• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that there is only 4GB. Perhaps people would stop believing Sony all the time.

Hoping for a ram reduction. Don't care about next gen consoles, just wanna see tears and the Cerny wank-fest come to an end

Oh man...one part of me should be upset because I pre ordered a PS4...the other part of me is desperate to see Sony-GAF get a punch to the gut to send them back to earth. I'm so conflicted!

Sony fans already in denial. Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

StiLt

News is that every PS4 comes preloaded with the following album

daftpunk-1367945965.jpg

The Dignitas special edition... cold man.

hackdog

Banned
It was amazing. Before the reveal, which turned out to be absolutely no new information, people came out of the woodwork in droves wishing for the 'downfall' of Sony. There's multiple Wall Of Shame posts a couple pages back. The mixture of pent up anti-Sony sentiment, with the smallest possibility that the PS4 might have bad news, caused a wildfire of posts. The first few pages immediately filled up with people going back and forth from realistic speculation about the news, radical assumptions of down-clocking or even changing the GDDR5 to DDR3 (yea, i know, not even remotely possible), and even complete dismissal of any possible bad news.

Eventually, after about 20+ pages of baseless speculations in a matter of hours, the original poster of the controversial tweet clarified that the news actually nothing serious, and just information about how the memory worked. The situation was being completely overblown. People, who had only hours ago outed themselves as Sony haters and claimed that the Sony would experience a reduction in specs, were immediately put on blast, and ate heaps of crow. And finally, for the past 20+ pages, the thread has descended into a frenzy of people quoting and immortalizing Sony haters, a plethora of relevant gifs, and PS4 giveaways from Verendus.

It's been a weird night/day/whatever.

I have to go back and read all this. Man I'm gonna enjoy this ride.

The ram was reduced to 4gb but than cerny appeared at Japan HQ again and shouted around in japenese about their small dicks.

I quote...

"We're going to put american size ram on the console. It's 8gb because my dick is 8inches and that's the way I like it bitches. "

Yup yesterday was a crazy at sony HQ

ShadyJ

This thread has confused me..

I read it and ill can figure out is that the dude who made the tweet did it for a reaction?

Wow, people are so hungry for Sony to fuck up. I don't get it. Be happy that MS is reversing a lot of its stupid policies and even happier that there will be two powerhouse consoles to drive each other to new heights. Jesus fuck!

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
So much speculation over tweets, after reading the first few pages it looks like people did take the word drama as seriously problematic.

I assume the article still hasn't been posted though? Will be interesting to see why the hell this guy needed to tweet about it a day before?

Kromis1

Wow, people are so hungry for Sony to fuck up. I don't get it. Be happy that MS is reversing a lot of its stupid policies and even happier that there will be two powerhouse consoles to drive each other to new heights. Jesus fuck!

I love it when people say "Jesus fuck!" It sounds hilarious.

I think people are only wanting such things to happen to Sony because there have not been any "negative" articles on Sony, especially considering people love to bash Microsoft/find negatives in any positive Microsoft news. But I suppose that's just GAF.

Papytendo

I love it when people say "Jesus fuck!" It sounds hilarious.

I think people are only wanting such things to happen to Sony because there have not been any "negative" articles on Sony, especially considering people love to bash Microsoft/find negatives in any positive Microsoft news. But I suppose that's just GAF.
While that's part of it, you forget the part that everyone loves a good shitstorm.

DPJ

Banned
I know it's probably the done thing to just post "lol xbots" at the guys who let the scent of blood get to them, but in all seriousness, the guys who have already been raked over the coals for their posts: I'm just disappointed in you.

Knuf

Amazing thread title change is amazing.

Also LOL at the wall of shame:
Originally Posted by Projectjustice
Most of Sony's announcements with PS4 has been knee jerk reactions just to 1up MS. It had to come crashing down sooner or later.

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14
Finally, some bad PS4 news lol
Or maybe not bad but the PS4 has been on such a good roll that I guess something bad had to be said.

Originally Posted by Tiops
Oh God, Sony will drop the ball at this point? Terrible news...

Originally Posted by lunlunqq
NO, NO, Just no... Fuck! I knew Sony would fuck this one up... they always do! NOOOoooo.......

Originally Posted by keit4

Originally Posted by KefkaPalazzo
Oh man...one part of me should be upset because I pre ordered a PS4...the other part of me is desperate to see Sony-GAF get a punch to the gut to send them back to earth. I'm so conflicted!

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank
The Sony brand is finally over

Originally Posted by FreeMufasa
Hoping for a ram reduction. Don't care about next gen consoles, just wanna see tears and the Cerny wank-fest come to an end

ibbzihg775hdfu0byqo.gif

divefaily3ucs.gif

CoolCat

Time to fire up the popcorn

Denial — starting now...
Anger —
Bargaining —
Depression —
Acceptance —

the other part of me is desperate to see Sony-GAF get a punch to the gut to send them back to earth. I'm so conflicted!

I really hope that there is only 4GB. Perhaps people would stop believing Sony all the time.

I guess bad Sonys news would bring some party to the console war.
Xbox fanboys all over the internet would rub it into the faces of sony fanboys.
Sonys is no longer infallible.

dnmn.gif

Somax

Thank you very much for the summaries.

Well, much ado about nothing. But it's still fun to read the sudden meltdowns and the most brutal fanboys charging forward :D

Replicant

These are definitely the best of the best.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA. oatmeal edited his original post.

Robbok

Wow. Just wow. When I went to bed after reading the first pages of the thread, I felt like oh my god, something bad will happen. Now I read the whole thread for breakfast. And it's nothing???
but I had a lot of fun reading it

Inversive

hahaha this was the chance for all the salty xbox fanboys to get revenge for all the negative articles and discussion over the previous couple of months and it backfired spectacularly, hahahaha. Thread of the forever!

Eusis

28 GWs of ggddddrrr16 ram confirmed.
No no, they're going from gigabytes to zettabytes, and all games will install directly to RAM now allowing 0 load time between everything.

Con is that if it ever gets shut down fully you'll have to reinstall everything again. And you'll have to restart all your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom