• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Still some time to recruit. Did you try to contact the players from the first season?

I've not contacted people who haven't shown repeat interest. As I've said before, I don't really want us to be, so to speak, GAF cold-callers, because I don't think anyone else will appreciate that. This thread is already an act of moderator leniency because we're quite obviously a Community (even if we are one that needs exposure by nature to work).

Palmer_v1

Would it be wiser for future rounds to recruit and divide players prior to creating the new games? That way the moderators know from the start how many players they're balancing for.

I'm worried we got a bit ahead of ourselves on this one.

Ourobolus

Banned
One of the games would have to be very small. If one game was 30 players, and one 21, currently the other would have to be 12. Those are all very different experiences, and random assignment would be unfair; people would have to chose. It's more work at this stage than just trimming set-ups. Roles are not important part of mafia anyway, if you can't trim a game successfully there's a high chance you're emphasizing the wrong parts.

Yeah, I think we should still strive for relatively equal sizes. While it's possible for me to cut my game in half, I would really prefer not to have to go to that extreme.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Would it be wiser for future rounds to recruit and divide players prior to creating the new games? That way the moderators know from the start how many players they're balancing for.

I'm worried we got a bit ahead of ourselves on this one.

I've always wanted that, but you guys all whizzed off ahead with ideas from the moment the last game ended. :p If you look at Seath, you can see people are planning games loooong in advance of moderating them. In some ways, that's a pretty good thing, I love the enthusiasm, but yeah, maybe a gentle reminder that you may not be able to stick too closely to the original design may not be a bad thing.

Ourobolus

Banned
I've always wanted that, but you guys all whizzed off ahead with ideas from the moment the last game ended. :p If you like at Seath, you can see people are planning games loooong in advance of moderating them. In some ways, that's a pretty good thing, I love the enthusiasm, but yeah, maybe a gentle reminder that you may not be able to stick too closely to the original design may not be a bad thing.

I agree. Themes are fine, but they need to be modular enough to allow for some fluidity in design.

Zatoth

I've always wanted that, but you guys all whizzed off ahead with ideas from the moment the last game ended. :p If you look at Seath, you can see people are planning games loooong in advance of moderating them. In some ways, that's a pretty good thing, I love the enthusiasm, but yeah, maybe a gentle reminder that you may not be able to stick too closely to the original design may not be a bad thing.

To my defense, I told you that I was panning to run in season 4. :D

So, I haven't actually done anything since I said I would tweak my game. Is there a number you would like me to build around?

I can employ my original scheme and just tailor the roles around that plus a set number of players.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So, I haven't actually done anything since I said I would tweak my game. Is there a number you would like me to build around?

I can employ my original scheme and just tailor the roles around that plus a set number of players.

We're looking at 21 players for each of the games, I think.

Ourobolus

Banned

I think the last time we looked at your setup you were at 21 players anyway.

Would it be possible for some members to volunteer to double up in games?
Volunteer Only - So ppl won't be forced to double play
Previous Game Played Requirement - This shows the person knows the time dedicated and has a track record of sorts in playing and not being inactive.

Drawbacks - Only drawbacks I could think of would be for the guy doubling up and not much for the mods of the games.
---People playing the other game would probably try to cross info to see if the person posts differently in the two games they are in?
---You get killed early in one game and flip mafia/bad could make people doubt you in other game.
----A lot of time commitment

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Would it be possible for some members to volunteer to double up in games?
Volunteer Only - So ppl won't be forced to double play
Previous Game Played Requirement - This shows the person knows the time dedicated and has a track record of sorts in playing and not being inactive.

Drawbacks - Only drawbacks I could think of would be for the guy doubling up and not much for the mods of the games.
---People playing the other game would probably try to cross info to see if the person posts differently in the two games they are in?
---You get killed early in one game and flip mafia/bad could make people doubt you in other game.
----A lot of time commitment

I'd be willing to experiment with this. IIRC, CzarTim was interested.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Come on guys, we can't ALL play in two games at once, it would defeat the purpose, and we'd get dumb stuff like Timeasis and Palmer being lovers in one game and Lyncher/lynchee in another, or Crab accidentally blowing his mafia cover because he posted in the wrong game.

Which is why I should play all THREE games!
/s

Come on now guys, we don't really three pages of confirmations for this, do we? If you die early, confirm then.

BTW. I still say replacements should be barred from all out of game discussion just like a player. #1deadthread

Edit: Wait are we talking "Die in Game 1, replace in Game 2" or " Play in Game 1 and replace in Game 2"

CzarTim

I'd be willing to experiment with this. IIRC, CzarTim was interested.
yeeeeeeeesssssssss
Czar would probably be able to play two or more characters in the same game and discuss with himself.

What are your feelings on Czar?

Well, he's been way scummier than his last game.

Kind of agree, but he may just be busy.

Vote: Czar

Whoa, bad vote right now.

I'm pinging him for a reaction.

lol bad vote

Come on now guys, we don't really three pages of confirmations for this, do we? If you die early, confirm then.

BTW. I still say replacements should be barred from all out of game discussion just like a player. #1deadthread

Edit: Wait are we talking "Die in Game 1, replace in Game 2" or " Play in Game 1 and replace in Game 2"

Thought we were talking about, Play in Game 1, Play in Game 2.

Thought we were talking about, Play in Game 1, Play in Game 2.

That's a lot of responsibility for those people... Something unforeseen happens irl, and two games get screwed over so we need two replacements, or if they put more attention into one game because they got a better ability teammates will get screwed in the other game. I see a lot of things that could go wrong.

Good luck with that.

Ourobolus

Banned
That's a lot of responsibility for those people... Something unforeseen happens irl, and two games get screwed over so we need two replacements, or if they put more attention into one game because they got a better ability teammates will get screwed in the other game. I see a lot of things that could go wrong.

Good luck with that.

Right, but the upside is that Barrylocke can get killed Day 1 twice!

Sorian

Banned
I'll stick with one game if that's alright. I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting myself into yet so I think I should play it safe.

Darryl

Banned
You people threatening yourself to play in two games need to grow some self-respect. What if you make it past the intro in BOTH? Huh? I bet you didn't think about that.

Fireblend

Banned
Is it too late to get in on this? If not, I'd be happy to participate :) I didn't see any link to sign up; do I have to do anything other than state my willingness here? :p

Zatoth

Is it too late to get in on this? If not, I'd be happy to participate :) I didn't see any link to sign up; do I have to do anything other than state my willingness here? :p

Still possible to sign up. The only thing missing is your preferred personal pronoun.

Palmer_v1

Right here is fine! Crab will also want to know what pronouns we should address you with, i.e. male/female/other.

Edit: Also, your avatar fits in great with TWE and Zubz.

Timeaisis

Oh, so we need more players, huh? I have a friend trying to get registered on GAF who really, really wants to play, but he hasn't got his account approved yet.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We don't *need* them. We've just about scraped over the lower bound. It'd be nice to have a few more, though, as it probably makes things easier.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't care either way but now I'm really interested in seeing people play two games at once so I support this.

Timeaisis

If I had to play two games at once, I know for a fact I'd get confused which is which, fuck up some analysis and, then die.

Top Bottom