• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

GHG

It had a break guys. The series didn't have a 2014 entry.

Lets be real here, unless they add some meaningful new features then they may as well hand the series over to EA for some FIFA treatment.

They are at risk of being left behind now since PCars is coming out soon with dynamic lighting/TOD, dynamic weather and proper race weekends.

The GT series was also doing 2 of those things last gen as well but suffered from other issues so they got away with it. New cars and a few new tracks will not cut it anymore so I hope they have learnt a few things from playground games (not the bugs) over the last 13 months.

Jaeger

Random, and maybe not gonna happen but I'd love to see;

Dynamic Weather

DTM Cars
LeMans Cars
Formula 1
1967 Buick Riviera GS
1971 Mercury Cyclone GT

Noobcraft

I want to add no "XP Accelerator" to my wish list for Forza 6. I did just recently have a glitch where I was given 190 days of double xp though. It's kind of useless to have a microtransaction for that.
imag120910ul2.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not saying all of the old tracks were wrong, but tracks like Nurburgring and Silverstone desperately needed a complete recapture. Obviously I wasn't happy about missing tracks, but it's understandable and honestly they've done a decent job. A lot of the tracks in FM5 were completely new to the series, so can't complain there. I just wish it had Suzuka and Infineon.

Ah man Suzuka. It should be a mandatory track in every racing games lol.

I'm tired of Silverstone and Nurburgring. I know I know, those tracks are classics but I just never really cared for them.

My favorite Forza tracks are Suzuka, the two Road A. (Especially Atlanta), Maple Valley, Le Mans, Sunset Peninsula, Spa, Bathurst.

I could do without Twin Ring, Tsukuba, Prague, Bernese Alps and especially Top Gear. TG is a piece of crap gimmicky and useless track.

GHG

you ever get the Storm Island dlc sorted out? that was you right?

Yeh that me unfortunately.

There is a patch coming "soon" that will address the issues apparently so should be able to jump back into horizon 2 again soon.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why is that a shit post? The whole Forza DLC structure and microtrasactions are bullshit.

My only and only gripe specially with FH2.

How exactly is it bullshit?
You get a bunch of very good cars on disc, and fan favorites every month.
The DLC cars are almost never "the best" so you never need to purchase them.
If you only want one car from the pack, then purchase just that car.

As for Microtransactions.....Horizon 2 didnt even have Microtransactions until recently so.........

What kind of DLC structure would rather Forza had?
And as for MicroTrans, i think they learnt from the FM5 launch and by now they will probably set it up similar to Horizon 2 where you have the option to hide them entirely so if seeing a token price pisses you off, hide it.

Bgamer90

Banned
Lets be real here, unless they add some meaningful new features then they may as well hand the series over to EA for some FIFA treatment.

Each Forza entry did have some meaningful new features thanks to the series having a new release every two years.

I would be greatly surprised if 6 doesn't have night or weather racing -- especially since it has been asked about for a long time.

They are at risk of being left behind now since PCars is coming out soon with dynamic lighting/TOD, dynamic weather and proper race weekends.

Disagree. Forza will still have its unique features + will release months after Project Cars (unless there are some delays).

The GT series was also doing 2 of those things last gen as well but suffered from other issues so they got away with it. New cars and a few new tracks will not cut it anymore so I hope they have learnt a few things from playground games (not the bugs) over the last 13 months.

Forza Motorsport series was never just new cars a few tracks with each sequel -- not even with the pretty disappointing Forza Motorsport 5.

GT suffered from focusing too much on "back of the box" features and moving away from the high quality/polish that the pre-PS3 GT games had at their time. The gameplay and UI in the PS3 Gran Turismo games suffered (especially before the updates) due to it. Hopefully the series go back to being as good during its time as GT3 was -- hands down my favorite GT game. Fun to play, and very polished for its time.

RdN

I think it's way to early for another Forza title...

I wanted to see what Turn 10 could do with more time.. But not only that, Microsoft will fatigue the franchise VERY soon if they keep it as a annual franchise.

They need to give this series a break...another year of Forza and Halo..

One is a remaster collection, the other is a new game. One is a sim, the other is an arcade racer. If FH2 was just called Horizon and didn't have Forza in the name would you still feel the same way? I ask this because they play nothing alike.

If Driveclub was called GT: Driveclub would you say that GT also needs a break? That is essentially what you're doing here.

Bgamer90

Banned

I wanted to see what Turn 10 could do with more time.. But not only that, Microsoft will fatigue the franchise VERY soon if they keep it as a annual franchise.

I'm tired.

EBE

Yeh that me unfortunately.

There is a patch coming "soon" that will address the issues apparently so should be able to jump back into horizon 2 again soon.

that sucks. hope the fix works. that dlc is something else..

How is it bullshit? You get 200 cars on disc, by far the most of this gen so far. I always look at Forza's DLC as a glimpse into what the next version will have, but you can get early access if you want to. The game is not forcing DLC on you and I have no problem with it. The base game has plenty of cars. And the games are generally very generous with cash, especially FH2. You can also get some extra buck by using Forza Rewards.

Thy could have just done a Project Cars and had all cars unlocked from the get go removing any need for micro transactions or forcing the player to play a specific way. I know Project Cars is unusual in this regard but for me it shows how strange having the content locked away actually is and hope all racers go down this route in the future. In all the FM games except for the 5th in the series you could access freeplay mode and drive every car but in FM5 you only had a small selection of rental cars and hid them behind the career mode progression or microtransactions.

Megasoum

Banned

Sigh.. It's a racing game. Two full years of development is more than enough. They're not making the next Skyrim here, they're making the next game in a decade old racing franchise.

Also, it's not an annual franchise.

watership

Its like no one paid attention before. There is a mainline Forza game every 2 years. Since inception. It's been a decade of high quality games.

J3ffro

As a guy who jumped on a cheap Xbone bundle, half price FH2 and half price F5 and I've barely scratched the surface on F5 and dabbled 20ish hours into FH2, I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to really get into 5. Damn me and my backlog!

Klocker

Love seeing the new Ford GT getting love on the cover. Thing is pure sex...

Also, teasing about being excited to show game play at E3, I'm hopeful that they are excited at the new power available and extra two years to develop to make this thing a proper upgrade. Even though I thought F5 was good for how it was handicapped by the rushed release and horrible SDK tools

Weather and night , new music, more tracks, more alive integration.

FH2 is magnificent

Jaeger

It's not annual though.

GHG

And each Forza entry did have some meaningful new features thanks to the series having an every two years.

I would be greatly surprised if 6 doesn't have night or weather racing -- especially since it has been asked about for a long time.

Disagree. Forza will still have its unique features + will release months after Project Cars (unless there are some delays).

Forza Motrosport series was never just new cars a few tracks -- not even with the pretty disappointing Forza Motorsport 5.

GT suffered from focusing too much on back of the box stats and moving away from the high quality/polish that the pre-PS3 GT games had. The gameplay and UI on the PS3 Gran Turismo games suffered (especially before the updates) due to it. Hopefully the series go back to being as good during its time as GT3 was -- hands down my favorite GT game. Fun to play, and very polished for its time.

So even if Forza 6 doesn't have dynamic TOD/weather they are not at risk of being left behind?

So what other meaningful (and by meaningful I mean things that will actually have an impact on the racing, not some top gear fluff) features could they add to the game at this point?

I'm sure some of you will, but I will not defend them and be happy if they fail to add in those 2 features. Its pretty much an industry standard by now.

Anion

I'm just going to throw this out there
Weather >>>> nighttime racing for me. Greenawalt, if you are reading this, give me my rain before darkness

Give me both and I'll be happy

Vestal

Gold Member
So even if Forza 6 doesn't have dynamic TOD/weather they are not at risk of being left behind?

So what other meaningful (and by meaningful I mean things that will actually have an impact on the racing, not some top gear fluff) features could they add to the game at this point?

I'm sure some of you will, but I will not defend them and be happy if they fail to add in those 2 features. Its pretty much an industry standard by now.

At 60fps on a console?

Fox Mulder

How many times must the same uninformed post be made.

GHG

At 60fps on a console?

PCars is 60fps on both the PS4 and Xbone.

GT5 had both dynamic weather and lighting LAST gen on the PS3. Noted, it wasn't 100% solid 60fps and there were some dips but it was near enough majority of the time after a few patches.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thy could have just done a Project Cars and had all cars unlocked from the get go removing any need for micro transactions or forcing the player to play a specific way. I know Project Cars is unusual in this regard but for me it shows how strange having the content locked away actually is and hope all racers go down this route in the future. In all the FM games except for the 5th in the series you could access freeplay mode and drive every car but in FM5 you only had a small selection of rental cars and hid them behind the career mode progression or microtransactions.

All cars are unlocked in career....you just need to afford them.
With Forza Rewards and earnings patch, you can essentially buy whatever you want, and if you just want to mess around with a car go to freeplay.

As for the rental service, you must not have played Forza M 5 in a very very long time, cuz all cars are available in freeplay, you just dont earn credits which is fine.

What cars are hidden behind microtransactions?
Please tell me, cuz i just booted FM5 and FH2 and havent found any cars hidden or whatever behind microtransactions?

There will be if this time it lacks soul again.

Horizon 2 and Forza 5 where majorly lacking soul.

Horizon 2 lacked soul?
I honestly dont even know how to respond to that.
So could you please elaborate on your statements?

GHG

Who honestly gives a shit about "soul" in a racing game?

Moment to moment racing is all that anyone should care about.

Give me a break.

Bgamer90

Banned

I don't think Forza will be left behind. I think both games will have features that won't be in the other game.

Also, as I said before, I would be greatly surprised if Forza 6 doesn't have night/weather racing. Too many asking for it + Horizon 2 had it which increased the expectation for Forza 6 to include it.

Great improvements to Drivatars -- such as a "Forza IQ" feature that will let you compete against others who have a similar racing style as you.

Drivatars was a pretty cool feature in Forza 5 but wasn't implemented the way I wanted since it paired me up against many who didn't race like me -- people who raced as if the game was Horizon instead of Motorsport. I didn't like that.

So adding that in would be big for me. It would tone down the crazy racing I experienced in Forza 5 while at the same time keeping the game more challenging in comparison to racing against the A.I..

Don't see who would defend them -- almost everyone I know that's interested in Forza wants it in Forza 6.

jobrro

For the mainline Forzas so far I have only bought the odd numbers (1,3,5) - not intentionally it just worked out that way.

Pretty interesting timing on the announcement, expected an E3 announcement and a Spring/Summer release. Hoping to see the same kind of improvement as Forza 2 to Forza 3.

Bgamer90

Banned
There will be if this time it lacks soul again.

Horizon 2 and Forza 5 where majorly lacking soul.

What do you mean by soul? Its own unique style?

I understand if someone felt Forza 5 was dry but Horizon 2 had a lot of "personality".

For the mainline Forzas so far I have only bought the odd numbers (1,3,5) - not intentionally it just worked out that way.

Pretty interesting timing on the announcement, expected an E3 announcement and a Spring/Summer release. Hoping to see the same kind of improvement as Forza 2 to Forza 3.

This would be great. I hope so too.

Sydle

I'm just going to throw this out there
Weather >>>> nighttime racing for me. Greenawalt, if you are reading this, give me my rain before darkness

Give me both and I'll be happy

I like to think that Playground and Turn 10 working together means they each keep pushing the engine they're using. Weather, dynamic lighting, and different times of day should be in Forza 6.

I just hope all of the DLC cars from Forza 5 carry over as base cars. Don't really want to pay extra money to drive my car a second time.

But if it's just another "here's 200 or so cars" I'll be pretty salty.

GHG

I just hope all of the DLC cars from Forza 5 carry over as base cars. Don't really want to pay extra money to drive my car a second time.

But if it's just another "here's 200 or so cars" I'll be pretty salty.

I'd hope that all the cars (including DLC) from both FM5 and FH2 carry over as standard.

RdN

How many times must the same uninformed post be made.

What?

The Forza franchise is annual. 2012 with Horizon, 2013 with 5, 2014 with Horizon 2 and now 2015 with 6. Whats "uninformed", as you say, in that?

As for my first statement, I really don't want a new Forza. I wish Turn 10 could take a 3 year cycle, really work on their engine, get weather effects, night races in.

I really don't care if they've been doing this since Forza 2. I think the franchise has suffered and innovation has been minimal due to this short dev cycle, and I absolutely think that people will get tired of seeing a new Forza on shelves every year. Horizon 2 already didn't sell that much, even though it's a fantastic game.

If you're happy that you're going to play a new Forza this year, great for you. I'm not, unless Turn 10 really surprises, which looking at their history, they won't.

Peterpan

I like to think that Playground and Turn 10 working together means they each keep pushing the engine they're using. Weather, dynamic lighting, and different times of day should be in Forza 6.
Don't they actually send people over to work on each other's game? I remember someone on this forum saying some Playground people were working on Forza 5.

VinFTW

What?

The Forza franchise is annual. 2012 with Horizon, 2013 with 5, 2014 with Horizon 2 and now 2015 with 6. Whats "uninformed", as you say, in that?

As for my first statement, I really don't want a new Forza. I wish Turn 10 could take a 3 year cycle, really work on their engine, get weather effects, night races in.

I really don't care if they've been doing this since Forza 2. I think the franchise has suffered and innovation has been minimal due to this short dev cycle, and I absolutely think that people will get tired of seeing a new Forza on shelves every year. Horizon 2 already didn't sell that much, even though it's a fantastic game.

If you're happy that you're going to play a new Forza this year, great for you. I'm not, unless Turn 10 really surprises, which looking at their history, they won't.

And this is where people will begin to tune you out.

Man, this thread holds the the record for shitposting for the year so far.

Lol I'd say smarmy drive-by dismissals like yours are more offensive. It's cool if you apologists want to ignore reality but what I said about Forza 5 is absolutely true. I'm a huge fan of the series in general, but F5 set a new bar for microtransaction soullessness. Denying it and attacking posters for bringing up the truth doesn't change that fact.

GHG

What?

Agreed.

They don't even have things like proper pit stops in, which for a series that has been going on as long as this one has is concerning.

Fredrik

Jumping in!
Since Forza 5 is still the only console racer pulling off 1080p 60fps this gen and did so with early SDK at XB1 launch day I can't wait to see what Turn 10 can pull off with the newest SDK 2 years later.

Top Bottom