• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, power struggle, communications embargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Silent Hills wont be dead cause the deal is between Del Toro and Konami

On other hand: The Power of Kojima

VuqWzin.jpg

Dude...0.63% is nothing.

Markun

Jesus Christ, Konami. I can't believe they'd let go of their biggest video game talent there.
I have no idea what they're planning to do with their video games division at this point.
RIP ZOE3

At least they still have Yugioh to keep them around?

Silent Hills wont be dead cause the deal is between Del Toro and Konami

On other hand: The Power of Kojima

VuqWzin.jpg

Ouch.

Edit:I feel like a fucking moron for saying this. Ridicule me.

Epsilonart

Neo Member
What a weird news to hear , I'm confident that kojima will find something else quickly to do , As for yoji shinkawa ( no one talked about him ) I wonder if he is going to leave konami as well , maybe make a new game company with kojima , that would be neat .

Dabanton

Why is everyone assuming he wants to stick to making games? He might go into the film industry after all this mess.

Lets be honest here he'd probably be making terrible straight to Video action movies.

I think he should stick to making games.

Somnid

Yikes. Well I think this is for the best. Konami can finally rest in peace and Kojima is free to do whatever the hell he wants, preferably partnering with people who care.

Rflagg

That is a lot more serious than I was expecting. I hope they all stick together as KojiPro, and continue to be focused on being multiplatform in the development of their titles

So much this, whatever else happens I hope they find a way to still make games (ones they want to make) and stick together.

Not something I'd expect, that's for sure. Last Kojima MGS? Damn... hard to believe, what the fuck is happening.

Still, excited to see what Kojima comes up with, just don't leave the industry.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I figured Kojima would eventually leave Konami. It's a shame for MGS and SH, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he does next.

Respect to them all for managing the situation to allow MGSV to wrap up without too much disruption.

Am I the only one seeing this as a positive for Kojima? Technically, he is now free to do whatever he wants now and gives us other experiences besides MGS. It probably is the final MGS as he said it for real now lol. I am excited for his new ventures but dreading the future MGS's, at the same time I feel MGS5 will bring the saga to a full circle. MGR2 is Platinum's joint so there is no worry about that game. Silent Hills is the one to feel sorry for, it's probably fucked or something but we hope it isn't. All in all, break free Kojima. You deserve better.

Rest in piece, Konami.

EDIT: Him going out will probably mean half or most of the team leaving with him and forming a new Studio. As someone like Kojima I'm sure he'll easily join another studio or make a new one. After all, he made an entirely fake studio for quite some time.

CTLance

Is it bad that I'm hoping for a quick and messy death of Konami now, so that their many IP's can get scavenged and put to use? I mean, Konami was part of my childhood, and now I'm sitting here, hoping someone comes along and stabs them in the back so that vultures can tear them apart.

...I blame Konami. What have you done to me, old friend.

quesalupa

I'm pretty bummed about Silent Hills maan. It has so much promise. Even if they do still make a version of it, I wanted to see what kind of twisted stuff Kojima's brain could make.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't understand the gnarly people who see gaining control and ranks in a company as a bad thing.

"He was getting too popular".

How the hell is that a bad thing unless you're jealous of the guy.

Japanese business 101: never try to outclass those above you

Alebrije

Nice, MGS 6 will have fresh ideas, ground zero did not showed me anything new or fresh for the series , hope future director adds innovation.

Kojima should go to Nintendo to develop a new IP thet could be great

Jarlaxle

So I'm thinking about what the smartphone Metal Gear will be like and it'll probably be pretty cool! You can make it grid based, sort of like Hitman Go, but instead of a premium product they may go with an energy thing so missions and being spotted will drain your lifebar (rations restore it but cost extra). Collecting cards of MGS characters, weapons, and vehicles and using them AC!D style will be a hoot too, and they can have special monthly events so you have a chance at "capturing" special characters like Tuxedo Snake or Pliskin with their own unique attributes.

They'll probably be able to pump it out pretty quick, too, what with Kojima not being able to stop it. A win-win situation all around.

577157.gif

Konami's future isn't to make MGS6 and outsource it. AAA games are high-risk/high-reward scenarios. They're trying to actively get out of the risk part.

What will probably happen is leveraging those IPs for mobile development.

Toxi

Banned
Wow, it's actually happening.

Konami has gone from being the company that makes nothing but Metal Gear to the company that just makes nothing. Anyone with half a brain needs to jump off that sinking ship.

NScqJL3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom