• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should've flipped a few more times instead of cashing out at $300

/salt

Edit: For real though, I wonder if they're actually restocking the games at this point. Would be funny if the same Nintendo games just kept moving from store to store

Bummer, I put a hold in for arms and it said it was ready. I went to pick it up and grabbed persona 5 (steel book) and injustice 2. Went to the counter and the guy said there was a mistake and it was put in a shipment to go somewhere or something. Panicked and ended up grabbing lego city undercover switch used. Maybe not the best decision. But I have persona, Injustice 2 xb1, injustice 2 PS4, zelda switch, Mario kart switch and lego. About to go trade in at a 3rd store

Today, I am literally buying the flips that I brought them yesterday. So you can do it yourself. Of course, I am assuming they are the same games that I brought in yesterday... they didn't have them yesterday, I brought them in, and now they have them. Seems like it!
I did that with Zelda BotW and Mk8 and Nioh.

Traded them Friday night and bought them Saturday morning. Just need to be quick. Made $55

fireflame

I have read that there is a way for people to use this deal to get a Xbox One S for little to nothing. Sincei live in France and Micromania(owned by gamestop) never does those kind of deals i cannot say if it is true.

Velcro Fly

It runs counter to logic you can trade something in and buy it back and still come out ahead. Do this at enough GameStop locations and you are almost just duping GameStop credit. I wish I could hire someone to go out and do this for me.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hope y'all do not mind for a new page:

Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

Here are the best 3DS flippers:

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Look for these, they're ranked in order.
Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

Traded in my old games (mostly Pokemon DS) and got 234 after buying the Pro membership (70% applied).

Now at GS2 to sell six games I bought at GS1.

Permanently A

It runs counter to logic you can trade something in and buy it back and still come out ahead. Do this at enough GameStop locations and you are almost just duping GameStop credit. I wish I could hire someone to go out and do this for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/6kucf0/b2g1_with_the_trade_promo_issue/

So we had a kid come into my store today, and traded in roughly $500 worth of switch games. Cool, no problem. The dude then decided that he wanted to buy all the games he just sold me back for a cheaper amount. (B2G1) Immediate red flags, so I call my district manager and they okayed the sale. So the kid literally walked out with $200 for absolutely no reason. Initially I told him no, I'm just flabbergasted that my DM would OK the sale. Has anyone else talked to their leader about this? This is a huge issue that needs addressed immediately.

If come Monday they haven't changed anything, then they're okay with it. Obviously don't just buy it right back from them, its way more likely to cause issues.

Flandy

I saw someone here earlier saying that you can go from Trade Credit -> Gamestop Gift Card -> Amazon gift card. Is this legit? I know you can't do Trade Credit -> Amazon

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I saw someone here earlier saying that you can go from Trade Credit -> Gamestop Gift Card -> Amazon gift card. Is this legit? I know you can't do Trade Credit -> Amazon

I am wondering the same thing. I was going to attempt this today, I'll post back and see how it goes.

Reposting for the new page. Here are the best GameStop In-Store Flips. Buy at least 6 of them pre-owned, all these fetch a better trade-in than what you can buy pre-owned from GameStop itself.

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Remember: you need to have SIX games to get the highest 70% trade in value. You can look for six of these games listed, or just use some of your own to get that 6.

Note that on a % basis, 3DS games are the best flips and they're the easiest because most stores have a zillion copies of Pokémon, Mario, Fire Emblem, etc.

I guess I'm done mostly just because I only have 3 Gamestops in my area. I would have liked to do a couple more Plants vs Zombies 2s, but 2 was good enough for me for now.

Simply trading the 2 copies of that plus doing the B2G1 one time and turning around and flipping those at another store was like $135 in extra credit over what came out of pocket/trade credit.

I ended up with enough to pay off what I spent in cash (which was $105), plus a $50 PSN card, plus enough credit to buy 9 or so full priced new games.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Note that on a % basis, 3DS games are the best flips and they're the easiest because most stores have a zillion copies of Pokémon, Mario, Fire Emblem, etc.

Yes. I need to reorder this image to post Switch > WiiU > 3DS in that order, you should always look for those Switch and WiiU games first, but that's pretty rare and slim picking you're going to find that.

Finding 3DS games on that list is relatively easy though. I found 9 of those 3DS games at a single store, I went online and asked them to Hold @ Store and now I'm on my way to pick them up. Easy peasy. May even do it again tomorrow.

Nameless

KUKthCJ.png

LY4H8B8.png

Best WiiU

OOKngro.png

Best Switch

OcCNGtR.png

Thanks for this. It was pretty easy to flip PS4/XB1 games but I'm out of the loop on the DS stuff. There are three GameStop's in an 8 mile radius, I'll make a second run tomorrow and lookout for these. Hopefully I can hit $700, but I wouldn't be shocked if they've shut this shit down by the time I get off. Already way ahead and playing with house money so whatever.

Zen Aku

Hey if you guys dont know. Some states doesnt charge tax on purchases if you use store credit. So lets say you have that sweet $300 in GameStop credits and thinking about trading it out for Visa to buy a Switch from Amazon.

It would be better to find and buy it at GameStop since you wouldn't have to pay the tax. I know Florida is one of those states. Just something to keep in mind.

solaaire

Neo Member
About to head out to GameStop, looks like PVZ and Spiderman both went down 10% in value over night. Fortunately it is still a great value!

Quick question: can you use Xbox gift cards to purchase hardware directly from Microsoft online storefront? My plan is to grab $300 worth of Xbox gift cards and snag the Xbone S bundle from Microsoft for $250.

Fracas

#fuckonami
OK I did my first gamestop-to-gamestop flip

I'm calling it at four hundo worth of credit for $130 out of pocket

We eatin boys

asdad123

I'm done. Thanks again Gamestop.

Final Totals over the two days:

Spent: $520 Cash.

Received: $1780 Gamestop credit.

Which I used to purchase 3 Iphone 7's, and 3 iPhone 6s Plus's and a $50 Nintendo Card. Still have $90 credit left over. Should be able to get about $2300 from the iPhones on Craigslist.

All going towards my wedding lol.

FTF

Which I used to purchase 3 Iphone 7's, and 3 iPhone 6s Plus's and a $50 Nintendo Card. Still have $90 credit left over. Should be able to get about $2300 from the iPhones on Craigslist.

...uhh, perhaps I need to read through this thread more carefully lol

Masterpiece. Hadn't thought about the iPhone hussle

Fracas

#fuckonami
...uhh, perhaps I need to read through this thread more carefully lol

Basically, the more you flip B2G1 games, the farther your money goes. After the initial investment of PVZ/Spiderman/etc, you don't put in any more actual cash and instead use trade credit to buy the B2G1 games.

You can theoretically make infinite credit if you feel like putting in the time and effort.

Zen Aku

So if Pokémon Sun is $35 for preowned. How much is it selling for back?

$25 for base value. includes 70% if you're a pro. then that will bump it up to $42.50

I wonder if anyone went past the $2000 mark yet and still going. Wonder whats the highest right now.

//ARCANUM

Titanfall is listed as N/A. Does that mean they won't accept it no matter what? Or can it count as my 6th game even if it has no value?

Turned a $60 purchase and some games I dont play anymore into $618 trade. Maybe do another round of DS games tommorrow, dont know yet.

McCHitman

Banned
As someone who has had to work long hours all week and weekend, i'm extremely jealous of all of you who have participated in this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom