• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure they need the driver's license only in case you traded in illegal copies.

They will only ever ask for your drivers license if you do a: phone trade, cash trade, large trade with suspicious items (games that look brand new, consoles that look brand new, etc).

Edit:

I'd say with how their tracking works, buy games as much as you want from multiple GS's with no card, or one card, and then do the trading with another, or with your card if you dont wanna go in on two.

Sh0k

They will only ever ask for your drivers license if you do a: phone trade, cash trade, large trade with suspicious items (games that look brand new, consoles that look brand new, etc).

Over here they always ask you for your Drivers License regardless of what you are trading, if you trade one game, the will ask you for your DL.

reKon

Banned
Pro accounts were always tied primarily to phone number. I'd just tell them you dont remember if you have a card and give them a new phonenumber. They will most likely just make you a new internal account with that number.

I remember guys who would have like 6 different names in the system because they kept using different numbers.

Again, systems change all the time and they may be more vigilant about checking last names vs numbers.

If youre just buying, you dont need to give them anything.

I want to pick up some more Nintendo games and then go to another GameStop to flip. I also have additinal Wii and PS3 games I want to get rid of.

I don't care if I only get 60% boost if I won't be tracked and banned. I just want to confirm that when going to another GameStop, there won't be a way for them to look up my account lol

So I've been jumping around this thread trying to figure out if there was an overview post or guide, I'd love to use this to take a chunk out of a Pro Controller or two. How exactly does this work now?

Buy a handful of games at Best Buy (3? 6? I saw a chart with specific games listed, I assume those are for max trade-in value VS cost of the games?)

Trade into GameStop during 60-70% promo

Profit?

I'd love to get a PS4VR but honestly if I can get a Pro Controller or two for the lowest amount spent on games to trade in, I'd be set.

Pro accounts were always tied primarily to phone number. I'd just tell them you dont remember if you have a card and give them a new phonenumber. They will most likely just make you a new internal account with that number.

I remember guys who would have like 6 different names in the system because they kept using different numbers.

Again, systems change all the time and they may be more vigilant about checking last names vs numbers.

If youre just buying, you dont need to give them anything.

If you don't tell them about your pro acccount, there is no way to get the 10% bonus for trade in and discount on buying used, right??

That's weird at all the game stops I've gone to they have asked for id even my initial trade in with some cheapo games. Maybe it varies from state to state, I'm in California here

aett

That's weird at all the game stops I've gone to they have asked for id even my initial trade in with some cheapo games. Maybe it varies from state to state, I'm in California here

The closest Gamestop to my house (but none of the stores near my office, in a neighboring town) requires you to fill out a special form reserved for pawn shops when you do a trade-in. I'm in California too.

Glix

I have hundreds of dollars of credit burning a hole in my pocket! Went back for a third bunch, just cleaning out all my old DS and 3DS stuff plus some ps4 stuff. I've done almost $800!

Anyway, ordered Doom, Robinson the Journey, and KH 2.8 Limited Edition off their website for 20,20 and 35 respectively.

Yay!

E92 M3

Lmao I'm at GS rn and the cashier is flipping out about this. Guess I'm only buying three games here so she doesn't catch on.

LOL. What was she saying and who was she flipping out on? Also, I don't understand why these cashiers care so much. They get paid 8 bucks an hour (I think).

So I've been jumping around this thread trying to figure out if there was an overview post or guide, I'd love to use this to take a chunk out of a Pro Controller or two. How exactly does this work now?

Buy a handful of games at Best Buy (3? 6? I saw a chart with specific games listed, I assume those are for max trade-in value VS cost of the games?)

Trade into GameStop during 60-70% promo

Profit?

I'd love to get a PS4VR but honestly if I can get a Pro Controller or two for the lowest amount spent on games to trade in, I'd be set.

Do you have a pro membership or any credit at GS now?

I'm not sure how this works. I thought the profit was minimal until I saw that guy posted about flipping $300-$800.00. I'd love to do this and use that money on a new iPhone.

Nelo Ice

Banned
O god flips are active and there's new games to flip?. Y'all tempting me to jump back in just so I can hit 1k lol. Also as for the id thing in CA i've been asked for my ID for every trade pro card or not along with scanning my thumb.

ChrisD

Not actually flip related, but maybe folks here will know since everyone's got points:

Can I use a PUR coupon alongside the B2G1?

Actually want to buy Nioh, NieR, and Overwatch, and there's a store with all of them. But I have enough points to knock $25 off of pre-owned. Would I actually accomplish any savings here, or would it just knock $25 off a game I was getting free already? (Or will the coupon even be able to be used, what with B2G1 being a promotion).

If I can't, I may just eat my $20~ or so in losses and wait 'til Pre-owned prices go back down, then apply the coupon to one of the games and just buy them normally. Don't need all three at once anyways, so I could better control things that way with one at a time. If I can make out with a better deal rn though...

Side note, our trade credit finally got taxes here in Texas, and it suuuuuucks. I've been using credit tax-free for six years, man.

purg3

slept with Malkin
LOL. What was she saying and who was she flipping out on? Also, I don't understand why these cashiers care so much. They get paid 8 bucks an hour (I think).

Exactly, taking advantage of a promotion is not illegal. In reality it's actually boosting their stores trade/preowned sales numbers. I don't get what there is to "flip out" about lol.

She was talking to one of her regulars it looked like, and she was just ranting. The woman was nice, but man lmao. Oh well, there's like ten gamestops in a twenty mile radius from me.

Zen Aku

Exactly, taking advantage of a promotion is not illegal. In reality it's actually boosting their stores trade/preowned sales numbers. I don't get what there is to "flip out" about lol.
Maybe shes not flipping out. Maybe she's going to join us in the flipping.

Kusagari

I think I'm going to go out for more today, but start up a new account for the trading portion with my girlfriends phone number.

There's too many junior detectives in my area.

I don't have a Pro membership but I'm fairly sure I do have at least the basic membership. As for credit I have no idea but I don't think so.

I don't know if it matters but I probably have a game or two from home I'd be willing to part with too. I got The Division a while ago for like $10 but I honestly don't think I'll ever play it, but its TiV is only like $1.50 or something so I'm not sure it's worth it?

I also got Blue Dragon for 360 used when it went BC, but then forgot and bought it digital so if I can figure out where I put it I could part with that too, since it seems to be the more you trade in the higher the TiV bonus goes?

Sorry if this is all stupid I am just really profoundly bad at things like this.

Purest 78

There's cause and affect for everything Gamestop is losing a lot of Money. They're gonna make that money up I hope lots of people don't lose their jobs. Also I don't think we'll see a deal like this again, for people who the deal actually helped get some extra funds.

Flipping out probably means she cuodmt believe how much value you were getting for the trade instead. I had one guy do the same thing. He was genuinely happy for me 😄

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So, I don't have a Pro Membership or any affiliation with GS as I stopped using them more than 10 years ago. However, I might go out today to see if I can get some profits and I do actually have some games to trade in.

So why is Best Buy involved? I thought that the primary profit-bearing method was to do a B2G1 Free at Gamestop on some used games and then trade them in?

Basically, Buy 2 games used, get one free, trade them all in at another gamestop with the 70%?

If I buy 9 games at once, do I get 3 free? Is there a limit to how many games can be bought/traded in at the same time?

How much is the pro membership? And can it be canceled once I'm done?

Thanks for your help

There's cause and affect for everything Gamestop is losing a lot of Money. They're gonna make that money up I hope lots of people don't lose their jobs. Also I don't think we'll see a deal like this again, for people who the deal actually helped get some extra funds.
Gamestop is still getting something out of us: foot traffic.

Malo

Banned
I have $420 on my PUR card and I plan on flipping more games today. I assume I should move all the credit on my PUR card to a trade in/gamestop gift card and continue to do so every time I make a flip?

E92 M3

Indeed. Some of these employees have Gamestop sycophants for no reason.

She was talking to one of her regulars it looked like, and she was just ranting. The woman was nice, but man lmao. Oh well, there's like ten gamestops in a twenty mile radius from me.

Might be jealously lol.

I don't have a Pro membership but I'm fairly sure I do have at least the basic membership. As for credit I have no idea but I don't think so.

I don't know if it matters but I probably have a game or two from home I'd be willing to part with too. I got The Division a while ago for like $10 but I honestly don't think I'll ever play it, but its TiV is only like $1.50 or something so I'm not sure it's worth it?

If you don't have 6 - or more - high value games to bring in to get started, then it's best you got to Walmart or Best Buy to get started with the standard games everyone is buying. Also, get PRO if you're diving in.

Darktalon

Best buy is having a sale on some games right now that have $10-20 profit when flipped. Especially with GCU 20% discount. So people are buying the games new and taking them to gamestop trading them in as used. Take off the wrappers first. You make money off that.

I have $420 on my PUR card and I plan on flipping more games today. I assume I should move all the credit on my PUR card to a trade in/gamestop gift card and continue to do so every time I make a flip?

I think the PUR card has a max limit of $1,000 anyway, so you may eventually need to do that depending on how much you want to do.

Can anyone confirm if the prices listed on Gamestop's trade-in value page are accurate, and am I to assume that those prices listed don't include the 60/70% bonus?

They are accurate insofar as you get to trade them in. Some managers have begun refusing to take them. Which they CAN do according to the trade in offer page's fine print on the website. To save you the trouble of looking up each game:

Updated list dump! Havent gotten to searching purchase price used for all games. I based these prices off their pre owned price on gamestop.com minus 10% for pro members. Figure most people just want a list best - to - worst profit making potential. This is what I will be working with today if this still works. If I am reinventing the wheel here I'll stop. This is just what works for me format wise. Also the prices may be off by a few cents because I rounded up or down, but they should be within $0.50 or less easily. Let me know if any are WAY off

Title
Price Used
Trade In value base
Trade in with 70%

Zelda BTOW Switch or Wii U

Disgea 5 Switch

Mario Kart 8 Delux Switch

1-2 Switch

Plants vs Zombies GW 2 (ps4/xb1)

Pokemon Sun 3ds

Pokemon Moon 3ds

Zelda Majoras Mask 3ds

Zelda Link Btween Worlds 3ds

Fire Emblem Echo 3ds

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii/3ds

Dragon Quest VIII 3ds

Mario Sports Superstars 3ds

Kirby Planet Robobot 3ds

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright 3ds

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam 3ds

Mario Party Star Rush 3ds

Poochy and Yoshi Woolly 3ds

Amazing Spiderman 2 (PS4/XB1)
??

Zelda Skyward Sword Wii
36???

Halo MCC
??

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4 only)

Need for Speed

Payday 2 (PS4/XB1 regular ver)

Shadow of Mordor GOTY (ps4/xb1)
??

Animal Crossing New Leaf

New Super Mario Bros 2
36 YIKES!

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds

This was accurate as of 4am Central time.

J_Viper

Best buy is having a sale on some games right now that have $10-20 profit when flipped. Especially with GCU 20% discount. So people are buying the games new and taking them to gamestop trading them in as used. Take off the wrappers first. You make money off that.

Which are the good ones aside from Puyo and Isaac?

Also, this is all for credit that can only be used at Gamestop (and I guess Amazon, but that's a deal still with GS).
Yup. That means guaranteed foot traffic from us. Multiple times in the future. And the people who do this are usually gamers too so that's even more time to entice us to buying other stuff. I think that Facebook post yesterday from GS alluding to this confirms my view.

If they see it as abuse, they would have shut this down by now.

maxcriden

You can't use trade credit on Amazon, Ebay or generic Visa cards.

Probably the easiest way to convert to base money is use store credit to buy used iPads and then flip them for profit.

I thought you could use trade credit to buy a GameStop giftcard then use the GC to buy an Amazon etc. card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom