• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
I guess my only concern is then linking my ID with my account. So if I give them a different phone number, they would flag that if another one was linked to my state ID (which was checked yesterday before trading AND getting a pro membership

malfcn

I was lazy yesterday and have no time today. When I did some math it looked like I could have turned $100 into almost $380 with 50 miles of driving.

Good luck to another day of feasting.

E92 M3

I was lazy yesterday and have no time today. When I did some math it looked like I could have turned $100 into almost $380 with 50 miles of driving.

Eh, too much driving for such a small profit. If I didn't have so many GS near me, I wouldn't have done it.

There's cause and affect for everything Gamestop is losing a lot of Money. They're gonna make that money up I hope lots of people don't lose their jobs. Also I don't think we'll see a deal like this again, for people who the deal actually helped get some extra funds.

I'll probably shop there regularly for the first time in years. This is too good of a deal and I appreciate stuff like this. My thinking is perhaps something like this helps their books for reporting to shareholders and tax time. I'm not sure how, but if getting hustled by the general public was that big of a problem to them then it would have stopped already. Their fine print on everything basically says they can end any deal at any time. GameStop will be fine.

TheKevn

My GS employee knew what I was up to said I could do it all at his store and called another store and said his "circle of life would look great so idc GameStop wants people to do it". Fantastic.

Also, this is all for credit that can only be used at Gamestop (and I guess Amazon, but that's a deal still with GS).

If people are able to go from holding a few games to walking out with multiple hardware items with just a bit of legwork there is no way in hell they are up on this deal. It's a fuck up. The irony is that all the pressure they put on employees to encourage trades is just exacerbating the problem. Employees get to smash their targets and screw the company at the same time.

If you don't have 6 - or more - high value games to bring in to get started, then it's best you got to Walmart or Best Buy to get started with the standard games everyone is buying. Also, get PRO if you're diving in.

So how are people saying they spent $50 and turned it into some outrageous number - I assume using games they already had in addition to picking up some new ones?

Thanks for the help btw!

Kusagari

Also, this is all for credit that can only be used at Gamestop (and I guess Amazon, but that's a deal still with GS).

While you can't use the trade credit for Amazon you can use it for other gift cards like airlines, food and gas.

You can find ways to use GameStop credit for more than games without resorting to flipping iPads.

Purest 78

Gamestop is still getting something out of us: foot traffic.

Games are being circulated from store to store They're gonna end up with a Massive surplus and lose of money. The executives certainly won't be impacted, it's gonna be the 9 to 5 worker who gets hurt by this.

I hate to be that guy but people will suffer from this.

Darknight

Guys what are the new best flips? keep hearing that!

Now after I get more credit, where do they keep the iphone stuff? Thinking of buying 3 to get one free and reselling for cash.

PS: I know this is not a secret but I would not be spreading this everywhere like that dude making a separate thread for this deal. Like dude really? Just keep all talk here.

Just got told I have exceeded my trade limit. I am only at $1100 even after the trade in bonudes. So something is up. Im sure the total dollar vallue of my trades is probably over $2k because I used200 of every 300 trade in to re buy games. Guessing the folks thst got $1500 to $2000 had more games laying around than I did.

Darktalon

Which are the good ones aside from Puyo and Isaac?
Amazing Spiderman 2, shadow of mordor goty, just dance 2017 switch, plants vs zombies 2 (I think ps4 only for that one, check gamestop trade in value),and need for speed rivals. I couldn't find need for speed or plants vs zombies at my best buy. I bought one copy of each system, that's including the 2 switch games you mentioned. so I have 7 titles total.

E92 M3

So how are people saying they spent $50 and turned it into some outrageous number - I assume using games they already had in addition to picking up some new ones?

Thanks for the help btw!

Trade in those games and get the initial 150-200 dollars. After that do the B2G1 and trade to another store. And you will slowly build your credit like that.

cordy

Banned
I don't have much money to use for this right now (around $140), all I have are a few games to trade in at the house (Gears 4, Halo 5, Naruto Storm 3) and then some other potential games (Nier Automata). I wonder how much money I can flip this into given I've got some money stuff going on right now that needs to be handled. I'm glad I've checked this thread.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I wouldn't have done that.
Luckily even with recent closings, GS is plentiful around here.
3 of them were within 1 mile or 2 of each other.

Games are being circulated from store to store They're gonna end up with a Massive surplus and lose of money. The executives certainly won't be impacted, it's gonna be the 9 to 5 worker who gets hurt by this.

No they dont dude, and I doubt it bothers you being 'that guy'. A store mansger literally sold me games and immediately bought them back. No grunts are losing their job.

Purest 78

I'll probably shop there regularly for the first time in years. This is too good of a deal and I appreciate stuff like this. My thinking is perhaps something like this helps their books for reporting to shareholders and tax time. I'm not sure how, but if getting hustled by the general public was that big of a problem to them then it would have stopped already. Their fine print on everything basically says they can end any deal at any time. GameStop will be fine.

The deal if used as intended is a great deal. People walking out with $2,000 after spending $100 is a scam. Also of course Gamestop Will be fine, some people's jobs I'm not so sure about.

Kusagari

This is hardly the first time GameStop has been taken advantage like this. Flipping has gone on like this for years when good trade in deals are happening.

E92 M3

The deal if used as intended is a great deal. People walking out with $2,000 after spending $100 is a scam. Also of course Gamestop Will be fine, some people's jobs I'm not so sure about.

Playing within the rules is a scam now?

b7d.png

Quonny

No they dont dude, and I doubt it bothers you being 'that guy'. A store mansger literally sold me games and immediately bought them back. No grunts are losing their job.

Yeah, because it makes his/her store numbers look good. Managers care about their trade-ins, preorders, etc. Straight up profit is not something that a manager cares about in the short term.

I don't get where people are saying that this is good for GameStop. It's not. It might not be harmful enough to cause any real, tangible issues, but come on. No amount of broken, skewed, useless data is enough to counter the millions in straight assets they're losing from this promotion. Not just losing profits, but straight up digging into their cash.

This isn't to make people feel bad, or to tell people to stop. By all means, do it. GameStop clearly doesn't care, why should you?

cordy

Banned
Wait, people are walking out with $2000 after only spending $100? Yo, somebody give me some details on how to do THIS lmao. That ain't a scam, that's that shit Gary Vee's always talking about lol.

This has been going on for years, 50/60% trade in though, never 70%, trade bumps at the end of the month.
If you frequent cheap ass gamer you'd see, lol at the posts talking about a scam

Take the L , it's not new

The only thing they'll change is adding a pre order next time , it happened with destiny 2/WW2, you pre order both to get 60% bonus

nomemorial

Neo Member
Long time lurker, minimal poster, but this whole deal has been great for me. Turned a few old games + $140 at BB into $630 so far with just casual time spent, no more than 2-3 hours. Gonna try and get a few more stops in today (I've noticed profit is about $130-$150) for every buy/trade instance so that's overall pretty solid payout for an hour's "work."

Really appreciate the work done here and over at CAG and people taking the time to give the community some insight on the best values and such. Thanks to all of you, I'll hopefully have a Switch, some new games, all the accessories I'll need, and likely some credit to sit on when all is said and done.

Also, my employee experiences have been solid all around. The guy at the last store was literally trying to help me see if I could maximize my trade in any way and suggested we try the preorder promo (on Destiny 2, SW BF2, etc) to get 50% more. Lo and behold, it worked (on one game, but it was another $15 and I was already planning to pre order Destiny 2 for beta).

I'll report in with any noteworthy experiences today as it seems the deal is becoming more and more noticed by employees and other customers, but so far it's smooth sailing.

Just put in a hold request for 12 games at a single store. Hope they actually have them all. I'm at $715 right now. If they have it all in stock, this is my final flip.

Trade in those games and get the initial 150-200 dollars. After that do the B2G1 and trade to another store. And you will slowly build your credit like that.

Ah I see, ok! So it's a two factor system:

Step One
Buy initial 3-6 games, trade in for big credit

Step Two
Use credit to buy more games via B2G1, trade in for bigger credit

Honestly since all I'm after is a Pro Controller I'd probably stop after the first step. But $50 for two Pros is better than $80 for one. Hmmmm

J_Viper

Amazing Spiderman 2, shadow of mordor goty, just dance 2017 switch, plants vs zombies 2 (I think ps4 only for that one, check gamestop trade in value),and need for speed rivals. I couldn't find need for speed or plants vs zombies at my best buy. I bought one copy of each system, that's including the 2 switch games you mentioned. so I have 7 titles total.
Thanks!

E92 M3

Just put in a hold request for 12 games at a single store. Hope they actually have them all. I'm at $715 right now. If they have it all in stock, this is my final flip.

The final mission is always the most dangerous.

I've had like 4 "final flips" lmao

Ah I see, ok! So it's a two factor system:

Step One
Buy initial 3-6 games, trade in for big credit

Step Two
Use credit to buy more games via B2G1, trade in for bigger credit

Honestly since all I'm after is a Pro Controller I'd probably stop after the first step. But $50 for two Pros is better than $80 for one. Hmmmm

Yeah, you need an initial source of funds -whether it's BB or GS credit. Also, don't forget to get a pro card. It pays off.

Puggles

Can you only hold one game at a time? I rather do it all in one order. Seems like it would be easier on the employees lol

Grubs

Neo Member
So I have $300 in trade credit at gamestop. Do you guys buy the games you want to flip with the credit or cash?

just waking up. skimming through the thread looks like we're still good? Except we went nuclear and people are catching on -_-

Anyways ready and eager to hit my GS
happy flippin today everyone lol
Today i just getting some free games

Comet

Had $170 of store credit on Friday. Left yesterday with $1,100. They made it so easy. Now it's time to buy some GameStop gift cards -> buy Amazon gift cards -> buy the 4K tv I've been wanting.

For those asking if the deals are still live, they are, BUT the stealth bumps in trade values have all come down significantly this morning. This is all routine, so its not GS catching on or anything, they don't care. At the end of this month they'll bump up the values again. What this means is you will still be able to flip, but if you spend $100 you might not get $200 trade in like I did yesterday, instead you'll get maybe $150

emag

I've thought about boomeranging/flipping games this whole weekend, but can't really work up the motivation to visit multiple stores to amass the necessary arsenal (either via B2G1 or Best Buy + Walmart). I'm guess I'm okay with the $350 dump of my existing games that I made on Friday.

Lame. Figured (and understandable) but lame.

Thanks!

The PUR coupon applies to the most expensive game, so it only really works if you're buying games with significantly differing prices. So you could use your $25 coupon when buying a $50 game and two $25 games, for example, to pay $50 total (effectively 3 $25 games with B2G1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom