• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of doing the same, but I don't want the steering wheels that come in the new bundle.
Yeah, I didn't want them either but I was going to get Mario Kart anyway and I was half entertaining the idea of playing Zelda again. Couldn't pass it up lol.

Owensboro

Sorry if this question had been asked before, but Mr phones search function is wigging out for some reason.

Is Amazon Cash basically the exact same thing as if you put a gift card on your account, or is it some other strange pool of money that has limitations on it?

Totally doing the Amazon swap tomorrow. Just wanted to ask before buying gift cards.

Sorry if this question had been asked before, but Mr phones search function is wigging out for some reason.

Is Amazon Cash basically the exact same thing as if you put a gift card on your account, or is it some other strange pool of money that has limitations on it?

Totally doing the Amazon swap tomorrow. Just wanted to ask before buying gift cards.

Nope it's just as good as a gift card. It just gets automatically added to the gift balance on your Amazon account.

You will also get a bonus $10.

DTU

Banned
Wait, so did they have bad ESNs?

Saw your edit before I could reply.

The ESN check on Swappa said they are activation ready, but apparently their "internal checks" state that they both are not paid off to the carrier. Their check is worthless.

Edit: the plot thickens. Verizon says that the device is free and clear. Swappa sucks?

xHiryu

goddamn i wished i hit up the first day, seeing some of you make out with ipads, iphone and somewhere using it as furniture money lol

i ended up with around $250 which isnt bad on its own right. ended up scooping all Kingdom Hearts PS4 compilations, Horizon, year of PS Plus, $60 of Steam Credit and even some pokemon cards for my lil bro

this thread is GOAT, glad we were stick it to the man and make "fake money" into something concrete and valid

Dunno what I was expecting when the scheduled delivery day is Monday, but I can't help but feel disappointed my Switch still hasn't had a transit update since it left the original facility last night :p

What's the best way to use your Powerup Rewards points? I have around 100k sitting there...

I believe Persona7 said that come Black Friday the pre-owned certificates cost half as much as they usually do, which would be good to do some more buying/flipping, but IDK if there are deals for non-pre-owned stuff.

Thanks, guys. I have another b2g1 coupon in my email and I may just buy 3 more phones with my own money to flip and use the cert plus my remaining $100 or so in credit on that. My 6 iPhones are shipping right now. How are people getting theres so fast? I chose the free shipping option and it takes like 7 business days so I guess people paid for 1-2 day shipping?

Malo

Banned
Thanks, guys. I have another b2g1 coupon in my email and I may just buy 3 more phones with my own money to flip and use the cert plus my remaining $100 or so in credit on that. My 6 iPhones are shipping right now. How are people getting theres so fast? I chose the free shipping option and it takes like 7 business days so I guess people paid for 1-2 day shipping?
I thought that coupon didn't work on hardware.

ironmang

iphones getting here tomorrow it seems. hope all 3 are good to sell online since if they're not i can just see this being a huge headache to deal with lol. oh well, they were basically free so guess i cant complain.

maks

For anyone with points you should check your reward settings. They may automatically transfer into certificates every months kinda like bestbuys program. You can bank these instead.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I'm so damn glad that I check this thread randomly on Saturday. One of the genuinely nicest and most helpful threads I've visited.

Kaizer

Banned
looks like I am getting my switch tomorrow, payed for standard shipping, 17.99. i thought it was suppose to ship on the 7th

My Switch is arriving tomorrow as well. I didn't have to pay for shipping at all since I did the online order at an actual GameStop store & they waived the shipping fees. Had no idea it would arrive this soon!

My Switch is arriving tomorrow as well. I didn't have to pay for shipping at all since I did the online order at an actual GameStop store & they waived the shipping fees. Had no idea it would arrive this soon!

;___________;

Still at Departure Scan from KY for me

Have over $600 in GameStop credit but I'm going to probably hold onto it for awhile. Tired of dealing with GameStop. I've gone to GameStop every day since Sunday and my last 3 trips have been busts. I used Sunday and Monday to trade in some of my games. My second trip on Monday I tried to get Amazon credit. Didn't work because I tried to use my Powerup card. At least the person there tried to get it to work. I went there on Tuesday to try to convert, but the guy just straight said no without really trying. Wednesday I went to trade in some retro games, but didn't realize I only had 5 and not 6, so that was my fault. Went in again today, this time with my 6 retro games, but both people working there said they didn't know how to do retro games and told me to come back Saturday. I'm not even 100% sure if some of these work so that's bothering me too. From all of this I'm feeling a mixture of frustration and depression, plus some paranoia because I feel like I'm being judged from going in so much. I rather go to another GameStop at this point which is over an hour away, but I'm paranoid trying to convert to Amazon credit will fail again and it's trying me mad.

Sorry mainly just wanted to vent a little.

sad story
First of all, that sucks. Second, in case you're not aware, make sure you get your credit off of the pur card and onto a normal Gamestop gift card first, then you can get regular Amazon gift cards with the Gamestop GC. You can't go straight from pur credit to Amazon gift cards because the system doesn't allow it.

It'll be YMMV going from pur/trade credit to Gamestop GC, and then again from that gift card to Amazon. The system does allow both of those but many employees won't do it for you.

I think others have gotten Amazon Cash which I don't know much about so not sure if you can convert straight from pur credit to that.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Switch owners:

Spend $10 of your GameStop credit to get Has Been Heroes physical. It's REALLY good! I'm not into Rouge-likes, so maybe the game isn't a "good" rouge-like, but I think it's great. It's made by the team who did the Trine series.

It takes about an hour to "learn", but once you get it - it's very solid!!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I've decided to keep my credit at Gamestop. 1) The crew at my home store are awesome. I didn't to the trades there because I don't need anything bad to happen to them at that store. 2) I can full pay certain things with credit which would get taxed no matter where I buy them and avoid paying tax. For example a game console, Download code, or something like that.

I could do things to get the money out and use it elsewhere, but it's not enough to buy furniture or something like that.

GameStop seems to be in the bundle only business now, but the two recent ones (one might still be up actually) have had only stuff that you would probably buy anyway like Zelda and a pro controller. Up to you really. If you can't flip to Amazon it's not a big loss.

Gamestop's been offering them in bundles primarily right now. No idea which one's actually better, Amazon hasn't had em in a while.

edit: I ordered my Zelda bundle Monday, shipped yesterday, delivering tomorrow.

where is the pro controller one. all i see are "think geek" bundles with stupid statues and knicknacs

ryushe

Switch owners:

Spend $10 of your GameStop credit to get Has Been Heroes physical. It's REALLY good! I'm not into Rouge-likes, so maybe the game isn't a "good" rouge-like, but I think it's great. It's made by the team who did the Trine series.

It takes about an hour to "learn", but once you get it - it's very solid!!
I wholeheartedly agree.

I bought it last month on sale and didn't get to try it out until a few days ago, and after you get over the learning curve, it's a very good and interesting game.

I've decided to keep my credit at Gamestop. 1) The crew at my home store are awesome. I didn't to the trades there because I don't need anything bad to happen to them at that store. 2) I can full pay certain things with credit which would get taxed no matter where I buy them and avoid paying tax. For example a game console, Download code, or something like that.

I could do things to get the money out and use it elsewhere, but it's not enough to buy furniture or something like that.
I'm doing this same. The crew at my local GS is awesome and as you mentioned, I'm going to buy video games anyway. Might as well do so tax free.

mcfly1955

Neo Member
I've never been much of a gamestop shopper, but I have about $385 on GS gift cards (converted trade in to 4 GS gift cards). I was denied at 2 stores trying to purchase Amazon GC's with the Gamestop GCs, so unless I try again, I'm stuck with Gamestop GC's.

I'm planning on getting an Xbox One X...I've always bought consoles from Best Buy/Amazon...

Does Gamestop allow online pre-ordering of consoles with release day delivery, typically? Or, am I stuck going in person to the store and pre-ordering and then picking up day 1? I will have an Xbox One S to trade, so maybe I should be waiting for a trade in deal at GS and preordering the console to reserve my spot (when preorders open), and then taking my Xbox One S and gift cards and getting it all done at once...

Thanks

I wholeheartedly agree.

I bought it last month on sale and didn't get to try it out until a few days ago, and after you get over the learning curve, it's a very good and interesting game.

I'm doing this same. The crew at my local GS is awesome and as you mentioned, I'm going to buy video games anyway. Might as well do so tax free.

How is it tax free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom