• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I would be up for some Tower of Salem games some evening though! You can add me, I am Swamped. I've only played one game so far, but it seems really fun.

TRIPLE THE SWAMPS, TRIPLE THE FUN

SvbXegO.png

Sorian

Banned
I'll play ONUW. Haven't really followed any of the other ones though so no clue what to expect!

Yay! I was worried no one would care.

I probably will sit this ONUW out. But those of you who haven't tried it yet, I encourage it! It's really fun and fast paced. Kind of excited about these new roles that Sorian is putting in.

I would be up for some Tower of Salem games some evening though! You can add me, I am Swamped. I've only played one game so far, but it seems really fun.

Can someone also explain to a stupid person how to vote? Do I just type VOTE: blah in the chat box?

In town of salem? At the end of each day phase, there is a 20 (30?) second voting block, during that time, a vote button appears next to each persons name in the bottom right corner. I was pumped last night, got jester for the first time and proceeded to get lynched day 3 ^_^

Oh man I remember that stress... I'll consider joining ONUW, but I'm not sure I want to commit when my risk of losing my 100% win rate in Mafia with another ONUW...

Do it!

roytheone

ONUW V: The phantom wolf.

Anyway, I was actually concidering hosting an ONUW myself, so you really should stop reading my mind Sorian! I will spectate this one, already played 4 of them, so I will let other people play.

BTW, weren't there two people that were skipped for ONUW 4? Zubz and El topo I think? I think it is fair if they get priority.

I'll play ONUW. Haven't really followed any of the other ones though so no clue what to expect!

Do you know those moments in a mafia game where someone role claims and you get counter role claims and it becomes a logic puzzle to figure out who is lying? ONUW is basically that non stop, only there is a big chance you are no longer the role you think you are yourself and have to figure that out simultaneously! It great.

Sorian

Banned
ONUW V: The phantom wolf.

Anyway, I was actually concidering hosting an ONUW myself, so you really should stop reading my mind Sorian! I will spectate this one, already played 4 of them, so I will let other people play.

BTW, weren't there two people that were skipped for ONUW 4? Zubz and El topo I think? I think it is fair if they get priority.

Do you know those moments in a mafia game where someone role claims and you get counter role claims and it becomes a logic puzzle to figure out who is lying? ONUW is basically that non stop, only there is a big chance you are no longer the role you think you are yourself and have to figure that out simultaneously! It great.

If they post, they are probably in!

Hmm... yeah what the hell. I'll do it, I've missed Mafia too much.

Yay! \o/

Expect to have no idea if you're going to win until the final flip!

It's fun. I wish I had time to play this round.

Sounds scary.
Looking forward to it!

Sorian

Banned
I'll join. Not played before, and found it kind of hard to follow what was going on when I read a game, but I'll give it a shot

Excellent

I would participate in ONUW. If we get more than 12 people I'm willing to drop out.

Excellent

We're doing ONUW again?

Sign me up

EXCELLENT

Just bought the steam version of town of Salem. I guess the servers are shared with the free flash one, right?

I hope so, I bought the steam version because the free flash one ran like ass and caused my comp to slow down to a crawl.

Sorian

Banned
I should probably mention, my intention is to get the role PMs sent out early tomorrow morning (US time) when I finalize the player list and night phase will start immediately from your receipt of the role PM. You'll have all day to send me your action. I'm hoping if I send it early enough there won't be an issue since I should be hitting afternoon time in Europe and like 10ish pm in Australia (I think? I'm bad with timezones). Basically, I'm expecting that you see your PM sometime during the 10-12 hour gap and are able to respond if you have role with action.

roytheone

I made a separate thread for sharing Town of Salem usernames in the steam group in case anyone is interested. I think that would be better than having all those usernames scattered around in this thread.

nin1000

Banned
Cabot told me to join the ONWU game, sign me up !
Even though i dont know what theme it has etc.
Sorian should be tagged as "TLDR" :)

Sorian

Banned
Cabot told me to join the ONWU game, sign me up !
Even though i dont know what theme it has etc.
Sorian should be tagged as "TLDR" :)

You're in for a treat! Please see ONUW Game 1 as it is the shortest ONUW game we've played and so can be skimmed fairly quickly. The general rules that Retro outlined in the first post will apply though the roles for mine may end up being vastly different, only time will tell. (ONUW is an open set up so you will know all the roles in play once the game starts).

Sorian

Banned
Hello everyone!

With Retro's blessing, I have decided to mitigate some people's boredom by hosting ONUW 5. My plan is to allow all of you to sign up during the next 24 hours. There are 12 slots for the game and if more than 12 sign up then I will decide the player list based on how many ONUW games you've played in the past. I'm also giving Retro priority to play regardless since he's been a good sport about running the past games and maybe he wants in on the fun. That's up to him though, idk if he wants to play. My plan is to start the game tomorrow afternoon/evening US time. The discussion portion of the game will run 24 hours starting from 5pm eastern time (9pm GMT) on 10/14. At the same time on 10/15, the voting period will start. You all get one private vote sent to me directly, no changing vote once it's in and I will announce results once a strict majority is reach or if time expires (time permitting, I may make you suffer for the results). No discussion during voting time.

The most important thing I want to mention is that I will not be promising a balanced game. I am going to take a large set of the roles (both old roles you are used to and new roles that Gafia has not played with yet) and throw them into an RNG list and give you that. ONUW, by its nature, is not always a balanced beast but as long as there is one werewolf card in the game, it is completely playable and winnable by anyone playing. So with that, I hope you will enjoy ^_^

1. Matt Attack
2. Coppanuva
3. *Splinter
4. Royal_Flush
5. Hyperactivity
6. Lone_Prodigy
7. nin1000
8. SalvaPot
9. Zippedpinhead
10. Fireblend
-----------
etc.

I should probably mention, my intention is to get the role PMs sent out early tomorrow morning (US time) when I finalize the player list and night phase will start immediately from your receipt of the role PM. You'll have all day to send me your action. I'm hoping if I send it early enough there won't be an issue since I should be hitting afternoon time in Europe and like 10ish pm in Australia (I think? I'm bad with timezones). Basically, I'm expecting that you see your PM sometime during the 10-12 hour gap and are able to respond if you have role with action.

Just reposting the current sign-up and timeframe for the new page.

nin1000

Banned
You're in for a treat! Please see ONUW Game 1 as it is the shortest ONUW game we've played and so can be skimmed fairly quickly. The general rules that Retro outlined in the first post will apply though the roles for mine may end up being vastly different, only time will tell. (ONUW is an open set up so you will know all the roles in play once the game starts).

i was part of the game Sorian >:O how did you forget me !!

*ok, thanks for the heads up will come prepared :)

Sorian

Banned
i was part of the game Sorian >:O how did you forget me !!

*ok, thanks for the heads up will come prepared :)

Hmm, well I was going to say that I wasn't in game 1 so how would I know but then I see you were in game 2 with me so I guess I have no excuse. Please keep in mind that ONUW Game 2 was my first thing with anyone from Gafia so I didn't really know you all well enough yet. My apologies!

Swamped

Banned
Your scuminess knows no bounds.

Hehehe...there are three of me in any given game, how could i possibly lose XD

I'll try and be online in Tower of Salem at 9pm PST tonight if anyone wants to play! Still learning, though i heard some of you are experts now.

Sorian

Banned
Hehehe...there are three of me in any given game, how could i possibly lose XD

I'll try and be online in Tower of Salem at 9pm PST tonight if anyone wants to play! Still learning, though i heard some of you are experts now.

I got transporter last night, I was able to redirect a night kill against myself to a jester instead and the following night phase I redirected a kill on the investigator to the Mafioso that initiated the kill. Haven't been as hyped in awhile seeing the achievement pop for making someone kill themselves.

roytheone

You know, now that I think about it, it is a bit weird that the game asks you for a fake name, but allows you to take cosmetic items into the game which could give your identity away.

Sorian

Banned
You know, now that I think about it, it is a bit weird that the game asks you for a fake name, but allows you to take cosmetic items into the game which could give your identity away.

Not really, your cosmetic item/appearance is chosen before a role is given to you. It's like when people change their avatars when they know what theme they are in but before seeing what role they get.

Palmer_v1

Ok, at first, you guys were putting me off with all of this cosmetic shit, but this salem game lets you use a different ID each game? That sounds awesome.

Sorian

Banned
Ok, at first, you guys were putting me off with all of this cosmetic shit, but this salem game lets you use a different ID each game? That sounds awesome.

I can already seeing you raging when you get into a game with someone not taking it serious. One of my first games, the jailor opened with "GUYS IM THE JAILOR DONT KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was not a bluff.

I can already seeing you raging when you get into a game with someone not taking it serious. One of my first games, the jailor opened with "GUYS IM THE JAILOR DONT KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was not a bluff.

I had the SK kill me Night 1 and left a death message saying "slut." In the same game, the first mafioso killed revealed the identities of both his partners in his will. It can be a real riot with the right (wrong?) crowd.

roytheone

Not really, your cosmetic item/appearance is chosen before a role is given to you. It's like when people change their avatars when they know what theme they are in but before seeing what role they get.

I don't mean give your role away, but your identity. For example, the fact that I didn't knew which player was cabot was part of the fun!

Palmer_v1

It was not a bluff.

If it plays fast, I'm less likely to care unless it's a trend. I just hate having my time wasted.

Edit:

I would also be unlikely to play it outside of our own private games, anyway. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

Sorian

Banned
I had the SK kill me Night 1 and left a death message saying "slut." In the same game, the first mafioso killed revealed the identities of both his partners in his will. It can be a real riot with the right (wrong?) crowd.

Apparently this is a real meta strategy. Sometimes people will put two random names in so that town will waste a day lynching someone, sometimes they will put one scum, one town etc. Maybe they were screwing around, maybe they were trying mind games. It's hit or miss. When I played jester, I got them to lynch me by pretending to screw up a whisper in game.

I don't mean give your role away, but your identity. For example, the fact that I didn't knew which player was cabot was part of the fun!

Ah I see, nah, whatever, I've played every game as Sorian. No regrets.

Sorian

Banned
I would also be unlikely to play it outside of our own private games, anyway. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

The fact that I played it from 2 in the morning to 7 in the morning the first night squidy posted about it tells me that apparently, I have time for that shit >_>

Top Bottom