• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tempted to get over 500. I'm at 422 now. What specific games do you buy on b2g1? And I'm assuming you do the deal twice so you are actually grabbing 6 games?

I'm so tempted to get over 500. I'm at 422 now. What specific games do you buy on b2g1? And I'm assuming you do the deal twice so you are actually grabbing 6 games?

Do it as many times as you can in one location. If you have the credit to buy 6 and get 3 for free, do it. Then take to another location and flip.

bodine1231

I'm getting close to that as well. Getting nervous about potentially getting banned (even though everything is kosher). I want to save the points for the Xbox.

Yeah I don't care about a ban though. Got my buddy to help today so let's see how far we can push this.

I wanna do one more round today, so what are the good Gs to GameStop flips? Will be picking up t7 PS4 and t7 Xbox and personality 5 for one B2 g1, but not sure on the other to make it 6. Switch games obv, but what else? 3ds games?

Smaller area here so only like;2-3 GameStoos and have yet to see a used switch game

Either this is new or just me finding out about it, but I can't place a hold on more than 3 products at a single time for in-store pickup at Gamestop.

ClearData

I'd like to do one more run. My tally right now is now a little over $400, but I feel pretty content. I have this itch to try to get to another milestone and get enough trade credit to cover an Xbox One X, but the truth is I went into this trying to get enough for a Switch and I've done that with my own games and two strategic copies of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 from Best Buy for $30. Whenever the Switch does come back in stock I can cover the MSRP now and just pay the taxes.

If you're interested in free games, the best route for boomeranging is finding 9 games that you want that are all new releases.

Buy 3 sets of B2G1, keeping three of those games and trading in the other 6. You should end up with 3 games for free.

If you're interested in just credit, you can accomplish the same as the above (without the games) in one less step, by buying 2 sets of B2G1 and trading them all back.

The goal of both of the above is to have unique games. Also, the above assumes that the 9 (or 6) games you choose all trade in for approx. the same value and cost approx. the same.

The most challenging part of it all is stock at an individual location.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Also am I being an asshole if I show up to gamestop with like 22 games

PLEASE remember to fill out your www.TellGameStop.com survey for the person you have helping you out and you WON'T be an asshole!

Everyone should do this for their employees, especially clerks who are ringing you up without hassle and you're bringing them a shit ton of games, and then you are buying a shit ton of games. I went to 3 stores yesterday, they were all super cool about everything. They work hard to earn these good feedback surveys. Help them out!

www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Wait are some of you guys buying games and literally trading them in 3 seconds later at the same store?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wait are some of you guys buying games and literally trading them in 3 seconds later at the same store?

I've been in this thread since yesterday, No.

I think unless you get a REALLY COOL sales clerk, they aren't going to let you do that. People have been going to multiple GameStops to do the flipping.

PLEASE remember to fill out your www.TellGameStop.com survey for the person you have helping you out and you WON'T be an asshole!

Everyone should do this for their employees, especially clerks who are ringing you up without hassle and you're bringing them a shit ton of games, and then you are buying a shit ton of games. I went to 3 stores yesterday, they were all super cool about everything. They work hard to earn these good feedback surveys. Help them out!

www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com

Seconding this.

If you work in a restaurant or retail, you already know this, but these surveys are ridiculously important. Giving someone a good survey really does mean a lot to their bosses, etc.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Different stores, maybe across the street.

I've been in this thread since yesterday, No.

I think unless you get a REALLY COOL sales clerk, they aren't going to let you do that. People have been going to multiple GameStops to do the flipping.
Oh okay. That's what I was doing yesterday. Left some money in store credit but cashed out most in other giftcards, might try again today with the leftover store credit and see what happens

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

ctt2SZ1.png

Best PS4
7wO02Hm.png

Best XBOX
XmlNpQG.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order. The highest is Mario Maker and it ends at Yoshi ($20 base)

Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I found a Rory McIlroy PS4 game in a Target on clearance for about $12. Hid it to buy tomorrow. Can't do what I want to do today. Dammit. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom