• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot and will not harbor a community that feels closing redundant or derailed threads or discouraging gif spams to be some sort of anti-LGBT action. It's hurtful, insulting, and ridiculous.

closing a thread made by a gafhop member is racist,
xenophobic and Islamophobic,
peace
troll.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn they clapped up an entire community based on that one thread and select user's disagreements with mods? The community thread itself seemed pretty on-topic even after the mass bans.

I guess this means GAF-Hop is basically already dead. We've basically been in GAF-Hop: Andromeda mode since Blackace left.

3kexLMl.gif

LionPride

Banned
Damn they clapped up an entire community based on that one thread and select user's disagreements with mods? The community thread itself seemed pretty on-topic even after the mass bans.

I guess this means GAF-Hop is basically already dead. We've basically been in GAF-Hop: Andromeda mode since Blackace left.

3kexLMl.gif
I mean, when you're passive aggressive with mods and blame the entire reason your community is disliked as the entire website being Anti-LGBTQ...you're gonna have a bad time

my friends only listen to music made by white people so i can't really talk to them about music :-/
Didn't you just say you're a big fan of Logic and RTJ? Those are like quintessential suburban white kid-core.

I should know, I grew up in neighborhoods with kids exactly like them who like those people a lot.

3kexLMl.gif
As varied as this community's taste is, Pop-GAF was nice because people there enjoyed talking about folks like FKA Twigs, Bjork, Susanne Sundfor, Kelela and more. This community basically just recycles the same memes until they're deader than a horse at a glue factory with a hint of music discussion.

Koozek

Didn't you just say you're a big fan of Logic and RTJ? Those are like quintessential suburban white kid-core.

I should know, I grew up in neighborhoods with kids exactly like them who like those people a lot.

As varied as this community's taste is, Pop-GAF was nice because people there enjoyed talking about folks like FKA Twigs, Bjork, Susanne Sundfor, Kelela and more. This community basically just recycles the same memes until they're deader than a horse at a glue factory with a hint of music discussion.
Xvm2CGQ.gif

If you don't like it here you can just stay at KTT, you know 🤷

Xvm2CGQ.gif

If you don't like it here you can just stay at KTT, you know 🤷
Yes, because my issue here was with the music discussion. KTT is worse because shit there just devolves into blatant stan wars. hiphopheads doesn't really help with finding underground stuff to listen to. /mu/ is a cancerous hellhole full of white kids yelling slurs at one another.

I like this community and I like the fact people here post albums that I wouldn't ordinarily hear, but dear god, this Nav meme has gone through its lifecycle in the span of a month. It was the same with Desiigner the last OT too.

Icolin

Banned
Yes, because my issue here was with the music discussion. KTT is worse because shit there just devolves into blatant stan wars. hiphopheads doesn't really help with finding underground stuff to listen to. /mu/ is a cancerous hellhole full of white kids yelling slurs at one another.

I like this community and I like the fact people here post albums that I wouldn't ordinarily hear, but dear god, this Nav meme has gone through its lifecycle in the span of a month. It was the same with Desiigner the last OT too.

https://twitter.com/beatsbynav/status/892548689998237697

Jay Sosa

Looks like you guys are gonna have to replace pop-gaf for me, the only problem is that I hate trap.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/ba977e015cb40b9a2948aa587fcff01f/tumblr_olanbpszL21u6y3dwo1_400.gif[/QUOTE]

gaf hop threads nowadays are 90% reaction/dancing gifs, you'll feel right at home.

[quote="Adam Sadler, post: 245291599"]Oh wow Paul Rosenberg is now head of Def Jam. Kind of huge and we might actually see Def Jam not being a bit of a shitty label anymore[/quote]

wasn't Rosenberg the guy who told eminem his albums are wack and shouldn't be released? If so he has my vote.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I mean, when you're passive aggressive with mods and blame the entire reason your community is disliked as the entire website being Anti-LGBTQ...you're gonna have a bad time
tumblr_oewwsgZAOF1t0q9vwo1_500.gif

Might just be due to a younger generation of GAF-Hoppers TBH. A lot of the OGs that used to be here used to incite interesting and heated discussions about history, legacy, etc. with a lot of knowledge about stuff that isn't just recent. There isn't much of that anymore, or the banter that made it work at the time.

Looks like you guys are gonna have to replace pop-gaf for me, the only problem is that I hate trap.
tumblr_olanbpszL21u6y3dwo1_400.gif
Here are some pop-friendly, non-trap recommendations from 2017:

Goldlink ft. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy - Crew
French Montana ft. Swae Lee - Unforgettable
Ramriddlz - Habaesha
Ramriddlz - Melanincholy
DJ Khaled ft. Drake - To The Max
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean & Migos - Slide

I'm sure HRD could hook you up with more obscure pop-rap.

Icolin

Banned
tumblr_oewwsgZAOF1t0q9vwo1_500.gif

Might just be due to a younger generation of GAF-Hoppers TBH. A lot of the OGs that used to be here used to incite interesting and heated discussions about history, legacy, etc. with a lot of knowledge about stuff that isn't just recent. There isn't much of that anymore, or the banter that made it work at the time.

Here are some pop-friendly, non-trap recommendations from 2017:

Goldlink ft. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy - Crew
French Montana ft. Swae Lee - Unforgettable
Ramriddlz - Habaesha
Ramriddlz - Melanincholy
DJ Khaled ft. Drake - To The Max
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean & Migos - Slide

I'm sure HRD could hook you up with more obscure pop-rap.

Damn, Unforgettable is really good. Missed out on it at first because it's a French Montana song, but it's quite good.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

From what I understand there have been issues with that community for a long time running, well before I was a mod. But let's move on from the topic please, we don't need more metacommentary drama.

As long as I can spam gifs with lyrics in all caps and italics I'm happy.

Spam where exactly?

Please don't take GAF-Hop from us 😭

I don't see why there'd be a reason for it, but I haven't taken a close look at the thread as of late. What's the concern?

My friends can't even take me seriously when I tell them that most of my Spotify library is composed of music by black artists. They can't handle Logic, let alone someone like Kendrick Lamar or Isaiah Rashad.

Apparently RTJ isn't suburban white kid-core enough for GAF considering the reaction they got in the Game Awards thread last year...

My friends can't even take me seriously when I tell them that most of my Spotify library is composed of music by black artists. They can't handle Logic, let alone someone like Kendrick Lamar or Isaiah Rashad.

Apparently RTJ isn't suburban white kid-core enough for GAF considering the reaction they got in the Game Awards thread last year...
Wow, that's some pretty intolerant shit right there. Where could you even live that has people talk that bullshit? In my case, my friends have just resigned themselves to listening to whatever I put on and I've gotten them to listen to some good stuff as a result. It's just persistence on your part till they find that one song they really enjoy.

Also, NeoGAF is a place where people didn't know who Ariana Grande was until she was added to Final Fantasy. There are probably people on this site who could rattle off every single track title on the FFXV OST but couldn't name one Ariana Grande song. You'd best not use GAF as a resource for anything non-video game music related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom