• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News contributor gets death threats due to Star Wars remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimawolf

A bully who got death threats after bullying. Relax folks, next time someone tells you you're ugly and a nerd just tell them to fuck off and keep it moving.

vikki

Nice attempt at this lady trying to convince me she doesn't know about Star Wars to the point of obviously avoiding saying light saber, but she knows they use laser sticks. Right lady, you're too cool.

This is stupid all the way around.

As I've said about Red Eye and conservative humor in general, I don't really understand why it's so mean spirited.

Then again, the "fat nerds" deal is kind of a played out joke anyway. The Star Wars hype is real, and it's more than a bunch of nerds who are going to see it, so...

Team nerd talks the biggest L here. Death threats aren't okay, and it's pretty silly to be that riled up over what some nobody on Fox has to say. At least get mad at O'Reily or something.

Me and my friends will be seeing this shit and having a great time, even if it's "bad". Just enjoy the movie!

studyguy

Someone inconsequential to my life has insulted something I love. Better do my best to ruin their lives! ~ The Internet.

Anth0ny

reporting on youtube comments

alright

also:
She also remarked that she wasn't interested in "watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks."

I see nothing wrong with this statement. lol

A bully? Really? It was just a lame remark many jokingly use about pretty much any fandom.

The second comment it's dead on tho, it points out how this particular fanbase behave like a bunch of little kids, the way this mess developed proves her right.

Anyway, doubt those people are more SW fans than they are misogynist trash pulling shit like this at every chance they get.

Nice attempt at this lady trying to convince me she doesn't know about Star Wars to the point of obviously avoiding saying light saber, but she knows they use laser sticks. Right lady, you're too cool.

Wow, Star Wars is serious business.

What r jokes.

It is a joke. I'm not one for casually defending fox news, but what she said didn't warrant that. The reaction is equivalent to Jimmy Kimmel "not understanding" YouTube Red.

People fell for the gotcha

JDSN

Banned
As usual, nerds take their "both sides are the same" nonsense to their natural evolution: Suggesting that a joke's equal opposite reaction involves treats of violence and rape.
Get some perspective, losers.

Nerds who pin their entire identity and existence into a fictional universe really don't like that balloon to be pricked by the object of their desires/rejection ie: gamergate

Instead of crying over this woman's "bullying"* you could do like me and go find someone to have sex with after you watch Ep7.

*lol, emotional weaklings

Calcaneus

I honestly think for a lot of the people that have been sending death threats over minor nerd insults, there isn't even any emotion involved anymore. They don't see her as a bully and probably weren't even hurt by what she said. In some internet geek circles that's just what you do when someone doesn't worship at the feet of nerd culture. Whoever sent this:

"I want to cut that blonde c***'s face off and stick it to a thermal detonator"

was probably perfectly calm while doing it. They just know at this point that this is what you do if you want to silence someone that isn't "one of us". That's even more fucked up to me because at this point you can't even reason with someone like this.

#StarGate.

Oh wait.

#JediGate?

YtsRnUA.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A few neckbeards need to get very publicly thrown in jail for a year or two until kids figure out that there's real harm being caused and that anonymous death threats have repercussions.

We literally have a significant number of people who think that threatening rape and murder is a reasonable response to a difference of opinion about a movie.

"How dare you call them nerd sticks, you should be raped and murdered"

jond76

Banned
Two wrongs don't make a right... the death threats and stuff is something to be ashamed of.

Also, what an absurd statement. The biggest movie in the last decade outside of Avatar ingrained in mainstream isn't cool? Huh? If you DON'T watch it, you're part of an exclusive group, not the other way around.

Please realize that the show she said this on is Red Eye, a late night satire show. Which makes the comments worse, because you would know it's satire if you watched it.

JDSN

Banned
Please realize that the show she said this on is Red Eye, a late night satire show. Which makes the comments worse, because you would know it's satire if you watched it.

Nerds dont know shit about satire, they still bring up Tropic Thunder as an example of blackface.

Irobot82

lolwat

She's a comedian on Red Eye, she doesn't give a fuck about "nerd cred".

She clearly has a very distinct style of "hot but kinda nerdy" hence the classic thick black glasses. She may not be nerdy but she's certainly after that same style you see in abundance all over places like Twitch.

lolwat

She's a comedian on Red Eye, she doesn't give a fuck about "nerd cred". Those are her normal glasses.

lulwat as you so eloquently put it. Perhaps you haven't read the parts where I said this is funny and entertaining. Who cares if she makes fun of Star Wars. The nerd rage reaction is hilarious.

Toxi

Banned
She clearly has a very distinct style of "hot but kinda nerdy" hence the classic thick black glasses. She may not be nerdy but she's certainly after that same style you see in abundance all over places like Twitch.
Those are the glasses she normally wears.

That you seriously think she's just wearing them for nerd cred (On Fox News of all places) says more about you than it does her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom