• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can get PSN credit on the website in $3 increments using reward points? Is that what you're saying?
yes. www.poweruprewards.com

wait, they might have changed it! maybe you can do $10 increments now?

EDIT yes, it works out to be the same amount of points, but at least you have to type in fewer codes. i remember the last time i did this, they took a while to show up so be prepared for that.

Piano

Banned
Searched around the thread and didn't find a definitive answer -
Can I use my trade in value for Steam Wallet cards?

THX

HCgamer

When I buy splatoon 2 can I use a $15 pur certificate with a $5 pur certificate? I have over 20,000 points not enough to get the $25 pur certificate.

When I buy splatoon 2 can I use a $15 pur certificate with a $5 pur certificate? I have over 20,000 points not enough to get the $25 pur certificate.
Yeah you can use up to 3 different denominations I think it is in a transaction. So for example you can't use two $10 certificates, but you can use a $15 and a $5.

HCgamer

My online b2g1 order arrived yesterday dragon quest 7 & 8 3ds carts only resident evil biohazard ps4 arrived in case looks new never played.

What would be the best way to get either Trade Credit or GS Gift cards (2 x $100) "converted" to Best Buy Gift cards? Would like to buy BOTW since I have GCU and a $5 off cert.

The thing with buying used phones at GameStop is that it should be risk free because the person trading in signs an agreement saying that the phone is theirs and they are trading it in like willingly. So even if it is stolen you shouldn't be liable and can return it.

Amazon cash redemption for $500 worked perfectly today. Seems like I might be returning the three iPhones that I'm receiving on Monday tho, considering all these bad experiences with gamestop 'premium' returbs.

Can someone clarify something for me: I went to a GS today to swap my gift card for an Amazon gift, but was told I couldn't. I have something with Trade In Credit on the card, so I'm not clear on if maybe that's not technically a gift card? Or maybe it was because I tried to put it on all on one Amazon card (about $400)? I had to wait since trading in my games because it was late the night I did it.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
No direct way as far as I know. Maybe trade/sell the GS gift card in the B/S/T thread?

Would need a way to get the trade credit on to a GS Gift Card in one store, then use that credit to buy a Visa type of gift card online or in-store if that is even possible, then use that in a Best Buy store or online doing a split payment.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can someone clarify something for me: I went to a GS today to swap my gift card for an Amazon gift, but was told I couldn't. I have something with Trade In Credit on the card, so I'm not clear on if maybe that's not technically a gift card? Or maybe it was because I tried to put it on all on one Amazon card (about $400)? I had to wait since trading in my games because it was late the night I did it.

You need to use your trade in credit to buy GameStop gift cards. Then you need to use those GameStop gift cards to buy Amazon cash. They don't work on amazon gift cards.

Vibed

I wish there was a way to retroactively get the PUR points I would've earned during this, since I signed up for it the day after I did it.

You need to use your trade in credit to buy GameStop gift cards. Then you need to use those GameStop gift cards to buy Amazon cash. They don't work on amazon gift cards.

GameStop gift cards (not trade in cards) can't be used to buy Amazon gift cards? When I tried to buy Amazon cash I was told explicitly that it must be paid for with cash only.

Would need a way to get the trade credit on to a GS Gift Card in one store, then use that credit to buy a Visa type of gift card online or in-store if that is even possible, then use that in a Best Buy store or online doing a split payment.

I don't think you can purchase Visa Gift Cards with anything but cash or another credit card. At least that's how it works on Amazon when buying Visa Gift Cards.

Why do people keep giving misinformation?

Once you have converted your trade in credit to gamestop gift cards you can use them to buy Amazon gift cards OR Amazon cash. Not one or the other. It is a very YMMV situation. It seems folks have had better luck with Amazon cash, but multiple users have reported grabbing Amazon gift cards, walking up to the register, and swiping their gamestop gift card without asking with success.

Yes some clerks will stop you. A user just posted he was explicitly told it had to be cash. It might get harder for one or the otber or both. But you shouldnt state stuff as if it is universal fact when it isnt.

YMMV folks. Try one. Try the other. Go to a different location. Butter up the employee or just walk right up with little discussion and try to swipe the gs gift card. Bottom line is there is no fool proof method for this. Nor is there any "that absolutely wont work" except perhaps trade credit directly to amazon anything skipping the gs gift card step.

GameStop gift cards (not trade in cards) can't be used to buy Amazon gift cards? When I tried to buy Amazon cash I was told explicitly that it must be paid for with cash only.

They have been used for both with success in this thread. Walk in, grab the amazon card, go up to the register and state how much you want on it. Dont ask permission. Swipe when it comes up without showing the gamestop gift card. All of this gets said every page but some folks continue to obfuscate the fact that it is simply a YMMV situation.

I converted $1400 in gamestop gift cards directly to amazon cash in three transactions with the same employee back to back. Others have bought amazon gift cards. Some go to multiple stores. I had one store refuse to turn the trade in credit to a gamestop gift card because they caught a glimpse of my trade in card, but the guy that did my amazon cash was super cool about it. Try a new location and good luck.

Its worth it if you have hundreds or 1000+. Amazon cash is as good as the real thing. You can buy almost anything there lol.

Anyone know if we can replace a game in a bundle with something else in store? I would want to get a pro controller instead of arms but fine print makes me think it's all or nothing.

Redd

They lied to you. I did it today no problems. Just said I needed $450 on a gamestop gift card. Went to another gamestop and said I wanted $450 in Amazon cash. They scanned my amazon bar code and I swiped the gift card. Easy.

Why do people keep giving misinformation?

Once you have converted your trade in credit to gamestop gift cards you can use them to buy Amazon gift cards OR Amazon cash. Not one or the other. It is a very YMMV situation. It seems folks have had better luck with Amazon cash, but multiple users have reported grabbing Amazon gift cards, walking up to the register, and swiping their gamestop gift card without asking with success.

Yes some clerks will stop you. A user just posted he was explicitly told it had to be cash. It might get harder for one or the otber or both. But you shouldnt state stuff as if it is universal fact when it isnt.

YMMV folks. Try one. Try the other. Go to a different location. Butter up the employee or just walk right up with little discussion and try to swipe the gs gift card. Bottom line is there is no fool proof method for this. Nor is there any "that absolutely wont work" except perhaps trade credit directly to amazon anything skipping the gs gift card step.

They have been used for both with success in this thread. Walk in, grab the amazon card, go up to the register and state how much you want on it. Dont ask permission. Swipe when it comes up without showing the gamestop gift card. All of this gets said every page but some folks continue to obfuscate the fact that it is simply a YMMV situation.

I converted $1400 in gamestop gift cards directly to amazon cash in three transactions with the same employee back to back. Others have bought amazon gift cards. Some go to multiple stores. I had one store refuse to turn the trade in credit to a gamestop gift card because they caught a glimpse of my trade in card, but the guy that did my amazon cash was super cool about it. Try a new location and good luck.

Its worth it if you have hundreds or 1000+. Amazon cash is as good as the real thing. You can buy almost anything there lol.

Thanks for the info. I think I just got unlucky - the only employee there was the store manager who said you can only purchase Amazon cash with actual cash. Didn't ask, guess it comes down to who is working at that moment like you and others said.

Persona7

Banned
They lied to you. I did it today no problems. Just said I needed $450 on a gamestop gift card. Went to another gamestop and said I wanted $450 in Amazon cash. They scanned my amazon bar code and I swiped the gift card. Easy.

Some stores do require cash only for gift cards if they have a high rate of gift card fraud.

Man, the GameStop sub gets really salty when people ask about trying to transfer trade in to amazon currency. I’ve seen posters be told to get fucked or that the employee will be fired.

Dynasty8

Man, the GameStop sub gets really salty when people ask about trying to transfer trade in to amazon currency. I’ve seen posters be told to get fucked or that the employee will be fired.

Ya it's really annoying. I've tried twice and they told me it doesn't work.

They all take their jobs too seriously. Nobody gets in trouble for doing something the POS allows unless its specifically called out in their procedures, which the gift card - amazon isn't.

Megatron

What would be the best way to get either Trade Credit or GS Gift cards (2 x $100) "converted" to Best Buy Gift cards? Would like to buy BOTW since I have GCU and a $5 off cert.

In my experience, gamestop returns purchases by gift cards as cash. Take your gift card and buy a ps4 or whatever. Take it back a day ir two later without opening it. If you paid with a gift card (not tade credit) they will refund you with cash. Take cash to best buy.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
In my experience, gamestop returns purchases by gift cards as cash. Take your gift card and buy a ps4 or whatever. Take it back a day ir two later without opening it. If you paid with a gift card (not tade credit) they will refund you with cash. Take cash to best buy.

LOL, I just imagined the look on someone's face if they were allowed to do this in one transaction to the tune of thousands of dollars. LOL. I think someone would get written up/fired.

asdad123

Returned my first 6S Plus as it was bent (I am getting the other 2 today so hopefully no problems with those) for a replacement in store.

Basically the guy returned/rebought it under a new order. Does that mean I can just return this one if there is a problem with it and keep the other 2 as a B1G1? lol.

wanders

No way. Then how come everyone is trying to jump through all these hoops to turn trade in credit to cash if they can just do that lol

IMACOMPUTA

This is probably going to be really dumb, but did you make sure your trade in card covered the entire cost? When I was paying for the Switch I put in a card but it said you must enter CC information and I realized I needed to do an extra $10 to cover it all (I used a second trade in card).

----

Speaking of which, my package left KY at 11:45 PM on July 5th and there still hasn't been an update

4554cfd4ba99f0cd.png

Xbl is never taxed, whether you use trade credit or otherwise. But games are

Wtf? Are you trying to convert to a gift card or just buy a game online?

Ive tried using two gift cards to cover the entire purchase and I've tried leaving a little extra and entered my debit card info. Neither work.

I've tried purchasing GameStop gift cards and PSN credit. I haven't straight up tried buying a game, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom