• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

squidyj

That's fine. I'll pop champagne in the dead thread and scrutinize EVERYTHING you do so hard they'll never let you in for your own protection.

i miss u

you know, if you put some orange juice in there you'd have yourself a mimosa. ;)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We're slowing down just a bit and have enough players for the three planned games, so I think I might accept 80 was a bit of an ambitious target, leave this open a few more days just for any late-comers, and then split people between games.

Growing too fast is a thing too Crab, especially since this community isnt even 8 months old. Going from 1 game to 3 concurrent ones is more than I expected when I first came into this. 😆

Zatoth

We're slowing down just a bit and have enough players for the three planned games, so I think I might accept 80 was a bit of an ambitious target, leave this open a few more days just for any late-comers, and then split people between games.

I think we will need ~30 players for the Cthulhu game. Depending on what the other two games plan we may need more.

squidyj

World Domination is slower than it looks from the outside.

squidyj

The game counts probably shouldn't vary too wildly. I don't think we want a game ending several weeks after the other ones.

Yeah, especially if we're trying to do this in waves. It'd be more platable if we just had some sort of a queue, a revolving door if you will.

Edit: AC Mafia has taught me bad habits :(

Zatoth

The game counts probably shouldn't vary too wildly. I don't think we want a game ending several weeks after the other ones.

May not always be possible. But for Season 3 I think the differences will not be too big. 21+, 24+ and 30 at the moment.

There is also the possibility that a game ends sooner than expected.

Kevyt

k4amyo4.gif

sigh.

Enker

The first and only time I played Mafia was more then 10 years ago
and I lost =(

I’m in if signups are still open. No pronoun preference.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I have a question, when the mafia chooses to kill someone can they have any input on how they do it?

keyurjoshi

Neo Member
Hey All. I'm an indie dev from Ohio and I thought this thread would find our new, upcoming interesting. It is called Devil's Bluff and is a 12-player murder-mystery game. Imagine an online game of Clue or a virtual game of Mafia/Werewolf (without the roles).

Here is a short trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9S53XKcFo
And a funny Let's Play Gameplay Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkLRIhyxqs

We are in beta testing. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email at keyur@kbjgames.com, or DM us on Twitter @DevilsBluff, and lastly add us on Skype at jokeontheworld

Best,
--Keyur

Kevyt

Hey All. I'm an indie dev from Ohio and I thought this thread would find our new, upcoming interesting. It is called Devil's Bluff and is a 12-player murder-mystery game. Imagine an online game of Clue or a virtual game of Mafia/Werewolf (without the roles).

Here is a short trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9S53XKcFo
And a funny Let's Play Gameplay Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkLRIhyxqs

We are in beta testing. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email at keyur@kbjgames.com, or DM us on Twitter @DevilsBluff, and lastly add us on Skype at jokeontheworld

Best,
--Keyur

Noice! I'm really digging the gameplay, the clues, and the aesthetic of the game.

Great job all of you guys!

Just one question: anyone even if they aren't the devil can kill another player? Players were attacking each other (the wizard who was the devil, the witch and the frankenstein dude) in the let's play vid.

keyurjoshi

Neo Member
Noice! I'm really digging the gameplay, the clues, and the aesthetic of the game.

Great job all of you guys!

Just one question: anyone even if they aren't the devil can kill another player? Players were attacking each other (the wizard who was the devil, the witch and the frankenstein dude) in the let's play vid.

Only Devil can attack and only when in costume. Aside from that, players cannot direclty attack each other, though they can slap one another for fun and/or if someone is being annoying. Lastly, there are traps in the mansion that one player could switch on another player to cause damage.

--Keyur

Palmer_v1

She wanted a Batman theme

Arkham Knight style(minor spoilers).
5ish players infected with Joker blood for Mafia

Good Guys:

The Batman. (Backup Cop/Doc, NK Immune while still backup)
Nightwing (Doc)
Robin (Role Blocker)
Gordon (Jailor)
Oracle (Watcher/Tracker)
Catwoman (Suspect)
Alfred(Cop)
Lucius Fox (Armorer)
Bigger spoiler:
The Arkham Knight (Tough Vigilante)
7ish Ordinary Citizens

Bad Guys:

Bruce Wayne - Hush
(Traitor)
Riddler (Switcher/Magical Entertainer)
Scarecrow (Role Blocker)
Penguin (Nothing)
Two-Face (Tough)
Slade (NK Immune Killer)

Neutral:

Azrael(SK)

Be a bloody(ish) game. For coming up with it in like 10 minutes, how balanced does it seem? Note: I have no intention of actually running it, but feel free to steal ideas.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
When does the game start? I needs it.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I miss you guys. Or something.

I'm closing sign-up and assigning players tomorrow, and I'm going to give each of the game-runners a sort of check-list/guide-book thing so they can check some stuff about their games without me having to see them. Then I'll allow a week. So, it should start in a week and a day.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm closing sign-up and assigning players tomorrow, and I'm going to give each of the game-runners a sort of check-list/guide-book thing so they can check some stuff about their games without me having to see them. Then I'll allow a week. So, it should start in a week and a day.

Nice. I'm pumped.

Also Crab, you've got some weird hanging tag on play #13 on the list.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed.

I've also cleared last season's waiting list; I sent everyone on it a PM almost a week ago so those who haven't replied at this point are clearly not active enough. That means we're looking like this:

New players on last season's waiting list.
1. [m] GreatCharleston
2. [m] TheGoddamn
3. [m] roytheone
4. [m] Rest
5. [ f ] Sawneeks
6. [m] Flame_AC

New players
1. [ f ] Droplet
2. [m] Mike_Hawk689
3. [m] Burbeting
4. [m] Rats Off To Ya
5. [m] Arkos
6. [m] CornBurrito
7. [m] ANuclearError
8. [m] A Human Becoming
9. [m] Neuromancer
10. [m] OrangeYouGlad
11. [m] cooljeanius
12. [m] Lone_Prodigy
13. [m] Capitan
14. [m] Septimus Prime
15. [m] Never Forever
16. [m] Sorian
17. [m] kgtrep
18. [m] cabbeh
19. [m] ViviOggi
20. [ –] Visualante2
21. [m] *Splinter
22. [m] GreatLord Tiger
23. [ –] Enker
24. [ f ] Pau

Established players from last season's waiting list.
1. [m] Crab
2. [m] El Topo

Established players by date of their last death, furthest to soonest.
1. [m] Tucah
2. [ f ] swamped
3. [m] Lord of Castamere
4. [m] Seath
5. [m] Coppanuva
6. [m] Terrabyte20xx
7. [m] Blargonaut
8. [m] Barrylocke
9. [m] Quantumbro
10. [m] SalvaPot
11. [m] Makai
12. [m] Hobohodo
13. [m] OceanicAir
14. [m] Mazre
15. [m] Kalor
16. [m] Zubz
17. [m] kingkitty
18. [m] Zippedpinhead
19. [m] Haly
20. [m] ultron87
21. [m] franconp
22. [m] EzekelRAGE
23. [m] CzarTim
24. [m] Timeaisis
25. [m] AbsolutBro
26. [m] squidyj
27. [m] nin1000
28. [m] RetroMG
29. [ f ] YesNOnoNOYes
30. [m] MattAttack
31. [m] Razmos
32. [ –] Darryl
33. [m] Palmer_v1

Total: 65

Assuming that no new players join, the games sizes will probably be 23/21/21; possibly even 21/21/21 as there will almost certainly be drop-outs and having one or two players available as replacements would be useful. I'm aware the means some of our mods will have to down-size by a few slots; hopefully that's not catastrophic.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
21 and 24 would both (normally) have about four to five mafia, so unless you've got something very funky going on with many weak mafia or a few strong ones, you won't have to adjust them. That means you're taking (e.g.) three town to go from 24 to 21. If, currently, about half to two thirds of your town are ordinary and a half to two thirds are power roles, you'd probably be looking to take two ordinary town out and one power role, which should keep it at roughly the same ratio. Given reducing the number of town players reduces the number of mistakes town can make, the power role removed should be one of the very minor ones.

Ourobolus

Banned
21 and 24 would both (normally) have about four to five mafia, so unless you've got something very funky going on with many weak mafia or a few strong ones, you won't have to adjust them. That means you're taking (e.g.) three town to go from 24 to 21. If, currently, about half to two thirds of your town are ordinary and a half to two thirds are power roles, you'd probably be looking to take two ordinary town out and one power role, which should keep it at roughly the same ratio. Given reducing the number of town players reduces the number of mistakes town can make, the power role removed should be one of the very minor ones.

Yeah, I've figured out what to remove. Shouldn't impact much, though the power role I removed...sniff...the description was a masterpiece. :'(

Zatoth

Crab, you still have Terrabyte20xx listed as a player. But he is also a moderator in the Cthulhu game.

Oh an about downsizing to 21 players. That could be a problem.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Crab, you still have Terrabyte20xx listed as a player. But he is also a moderator in the Cthulhu game.

Oh an about downsizing to 21 players. That could be a problem.

You'll have to moderate without him. You have Karkador, MattyG, Ourobolus and LaunchpadMcQ for help, there's no need for a someone who doesn't actually run a game or have experience running a game to use for help not be in the player list.

If you really think you can't adapt your game to 21, we can always tag you out for Seath and he can mod and you can play, and maybe use your game next season. Up to you; I just think it's very unlikely we'll get 7 new sign-ups before tomorrow evening that would allow for a 30 player game so I don't think trying to stay at 30 and still run this round is possible.

EDIT: 2 games of 31 is possible, but those are big games. I'd expect each one to last about three months if not a little longer. I don't know how okay everyone is with that.

Zatoth

You'll have to moderate without him. You have Karkador, MattyG, Ourobolus and LaunchpadMcQ for help, there's no need for a someone who doesn't actually run a game or have experience running a game to use for help not be in the player list.

If you really think you can't adapt your game to 21, we can always tag you out for Seath and he can mod and you can play, and maybe use your game next season. Up to you; I just think it's very unlikely we'll get 7 new sign-ups before tomorrow evening that would allow for a 30 player game so I don't think trying to stay at 30 and still run this round is possible.

Okay. Terrabyte20xx should be fine to run in the other two games. He is still helping me with the planning.

I talked about the player count with him and 21 should be doable.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, in the case pray that more people sign up! We need to do something suitably dramatic. Dance, my monkeys, dance.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why not make some of the games bigger and the others smaller?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why not make some of the games bigger and the others smaller?

One of the games would have to be very small. If one game was 30 players, and one 21, currently the other would have to be 12. Those are all very different experiences, and random assignment would be unfair; people would have to chose. It's more work at this stage than just trimming set-ups. Roles are not important part of mafia anyway, if you can't trim a game successfully there's a high chance you're emphasizing the wrong parts.

Top Bottom