• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

I’m up to ~$1,200 (only did one B2G1 flip though) but I might do more if it’s not killed tomorrow when I go to visit my parents for the holiday

there’s only 2 GameStop’s where I live (and the next closest is 30-45 minutes depending on traffic) which doesn’t lend itself well to the B2G1 trade flip but my parents’ have 17 stores within 12 miles of their place o_O

Zen Aku

Guys, my Best Buy only has one PVZ2 and no Spider-Man I can find. I need one more game here. Any advice?
Need for Speed and Need for Speed Rivals. Check to make sure it's the PS4 version. I think the Xbox One version pull in less now. Also Lego Avengers for Xbox 360.

Can't be mad at PowerUp Rewards members abusing this, because the 10% used discount and 10% extra trade-in is straight up broken here.

Money truly is tight for many folks, so the trade credit at least helps them afford brand new games down the line.

This isn't blatant eBay scalping, so I can live with it.

Khezu

Sold some games I don' t play.

Got a nice overpriced Switch pro controller.

Happy with this decision.

Don't really have much left to trade in though, everything else I own is things I really like or digital.

Have 30 dollars left on a card, not sure what to do with it, maybe buy a switch travel case or something.

netguy503

How long does this last for?

I have this in my cart:

Need for Speed Rivals ( PS4 and Xbox One)
Need For Speed (PS4 and Xbox One)
Amazing Spiderman 2 (PS4 and Xbox One)

Do I only need to trade in 6 games to get the bump? Can I trade in both a XB1 and PS4 same game without being flagged? Thanks.

Also can I do this promo twice with another six games?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
$1100 with $550 spent. Walmart said they only had NFS Rivals for PS4 in stock at the store I went to (online) so i went anyways and walked out with four copies of ($19 each) GW2, two ($19 each) NFS, Two ($19 each) nfs rivals and four ($15 each) amazing spidermans. Other trades I did yesterday but not as good as whar was accomplished today. Also bought 3 preowned games from Adam's list using credit and flipped them for double.

Sh0k

Ok I said I was done with all the trades, but found 6 3DS/Wii U from the list a couple of pages back all in one Gamestop and I added $120. more to my existing credit, now up to $502. This offer is to good to be true, wrong timing from Gamestop to do a B2G1 Free and 70% trade in at the same time.

J_Viper

Me reading thread without a car

maxresdefault-2_72et.jpg

So I was originally crushed because very few Best Buys in the Twin Cities had Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 or Amazing Spiderman 2, they even cancelled my in-store pickup orders. But since I was able to scrape together 6 games I could start the B2G1 trade loop. $30 out of pocket, $380 on my GS gift card. This is stupid easy, and I can fully understand how people are getting up so high. I'll make one more circuit tomorrow.

I'm at 516.88 and I'm now done for real. When I traded the last batch in the employee was cracking up as she saw the total jumping up so much with each game.

Also got a free persona 5 steel book

Bii

Ok I said I was done with all the trades, but found 6 3DS/Wii U from the list a couple of pages back all in one Gamestop and I added $120. more to my existing credit, now up to $502. This offer is to good to be true, wrong timing from Gamestop to do a B2G1 Free and 70% trade in at the same time.

Went into Gamestop today just so I can purchase some Switch games I traded in yesterday and it had all the good pre-owned 3DS games in stock (Pokemon Sun/Moon, Fire Emblem: Birthright/Echoes, Kirby Planet Robobot, Zelda: Majora's Mask/Link Between Worlds, Mario Party: Star Rush...). This train keeps going.

Nelo Ice

Banned
GS4 done and next time I'll try and get 12 games since I have the room to do it haha. Been getting 6 games per and almost every time for the big WiiU or switch game.
And first 2 times I traded the employees were in total shock at the $270+ trade in haha.

Took advantage of this and the B2G1 on pre-owned stuff. Traded in: Pokémon Moon + SMT4A + ARMS + DmC: DE = ~$130 credit. Used it to buy P5 (happened to have a steelbook cover), TLG, and Tales of Berseria as well as a Joy-Con charging dock. Still have $15 left in credit. Feels good man.

I got a couple copies of Garden Warfare 2 now but can't go to Gamestop till tomorrow. I actually got them for $15 each. They were scanned for $20. Turns out the games were in the wrong spot but the employee adjusted the price anyway LOL

What are the chances of a drop in value?

If anyone lives by a Meijer here are a few games to flip

Pokemon Moon and Super Mario Maker are $25 each with a $5 off coupon. One coupon per transaction. Each are $27 for pro members before bonus.

Mario Party 8 is $13 used. You get $22 before bonus if you have pro.

WRC is $18 I think as well.

Kaizer

Banned
Well, I'm quite satisfied with my first-ever flip. Managed to turn my initial $344 trade-in into $460 after going to GameStop 2. Feeling pretty good that I'm ready to buy a Switch whenever it's available now!

Beartruck

Thanks for thread guys. Didn't abuse this like crazy, but I did turn $69 worth of games into $160 credit. Might do it again this week if I get the chance.

Shady859

$1100 with $550 spent. Walmart said they only had NFS Rivals for PS4 in stock at the store I went to (online) so i went anyways and walked out with four copies of ($19 each) GW2, two ($19 each) NFS, Two ($19 each) nfs rivals and four ($15 each) amazing spidermans. Other trades I did yesterday but not as good as whar was accomplished today. Also bought 3 preowned games from Adam's list using credit and flipped them for double.

LOVE YOU!!!

I'm crazy late to the party here and all my Best Buys are dried up but not having GCU Walmarts is cheaper and in stock AND next door to Gamestop.

Persona7

Banned
Suspicion arising...lol. I feel bad because the employee was like "you are cool, I don't think you are doing anything suspicious" when she saw my last trade.

One manager knew what was up and seriously just offered to take the six games Inhad just bought from him back as a trade in. Saved me a trip, surprised me. Initial investment at walmart $100, final giftcard total $1100.

Will buy PS4s tomorrow and sell them at a minor discount on craigslist to cash out.

JaCy

Wow, this is such a great deal, I got $40 for two games I got for $5 a piece from them a few weeks ago. Altogether I got $180.

HCgamer

One final trade in before the weekend is over trade values significantly drop during week I picked up xbox one copies of amazing spiderman 2, middleearth mordor goty, payday 2 the big score my trade credit is around $580 I am done.

Shady859

One manager knew what was up and seriously just offered to take the six games Inhad just bought from him back as a trade in. Saved me a trip, surprised me. Initial investment at walmart $100, final giftcard total $1100.

Will buy PS4s tomorrow and sell them at a minor discount on craigslist to cash out.

GS back to GS flips or just padding for other stacks of 6? Sorry late to the party, lots to read.

EDIT: NM i see what's going down. :D

Palabrah

Toys r us has 15%off with a July 4th promo code. I bought 4 copies of GW2 and traded some of my stuff. Flipped 72$ into almost 500$. Got a ps4 horizon and nioh all at once and still have 80 left over for persona 5

Thanks guys.

//ARCANUM

Is it bad to buy the same games from different stores/trade the same games to different stores? Are they checking your record? Like "hmmm I see 2x Pokémon moon trades from earlier"?

Gaspard

Is it bad to buy the same games from different stores/trade the same games to different stores? Are they checking your record? Like "hmmm I see 2x Pokémon moon trades from earlier"?

I went to 3 different Gamestops today trading in games I got from the previous one lol.

I don't think the workers care enough to actually check your history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom