• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Between CAG and GAF, I see gamers..

giphy.gif

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order.
Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

I will make a FAQ next time something like this comes along.

The extra 60% is still good if you have some old games lying around. Maybe not so much if you don't have any of the high value games people are taking advantage of but there is a good amount of credit.

My gold mine is in all of my DS Pokemon games. I just don't know if I can part with them out of some stupid sense of them becoming even more valuable in a few years, lol.

I’m at $1,981 in trade-in the last three days now.

Do I keep going and go past the $2k limit!?!??

This Disgaea 5 Complete is staring me in the face...

Persona7

Banned
If only a single store had 3 copies of Rio 2016....oh well.

My gold mine is in all of my DS Pokemon games. I just don't know if I can part with them out of some stupid sense of them becoming even more valuable in a few years, lol.

They are also fun to revisit every now and then.

Jonboy

My Best Buy had used copies of PVZ GW2, Amazing Spider Man 2, Shadow of Mordor GOTY, Need for Speed, and Need for Speed Rivals. Then I had several games I'd completed waiting to be traded-in...

giphy.gif

Guys, I'm legally in the U.S., though for only a year, and I don't know which ID to provide them for the membership. I have a SSN card (which I don't think will be accepted), my american visa (but it's in my brazilian passport) and my workplace card, which is probably my best bet as it's from a federal agency and has my photo. I went yesterday and they didn't accept any brazilian ID. Is there anything that I can get to satisfy them (either from above or something I can get quickly)?

Permanently A

Look for these, they're ranked in order. The highest is Mario Maker and it ends at Yoshi ($20 base)

Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

Knew about this from the posts in this thread but really handy to have it all compiled in one place! Thanks

I am excited to announce that I received $51 store credit for 1-2 Switch. So, if you want to get the most value you'll probably get for that game, find 5 other games you can live without and trade it in!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Guys, I'm legally in the U.S., though for only a year, and I don't know which ID to provide them for the membership. I have a SSN card (which I don't think will be accepted), my american visa (but it's in my brazilian passport) and my workplace card, which is probably my best bet as it's from a federal agency and has my photo. I went yesterday and they didn't accept any brazilian ID. Is there anything that I can get to satisfy them (either from above or something I can get quickly)?

lol bring them all and see what they tell you.

Jonboy

I’m at $1,981 in trade-in the last three days now.

Do I keep going and go past the $2k limit!?!??

This Disgaea 5 Complete is staring me in the face...

Lol. Getting any suspicious looks yet when they see your trade-in balance? I'd be getting nervous if mine was that high. I don't see how they can do anything to you though considering it's their own promotion at fault here.

I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone on this thread. By the time I was finished last night, I had spent several hundred dollars on gift cards, walked away with three games and still have over 500.00 dollars in trade credit. Maybe an Xbox One X? Who knows. But please, fill out those surveys. As a former GS employee, it means the world to us. And they are putting up with your antics with a smile on their face. Godspeed.

reKon

Banned
Spent $70 something dollars on the best buy games and I traded in 15+ of my PS4 and PS3 games...

With the pro membership I got $400 back. Just bought 4 of the highest value 3ds games and picked up 1-2 switch and just dance. On my way to the next game stop to trade them in, then I'm done for today.

I have breath of wild and Mario kart deluxe in hold at another GameStop, but won't make it today. Hopefully the trade value doesn't switch on me tomorrow lol.

Man after getting rid of most of my physical games not long ago I literally can get like $90 after 70% extra. $51 of that coming from Persona 5 which I own digitally as well.

That’s barely enough to even make even on buying them digitally as some just never go on sale. Which makes me really sad as I remember the days with @Gamer where I had $2000 in GameStop credit and paid off both my ps4 and Xbox one plus they still allowed you to buy amazon cards so I built a pc as well.

Had to keep searching but I reserved 6 used games at a store. Gonna assemble games I would want to trade in, then use that credit to buy them.

Went to Walmart, bought Amazing Spider-Man 2, Black Flag, PvZ Garden Warfare 2, and both Need for Speeds for $15/each. Traded them in with two other games I had for $225 haha. Up to $530 now on my card. Debating saving it for Xbox One X or grabbing PSVR. Decisions decisions

Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order.
Wait but used from gs and immediately flip back to them?

I don't live near other game stores and ride the bus so can't I just buy them today and trade back to the same store tomorrow? All those big box retailers are in the suburbs.

Persona7

Banned
I don't live near other game stores and ride the bus so can't I just buy them today and trade back to the same store tomorrow? All those big box retailers are in the suburbs.

Maybe try a different shift or different employee at the same store. If they give you shit just say you decided to buy new copies online because they were cheaper or something like that.

Permanently A

I can't go to gamestop today, is there any issue with my brother using my PUR card balance? Do you have to sign anything when you use it or what?

Lol. Getting any suspicious looks yet when they see your trade-in balance? I'd be getting nervous if mine was that high. I don't see how they can do anything to you though considering it's their own promotion at fault here.
Lol nope. I have it across 7 different gift cards

dreamfall

I am finished.

After never trading in a single game, I sent some old doubles packing and let go of The Last Guardian. Bought a copy of GW2 on XBO/PS4 and a copy of Spiderman from Best Buy. Ended up with $927. Good enough for me, although if I had the patience I'd probably try to use that B2G1 sale also.

It's amazing to me how arbitrary trade values are on older titles. That launch day Rivals copy actually proved useful baha.

Permanently A

has anyone tried stacking this bonus WITH the bonus you get for trading in towards E3 pre-orders?

Yes, my clerk was really helpful and told me about it and tried to use it for me, I didn't even know about it. Its supposed to give an additional 40% but it doesn't stack. He said it worked earlier and they must have shut it down.

Permanently A

I did 9 orders, it took 30 minutes to get all 9 e-mails saying they were ready. Then I just called the store and confirmed, they said they were ready. So yeah, about 30 minutes.

My store must be really slow or really busy, its been 50 minutes and only now the confirmations are rolling in one by one. Well just hoping they have everything in stock. Thanks for letting me know!

Permanently A

When you can't find your Wii games because your dad apparently threw them out to declutter EleGiggle

C9UBb9IXgAE-bsV.jpg

Just went into my gamestop and the guy said he didn't care if I bought and immediately flipped lmao

Lol, some people don't care but the company policy is the policy and you can get hurt if you don't follow it. Like trading in 5 copies of the same game isn't allowed, maybe some associates will take it anyways but the system will automatically flag it as potential stolen games.

C9UBb9IXgAE-bsV.jpg

Lol, some people don't care but the company policy is the policy and you can get hurt if you don't follow it. Like trading in 5 copies of the same game isn't allowed, maybe some associates will take it anyways but the system will automatically flag it as potential stolen games.

I rarely set foot in there so yolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom