• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE remember to fill out your www.TellGameStop.com survey for the person you have helping you out and you WON'T be an asshole!

Everyone should do this for their employees, especially clerks who are ringing you up without hassle and you're bringing them a shit ton of games, and then you are buying a shit ton of games. I went to 3 stores yesterday, they were all super cool about everything. They work hard to earn these good feedback surveys. Help them out!

www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com www.tellgamestop.com

Also if you are trading in a shit ton of games about >$150 worth upgrade to their Pro Membership for free. that boosts your trade-in to 70% and the membership essential pays for itself and change + free sub to Game Informer.

I think they may make a commission off of these or something. The employee was really happy when i got one and he even cheered about getting one with another employee when i walked away lol

I only have $100 at most to spend so I may just do 6 nintendo selects lol would get around 120 back so $40 profit.

What would be my best move if I only had $100? Im trying to avoid trading in but I do have a couple sonic games i'll never play.

should i drive to best buy and target for used things? (I dont have gcu)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I only have $100 at most to spend so I may just do 6 nintendo selects lol would get around 120 back so $40 profit.

What would be my best move if I only had $100? Im trying to avoid trading in but I do have a couple sonic games i'll never play.

should i drive to best buy and target for used things? (I dont have gcu)

Just buy ANY of those games on the list I posted a few posts above. They all net positive trade in value.

i found 2 different stores where I can get

Persona 5, arms, injustice 2(X1)
Zelda, Mario Kart, and either 1-2 switch or injustice 2(ps4)

is that a good group of games. Which one is better between Injustice and 1-2 switch value wise?

bigkrev

Are the website prices "locked" for the day at this point? Heading out to pick out some stuff from Best Buy to supplement the 3DS games I got yesterday in B2G1

Persona7

Banned
Are the website prices "locked" for the day at this point? Heading out to pick out some stuff from Best Buy to supplement the 3DS games I got yesterday in B2G1

They should be but you never know. Double check the prices when you are in the gamestop parking lot before breaking the seals.

Syrus

Banned
One hand im Jealous of you guys doing this , other hand its 2 much work haha.

I got 83 off it and have plenty on my xbox acct already..

I want to do this but the grown up working man tells me not to

Keep in mind your chances of getting six used games that trade for a high value are pretty low at any single gamestop, while you can check inventory on the mobile app or website its not always accurate and it may be gone by the time you get there. Some people in this thread think they can waltz into gamestop and easily pick up 15 games that all trade for high values at another gamestop, but the reality is that tons of people already did that friday when B2G1 started.

Persona7

Banned
It's weird how some games I traded in yesterday are now showing in the stores online inventory but they are subject to a thirty day trade hold.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
It's honestly not worth it to purchase any PS4 or XBOX1 pre-owned games from GameStop itself, those are priced to not make you money flipping. Look for mostly Nintendo games on the list I posted.

Permanently A

Injustice 2 is $54.99 pre-owned but has a base value of $27.50. You can do better.

tumblr_l73uwcl1oi1qaqps8o1_500.png

tell me the seeeeecreeeeet pls

Look for these, they're ranked in order. The highest is Mario Maker and it ends at Yoshi ($20 base)

Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.
Thanks for this.

Sh0k

Found a Gamestop that had pre-owned BOTW, ARMS and Disgaea 5. Just flipped them plus another copy of Plants vs Zombies 2, GTA 5 and a filler game, turned $248. store credit into $386.

That's it for me, tired of going all over trying to find more games.

jacobeid

Banned
Quick question and I apologize if it's been answered a million times. Do I calculate the trade in values on the website and then add 60% on top of that to figure out how much I get or do the values on the website include the extra 60?

Permanently A

Dragon quest 8 preowned is $30 and its trade value is 27.50 before the 60% bonus.

That's insane!

Find a $54.99 game with a higher base value.

Oh I see what you're saying, I thought you meant games with a lower buy in and trade in but the ratio would be better overall

Quick question and I apologize if it's been answered a million times. Do I calculate the trade in values on the website and then add 60% on top of that to figure out how much I get or do the values on the website include the extra 60?

Website values are base w/o 60 or 70 % bonus

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Guys I just easily found 6 games off my list posted here for 3DS online. Just type games into the search bar and click Pick-Up in Store and then click the button to Hold in Store for you to pick-up. I literally just did my hunting on my computer, so easy.

I'll head over in about an hour (give them time to locate all 6 games).

EDIT: nevermind I just found 9 games on the 3DS list, all from a single store. So easy, do your hunting online www.gamestop.com and click Hold Order, then go do a store pickup.

Guys I just easily found 6 games off my list posted here for 3DS online. Just type games into the search bar and click Pick-Up in Store and then click the button to Hold in Store for you to pick-up. I literally just did my hunting on my computer, so easy.

3ds games are better flips than 54.99 console games?

How do these games make profit? If you buy a used P5 for $50, you trade it in for like $55 with the bonus. How does that add up to hundreds of dollars?

Permanently A

If you hold in store, when you go to the store you're allowed to do the B2G1?

The is the best way to do this. Spend 20-30 min before heading out in planning.

Don’t go to stores hunting blindly.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
How do these games make profit? If you buy a used P5 for $50, you trade it in for like $55 with the bonus. How does that add up to hundreds of dollars?

When you buy Pre-owned from GS this week they have a B2G1 deal. So every third game you buy is free. So if you hypothetically purchase 3 x $50 games, that would only cost $100 since the third is free. When you go into trading in all 3 you'll get $150, a $50 profit. Rinse and repeat.

Can i use my gamestop trade in credit to buy stuff for the B2G1 to trade by for later or is that too suspicious? lol

That's exactly what this thread is doing. Go to a different store and trade in the stuff you just bought from the B2G1.

When you buy Pre-owned from GS this week they have a B2G1 deal. So every third game you buy is free. So if you hypothetically purchase 3 x $50 games, that would only cost $100 since the third is free. When you go into trading in all 3 you'll get $150, a $50 profit. Rinse and repeat.

That's exactly what this thread is doing. Go to a different store and trade in the stuff you just bought from the B2G1.

That's what I was missing, the B2G1 part.

With all the flipping, are you only going into each GS one time max? Like, assembling all your games from your own collection and Best Buy, then going to GS1 and getting B2G1 and then going to GS2? Can you go back to GS1, or are they gonna be like nah

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
3ds games are better flips than 54.99 console games?

The console games are something like $50 to buy used and $55 to trade in value. That's a $5 profit. The Nintendo first party 3DS/Switch games are like $35 to buy and $42 to trade-in a $7 profit. But since the games are cheaper you can obviously buy MORE of them and instead of just trading in a few $50 console games you are able to buy a lot more 3DS games (remember every 3rd one is free) and trade in more.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Look for these, they're ranked in order. The highest is Mario Maker and it ends at Yoshi ($20 base)

Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

thanks!

I'd like to just take a moment to tell those of you that are being helpful in this thread that you should maybe let people work it out for themselves. There's more than enough information out there and if people can't take a few minutes to figure it out why should they profit?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
That's what I was missing, the B2G1 part.

With all the flipping, are you only going into each GS one time max? Like, assembling all your games from your own collection and Best Buy, then going to GS1 and getting B2G1 and then going to GS2? Can you go back to GS1, or are they gonna be like nah

I don't know, reading the stories here in this thread is MOSTLY happy employees that you are buying used and trading in a shit load of game, that makes the clerks very happy because they get "graded" in a way based on selling used and taking trade-ins. My brother went last night and said he was getting "hassled" at a store and asked a lot of questions by the clerk, but they still processed his trade-ins.

I haven't been back to the same store yet. I'm going back together. We'll see what their attitude is. The general feeling is the employees do not care. They get kudos for selling preowned and taking trade-ins by their bosses, so the more the merrier to them.

... You just can't/bad form trade in games, and then immediately repurchase them back from the same store. I have yet to hear a story in this thread about being turned away or "banned" but it's frowned upon and they simply are just not going to allow you to do it.

I'd like to just take a moment to tell those of you that are being helpful in this thread that you should maybe let people work it out for themselves. There's more than enough information out there and if people can't take a few minutes to figure it out why should they profit?

This is an 18/36-page thread, if you're jumping into it this late (it's been going strong since Friday) it's hard to make sense of anything. Information on page 2 or 3 in this thread has changed al lot.

It's confusing, so I don't mind helping others.

Really debating whether or not to try and do this today...

The only thing is I don't want to spend any of my own money honestly. I'd like to just start it up by trading in my own games first, lol.

Persona7

Banned
I will make a FAQ next time something like this comes along.

Really debating whether or not to try and do this today...

The only thing is I don't want to spend any of my own money honestly. I'd like to just start it up by trading in my own games first, lol.

The extra 60% is still good if you have some old games lying around. Maybe not so much if you don't have any of the high value games people are taking advantage of but there is a good amount of credit.

I don't know, reading the stories here in this thread is MOSTLY happy employees that you are buying used and trading in a shit load of game, that makes the clerks very happy because they get "graded" in a way based on selling used and taking trade-ins. My brother went last night and said he was getting "hassled" at a store and asked a lot of questions by the clerk, but they still processed his trade-ins.

I haven't been back to the same store yet. I'm going back together. We'll see what their attitude is. The general feeling is the employees do not care. They get kudos for selling preowned and taking trade-ins by their bosses, so the more the merrier to them.

... You just can't/bad form trade in games, and then immediately repurchase them back from the same store. I have yet to hear a story in this thread about being turned away or "banned" but it's frowned upon and they simply are just not going to allow you to do it.

This is an 18/36-page thread, if you're jumping into it this late (it's been going strong since Friday) it's hard to make sense of anything. Information on page 2 or 3 in this thread has changed al lot.

It's confusing, so I don't mind helping others.

Lol we got a bolo email for people doing that in our region. (Buying and immediately turning around and trading in at the same exact store)

Don't do that, while inherently there's nothing wrong with it policy wise, at least afaik, it looks mad suspicious, to the point where again, we got an l.p. email about.

So hey, they see you guys lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom