• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are like five GameStops within 20 minutes of my house, lol.

OH GOD why are these Pokemon games giving me so much pain?! Just get rid of them!

BroBot

Just got in on this today. Traded my Vita for $100 and began from there.... 2 and a half hours later, $460 store credit... And I'm just getting started... Bwuahaha.

malfcn

There are like five GameStops within 20 minutes of my house, lol.

OH GOD why are these Pokemon games giving me so much pain?! Just get rid of them!

EsdGkRQ.png

w00t.

I don't know why different searches give different distances.

Zen Aku

$1405 final. I think I'm done. All this driving around does take a toll. I have more than enough for a Switch, accessories and still have enough gaming money for years.

Jigorath

Banned
Just traded in some games I haven't touched in forever. Ended up with a cool $200 in credit. Got like 6 PS4 games thanks to the B2G1 deal. Still got credit left over lol.

Can't relate to you guys with like 5 GS's in your nearby area, I've got at least 15 within a 25 minute drive of each other. Houston>>>>

Killing it so far.

Nameless

Went to Walmart and grabbed 5 copies of PvZGW2 for $100 to get me started. Currently up to $500 after 3 GameStop's. Gonna call it quits for today, might flip some DS stuff tomorrow or Tuesday. Still, this is enough for Switch, Zelda, Pro controller, and a couple PSN cards. Not bad.

Mesonak

Best games to flip besides plants vs zombies? Can I trade two exact games at the same time?

Conflicting reports on whether you can trade in two games at once. If they're for different consoles, you're fine, but people have advised against trading in multiple copies of the same game for the same system at once.

At my store, however, I was told that it's perfectly acceptable so long as you show a receipt for the games purchased to prove they weren't stolen. I had no issues with that, and my employee said that I could trade in as many as I wanted. My advice? Call ahead and ask. Can't hurt to check to avoid losing out on money.

(for the record, I brought two copies of PVZ for Xbox and two for PS4 to one transaction)

Sh0k

I have a Gamestop by my house that has 6 of the 3DS and Wii U games in that list, I can flip them for an extra $116. Hmm, decisions, decisions. That right there plus the credit I have right now will pay for an Xbox ONE X in full.

Went to Walmart and grabbed 5 copies of PvZGW2 for $100 to get me started. Currently up to $500 after 3 GameStop's. Gonna call it quits for today, might flip some DS stuff tomorrow or Tuesday. Still, this is enough for Switch, Zelda, Pro controller, and a couple PSN cards. Not bad.
You going to get banned. 4 games of the same title/platform per 30 rolling days. Also, this bump, is going to end tomorrow most likely (end of business day Monday).

Persona7

Banned
There should not be an issue with a family member using your PUR account of balance in the card. They won't let someone else adjust preorders unless you have them note that in your account.

Netprints

So I did the best buy thing yesterday. After reading whatever one else was doing I deiced to test my luck. Went to a gamestop bought 6 games (4 switch games) went to another and traded them in. I now have $354 in store credits. I am now thinking I should buy a switch...but no one has one so now I will have to wait with my money.

I also ran into a guy from cheap ass gamer in the first store. He was doing the same thing.

Zen Aku

So I did the best buy thing yesterday. After reading whatever one else was doing I deiced to test my luck. Went to a gamestop bought 6 games (4 switch games) went to another and traded them in. I now have $354 in store credits. I am now thinking I should buy a switch...but no one has one so now I will have to wait with my money.

I also ran into a guy from cheap ass gamer in the first store. He was doing the same thing.
Like does he just glow in Cheap Ass Gamer aura? Is that how you knew?

Kaizer

Banned
Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order.
Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

THANK YOU for this list. I completed my initial trade-in at GameStop this morning with my games plus some the Best Buy deals & made $344. Definitely going back to the store later today to buy some of these and drive to the GameStop that's 20 minutes away from the first one lol

Ramsiege

Literally just went into one gamestop, bought six 3DS games, took them to another store and made $120 profit. I should have bought more games at the first gamestop.

Between my trades on Friday of my personal stuff and today I've made $365.44, enough for a Switch and a game. I'm not greedy, that's all I wanted.

But it's not bad for less than two hours of trading.

Kaizer

Banned

If you have other GameStops in your area, try doing some flipping. I also got my credit ($344) with intent of getting a Switch but there were none in stock. Might as well flip some more games to get as much credit as you can when they eventually do come in stock.

//ARCANUM

I just have this fear that I'm gonna buy a bunch of used games or games from Best Buy, then walk into gamestop right as corporate sends out a message to shut it down and I'm stuck with the games.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
It's hilarious, if you're going Saturday/Sunday/Monday you are literally buying the pre-owned flips that someone else brought in and you are shuffling the games back and forth from store to store, thus ensuring you always have those pre-owned flippers in stock.

It's hilarious, if you're going Saturday/Sunday/Monday you are literally buying the pre-owned flips that someone else brought in and you are shuffling the games back and forth from store to store, thus ensuring you always have those pre-owned flippers in stock.
If this was coordinated amongst people in a city/area it would be insane.

I just have this fear that I'm gonna buy a bunch of used games or games from Best Buy, then walk into gamestop right as corporate sends out a message to shut it down and I'm stuck with the games.

Just hustle to get that initial credit so you can start flipping GameStop games. At that point it is risk free because you can always just return the used games.

Dominator

I just bounced from a few stores trading and buying 3DS games, I still can't believe this. The memo that's gonna go out tomorrow is gonna be amazing.

BTM

The circle of life.

So basically all we need to do is buy some of those games from best buy and then use the credit we get from those to keep doing the B2G1 stuff?

//ARCANUM

Just hustle to get that initial credit so you can start flipping GameStop games. At that point it is risk free because you can always just return the used games.

I screwed up cause yesterday I just traded 6 of my own games for credit and spent most of it on other stuff, didn't realize about the flipping. *facepalm*

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
If this was coordinated amongst people in a city/area it would be insane.

Today, I am literally buying the flips that I brought them yesterday. So you can do it yourself. Of course, I am assuming they are the same games that I brought in yesterday... they didn't have them yesterday, I brought them in, and now they have them. Seems like it!

Mr. Patch

Got $268 from 13 games (with pro membership). A bunch of stuff like Splatoon, Bloodborne, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Doom went for a little over $20. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration and Yoshi's Woolly World went for $34.

Bought Crash and I'm gonna hope I can snag a Switch bundle on payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom