference is not very noticable. They're mostly exactly the same, with a few new types of buildings on one intersection (that I noticed so far) which do have some extra detail.

I'd also like to mention, that while I'm playing along with this context of "visual quality", different building architectures don't really apply as gfx in my book.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it. Again, I do think it's beautiful - just not a step above FH2.

shandy706

14192730_10154648933483128_3958779400065999105_n.jpg

Don't worry, it was just the first image I found of it on Google! The image above is taken from GAME's Facebook page. It looks like it's a pre-order bonus for the Ultimate Edition only.

Ugh, I want that scale model car :(

Does anyone have a Gamestop pre-order that would sell it to me??!

Surely it's too late for me to get one in.

shandy706

you can still preorder the regular edition at GameStop!

I wonder if I'd be safe showing up for the regular edition on the 27th vs the Ultimate on the 23rd. I hope they wouldn't run out of cars to hand out.

Edit* LOL, what does it say about me that I'd spend $100 just to get the scale model car??? X-D

I already have the Ultimate pre-order paid for digitally.

Edit** I just pre-ordered from Gamestop for the car. Anyone want a $45 copy of just Horizon 3? I'll ship it to you after I pick it up on the 27th.

shandy706

You guys realize that car is only 1/43 scale? It's just a bit bigger than a matchbox car.

For reference:

Haha, yes. I want it in my collection though. :)

Surely someone want's a discounted copy of FH3 that doesn't mind getting it a few days later. PM me guys.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Random nitpick - it's set in Australia where they drive on the left, but the cars are left hand drive (should be right hand drive)

For photo mode, when you hit 'take photo' how do you hide the UI that has 'change watermark position'? All I seem to be able to do is go back, then hide the UI and take a screen grab

cheezcake

Random nitpick - it's set in Australia where they drive on the left, but the cars are left hand drive (should be right hand drive)

For photo mode, when you hit 'take photo' how do you hide the UI that has 'change watermark position'? All I seem to be able to do is go back, then hide the UI and take a screen grab

The Maloo is right hand drive at least, as it should be

ElNino

The cars are all left hookers? WTF!
I'm pretty sure all Forza cars have had the driver on the side of the car that is accurate for the region that car is manufactured for, so there should be both left and right drive vehicles.

For example, some of my precious STI models have me driving on the right side as they are the JDM version, but others are I presume the NA model as they drive on the left side.

I'm pretty sure all Forza cars have had the driver on the side of the car that is accurate for the region that car is manufactured for, so there should be both left and right drive vehicles.

For example, some of my precious STI models have me driving on the right side as they are the JDM version, but others are I presume the NA model as they drive on the left side.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense. I hope there's some right hand drive cars that I have interest in. Ultimately though it doesn't really matter for me either way.

Forza Horizon 3 [OT]: Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos, and Supercars.

Forza Horizon 3 [OT]: Keep Left

Forza Horizon 3 [OT]: What's that Skip?

Forza Horizon 3 [OT]: A land girt by sea.

Bluforce

mhhhhhh, not all cars are accurate.
Abarth 595 essesse is an italian car, and the wheel is on the wrong side. At least in FH2.

Bluforce

There are left hand drive 595s that are manufactured that way though. Obviously that's the version the model comes from. :)

Sure. But "the original italian version" have the steering wheel on the left.

Racing game developers should implement a "steering wheel switching", so anyone can drive sitting on the preferred side. It should not be so difficult to do.

Sure. But "the original italian version" have the steering wheel on the left.

Racing game developers should implement a "steering wheel switching", so anyone can drive sitting on the preferred side. It should not be so difficult to do.

It is difficult, many parts would need to be remodelled and remapped, it's not like you can just flip the car model.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Honestly this entire game is such a huge improvement from FH2.

I'm not entirely convinced. There is a fair bit of pop in, and I think I generally prefer the rolling hills and bushes of FH2 rather than the right windy paths through the dense forest. Won't know for sure until I play the full game though. The additional festival locations sound interesting.

One thing that would be nice, would be if the demo could somehow know I've preordered it digitally and not spam me with 'buy buy buy' prompts.

Lettuce

Is there a way to bypass the first part of the demo at all?, getting boring playing the first part over and over again just want to get to the free roaming section

Blam

I'm not entirely convinced. There is a fair bit of pop in, and I think I generally prefer the rolling hills and bushes of FH2 rather than the right windy paths through the dense forest. Won't know for sure until I play the full game though. The additional festival locations sound interesting.

One thing that would be nice, would be if the demo could somehow know I've preordered it digitally and not spam me with 'buy buy buy' prompts.

In my opinion pop in isn't that bad. Remember tho the setting isn't always in the forest obviously. So it probably isn't that big of a part in the game.

Lego Boss

Honestly this entire game is such a huge improvement from FH2.

Yes, this has the potential to go GOTY.

It's the little things the way the road dries on the side that's in the sun and car cleans up after going through water.

The attention to detail is magnificent.

One week to go!

Might have been the case at one point but a lot of newer models added in are American versions.

For instance the XJ220 used to be RHD but with the newer remodelled version it's a LHD.

Also the black wheel nuts for the XJ220 make it over from FM6 even though they were fine in FH2.

T10 are weird.

tHmBGmQ.jpg

So I just got the Ultimate Edition on PC for £79.99. I must be mad. I never normally pay that much for any game. But the promise of 4K HDR* racing on PC with such a gorgeous looking game warrants a certain amount of madness.
(*I'm uncertain if the PC version has HDR but HDR is possible on PC so why not?).

Some of the wooded areas really remind me of driving around NZ. It's weird to see something so familiar in a racing game. And driving on the right side of the road for once!

Outrun

Fantastic shots. Just wow. GAF said the Xbox One sucks at graphics though and everything is 900p, so how is this possible??? /s

I don't care how it's possible, Horizon's universe makes me feel good. :)

Playground are the inheritors of Sega's blue skies sensibility.

Top Bottom