• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News contributor gets death threats due to Star Wars remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irobot82

lolwat

She's a comedian on Red Eye, she doesn't give a fuck about "nerd cred". Those are her normal glasses.

You certainly seem that way.

Those are the glasses she normally wears.

That you seriously think she's just wearing them for nerd cred (On Fox News of all places) says more about you than it does her.

Maybe not nerd cred, but it's a calculated move. Let me just google image search woman in nerd glasses or hot woman in nerd glasses. Fascinating, wouldn't you know, they look pretty similar. Strange.

those are old people glasses, not nerd glasses

don't believe google images

Nah, those are wannabe nerd hipster glasses.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
She's inarguably hot but there's nothing less attractive than a person describing themselves as attractive.

I bet she is so embarrassed right now. We discovered she makes fun of nerds because she is trying to gain credibility with them. What a bully/poser!

BigDes

I bet she is so embarrassed right now. We discovered she makes fun of nerds because she is trying to gain credibility with them. What a bully/poser!
Oh man i bet her face is so red now she knows she can have her life threatened for making jokes about space wizards.

Ivan 3414

Her joke was funny. Don't be such sissies.

giphy.gif

Wait, you thought her joke was funny...?

ItIsOkBro

I honestly think for a lot of the people that have been sending death threats over minor nerd insults, there isn't even any emotion involved anymore. They don't see her as a bully and probably weren't even hurt by what she said. In some internet geek circles that's just what you do when someone doesn't worship at the feet of nerd culture. Whoever sent this:

was probably perfectly calm while doing it. They just know at this point that this is what you do if you want to silence someone that isn't "one of us". That's even more fucked up to me because at this point you can't even reason with someone like this.
Calm in the same way Ben Carson is calm.

Oh man i bet her face is so red now she knows she can have her life threatened for making jokes about space wizards.

Pssht, you mean space sorcerers, what are you... wait.

It looks like you are wearing a "NeoGAFfy monocle", how do I know you aren't just a fake Gaffer?

One has to wonder if she'd made the same comments if Episode VII was a 20th Century Fox movie just like the last 6 were when initially released.

I'll probably get my question answered if we see less pundits on Fox News hating on soccer around the next World Cup in 2018 where Fox will have the broadcasting rights. It will be really interesting to see if we get Ann Coulter on Hannity again and have both shitting on soccer but anyways, I digressed.

One has to wonder if she'd made the same comments if Episode VII was a 20th Century Fox movie just like the last 6 were when initially released.

I'll probably get my question answered if we see less pundits on Fox News hating on soccer around the next World Cup in 2018 where Fox will have the broadcasting rights. It will be really interesting to see if we get Ann Coulter on Hannity again agnd both shitting on soccer again but anyways, I digressed.

I doubt Fox bigwigs are paying much attention to a comedy show that comes on at 1 in the morning.

Makki

If Youtube "death threats" meant anything every video host would be eligible for asylum in another country.
Her joke was pretty spot on for someone who cares little about scifi crap

Irobot82

If Youtube "death threats" meant anything every video host would be eligible for asylum in another country.
Her joke was pretty spot on for someone who cares little about scifi crap

It hadn't even occurred to me, how much sweeter it would have been had the article also came from Fox News.

GorillaJu

Not to sound like I'm dismissing the obvious harassment away here, but this is literally a story reporting on nasty tweets and YouTube comments.

It's good to tackle the subject in a broader context, but "here is what some anonymous dudes said about a woman" is hardly something worth discussing.

elfinke

Did Conan and Triumph receive death threats when Triumph interviewed Star Wars fans who were lining up for Attack of the Clones? I guess that happened pre-YT, and even Twitter so returning vitriol wasn't so easily done.

Hmmmmmmm.

Maybe not nerd cred, but it's a calculated move. Let me just google image search woman in nerd glasses or hot woman in nerd glasses. Fascinating, wouldn't you know, they look pretty similar. Strange.

Nah, those are wannabe nerd hipster glasses.
So she's going for a certain look, a thing literally everyone does.

?????????

Not to sound like I'm dismissing the obvious harassment away here, but this is literally a story reporting on nasty tweets and YouTube comments.

It's good to tackle the subject in a broader context, but "here is what some anonymous dudes said about a woman" is hardly something worth discussing.

This is like 90% of the reason Anita S is a household name. Because people on the Internet can't handle criticism of their hobbies.

It starts off as "just YouTube" and spirals until some disturbed individual calling in bomb threats to the station. And all because the idea of being cut down by a woman is beyond the fucking pale to these idiots.

As someone who never liked Star Wars, I find it very hard to understand the sort of person that is attached to some series enough to give death threats and rape threats to a person insulting it/the fans of it.

This is like 90% of the reason Anita S is a household name. Because people on the Internet can't handle criticism of their hobbies.

It starts off as "just YouTube" and spirals until some disturbed individual calling in bomb threats to the station. And all because the idea of being cut down by a woman is beyond the fucking pale to these idiots.

Lol. Do you really think Anita is a household name? Bill Gates/Steve Jobs are household names. Bring up Anita at Thanksgiving dinner, or ask people randomly in a supermarket. I doubt 90% of the population even knows who the fuck she is.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
As noted, the entire impetus for this story is stupid tweets and YouTube comments, and we really don't need to signal-boost this sort of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom