• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMACOMPUTA

My last store of the day yesterday I decided to buy a used ps4 pro. I had like $400 credit or so from the games I was flipping.
So since it was used, it qualified for the b2g1 so I also got horizon zero Dawn which put me about 10 or 20 bucks past my trade credit.
I couldn't come up with anything for my free game so I begrudgingly told the guy I'd do Zelda botw. He's like "wait, you don't have botw?" And I'm like "yeah I do, but I guess I'll just use this to trade in some other time. Find another 5 games to trade with it."
He's like, "we can just trade it in with these other games."
Wow. Fuck yeah. Ended up walking away with a pro and horizon and $10 store credit.

Steiner

Banned
I have $35 in GameStop credit. If I use that to buy 4 of those high value Nintendo games to go trade back in at another GameStop, plus paying for the price of a Pro membership, will it even be worth it for me? I guess I'm looking at about $85 net from that one flip when it's all said and done?

cordy

Banned
How long does it take to do all of this? I've got lunch at work for an hour but if this is a surefire thing that'll work then fuck I might use some time off and leave work today. I'm seeing these crazy results and honestly if I can rack up a few hundred I'll be good. I had no idea this was working for people and honestly I'm glad that you all are getting in some money. Fuck if it works for me, I'm glad people are happy on this forum lol.

Had $170 of store credit on Friday. Left yesterday with $1,100. They made it so easy. Now it's time to buy some GameStop gift cards -> buy Amazon gift cards -> buy the 4K tv I've been wanting.

PM me once you get the Amazon gift cards. Some saying it doesn't work. Seems very YMMV.

Should I be worried about getting a PUR account at this point? It sounds like they can track your purchases with it. Just don't want to sign up and then not be able to do the flip because stores are looking for it now. I'm probably being paranoid right?

Bossniak

So what I'm getting from this is this turned from trading in your games to buying used games and trading that in for credit then buying more in demand games and going to another GameStop for larger credit??

Had $170 of store credit on Friday. Left yesterday with $1,100. They made it so easy. Now it's time to buy some GameStop gift cards -> buy Amazon gift cards -> buy the 4K tv I've been wanting.

For those asking if the deals are still live, they are, BUT the stealth bumps in trade values have all come down significantly this morning. This is all routine, so its not GS catching on or anything, they don't care. At the end of this month they'll bump up the values again. What this means is you will still be able to flip, but if you spend $100 you might not get $200 trade in like I did yesterday, instead you'll get maybe $150

They don't sell Amazon gift cards anymore

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So buying a GS gift card with the "trade-in" card should be no issue?

I should have just bought the 3 iPads Air/Air 2s that were still available online last night.

E92 M3

Should I be worried about getting a PUR account at this point? It sounds like they can track your purchases with it. Just don't want to sign up and then not be able to do the flip because stores are looking for it now. I'm probably being paranoid right?

Being a pro member is fundamental to the high-profit margins.

Voidwolf

For those using your Pro cards and raking in the extra 10%, can't Gamestop potentially catch on to you since they'll see your previous transaction? Are you buying and trading in the same games over and over? And finally, if you do get caught is it just a matter of being denied the transaction and then trying another store?

Will the stores be open tomorrow and will B2G1 still be going, or is today the last day?

For those using your Pro cards and raking in the extra 10%, can't Gamestop potentially catch on to you since they'll see your previous transaction? Are you buying and trading in the same games over and over? And finally, if you do get caught is it just a matter of being denied the transaction and then trying another store?

They don't check your previous transactions. They can, but they rarely do. I made my money yesterday essentially trading in the same 11 3DS games.

When asked why I had two copies of some games sometimes, I just lied and said I had two younger brothers who liked to have their own copies of stuff like super smash bros lol

Stuck in the worst traffic. I'm on the highway and my car has literally been in park for fifteen minutes.

lolol this post cracked me up

what is happening in this thread now

So buying a GS gift card with the "trade-in" card should be no issue?

I should have just bought the 3 iPads Air/Air 2s that were still available online last night.

You can't buy Amazon gift card fyi. it's register locked.

E92 M3

It takes a day for transactions to update. So if you do everything today, they can't see it.

Dubz

Is there a list of what games net you the most money? I have a bunch of WiiU games to sell, but not sure how much they're worth.

molnizzle

Trying to decide if this is worth the hassle. I'm assuming all the GameStops in my area have already been picked clean by gaffers. lol

sonto340

Will the stores be open tomorrow and will B2G1 still be going, or is today the last day?

They don't check your previous transactions. They can, but they rarely do. I made my money yesterday essentially trading in the same 11 3DS games.
People said yesterday would be the last day but here we are. The website says until the fourth.

cordy

Banned
Question about being a Pro Member, I never have my card on me, they're always pulling my number up in the system. Can all the GS stores do that or is it just 1?

People said yesterday would be the last day but here we are. The website says until the fourth.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that meant it expires after today or at the end of the day tomorrow. I'd happily spend half the day tomorrow and this evening flipping if I could get enough to get either some gift cards or some phones to flip for cash.

Need a 4K TV to go with this shiny new Pro.

sonto340

People were talking about the trade-in values dipping.

Once the trade in values dip, the flip is dead.
That was a concern as well, but there was some scuttlebutt about people saying that employees were saying the B2G1 was dead in store and saw people taking the signs down. Both being active together are what makes this magic.

If this was me, I'd me making sure my credit was in something else, even if that meant flipping iPads and stuff. I'd be paranoid about them pulling credit back in/not honouring giftcards.

Comet

PM me once you get the Amazon gift cards. Some saying it doesn't work. Seems very YMMV.

It works when you use a GameStop gift card for it, their system has blocked all GameStop credit from buying Amazon cards but seems to treat GameStop gift cards as cash.

In the past trade bumps have gone until close of business monday, if that pattern continues the weekend trade value bumps will DROP tomorrow so don't save any trades for then.

It works when you use a GameStop gift card for it, their system has blocked all GameStop credit from buying Amazon cards but seems to treat GameStop gift cards as cash.

This is what I would do then. credit -> GS gift card -> Amazon gift card -> bullet proof

Kusagari

Yeah, because of July 4th it's likely the drop won't hit until Wednesday.

But of course, if you can do it today then do it today.

Yes, I know what you're saying. However, some people have said they weren't able to buy Amazon cards with the trade card OR the gamestop gc.

Yeah, because of July 4th it's likely the drop won't hit until Wednesday.

But of course, if you can do it today then do it today.

Thanks. Likely go half and half once I'm off today. Still get half a day to relax tomorrow that way.

Hell, I can take about 800-1000 in credit and the cash I get from selling my current 65" Vizio and really get a nice monitor. All for $0 spent out of pocket. I might even make money. Damn.

7 of the 8 stores I visited had tons of them. So this is wrong.

if they try to scan them, it won't work. My store had a bunch too and when they tried to scan, it wouldn't work and they pulled them from the floor. Probably left overs from when they did it.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/game-cards?recfl=0

i would be surprised if you were actually able to purchase any amazon gift cards given that the company doesn't list them on their site anymore either, but who knows!

Comet

if they try to scan them, it won't work. My store had a bunch too and when they tried to scan, it wouldn't work and they pulled them from the floor. Probably left overs from when they did it.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/game-cards?recfl=0

i would be surprised if you were actually able to purchase any amazon gift cards given that the company doesn't list them on their site anymore either, but who knows!
I'll know in 30 minutes when a co-worker and I go do a few more GS runs. He has a GS gift card now so he'll try it before I move all my credit to GS gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom