• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Holy shit guys, its just going a little fast. I was able to watch it fine on my own. A bunch of babies y'all are. I thought it was hilarious.

I listen to most of my podcasts with 1.5-2x speed, but I can see how it's an issue, if English isn't your first language. I also have to concentrate more on what's being said at that speed, which is why I can't just let it run in the background, while doing something else.

But it's great that you have no issues with it.

The 1.25x speed was good for a one time thing, and I may even listen to longer podcasts at that speed from now on, but I'd like it if it was just 1x on upload.

farisr

For folks wanting to watch the Huber concert on YT, I've uploaded it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAHUrdkOJc

Also, due to twitch archiving system resulting in older GT streams being lost forever, I've decided to take on the responsibility for uploading all the stuff that GT doesn't upload to their channel, to mine for archival purposes.

Before this I had already uploaded their conference reactions (and all the E3 conferences with audio added in, which the twitch stream didn't have), but now I'm gonna pretty much put up everything.

I will also delete any videos that go up onto their YT channel officially later (sometimes it takes them a day or two), this is only meant for videos that don't make it there. I have videos starting from Nov 7 (some of which are already removed from twitch archive), the first bunch of videos went up today.

I just hope no copyright strike occurs.

luchadork

Also, due to twitch archiving system resulting in older GT streams being lost forever, I've decided to take on the responsibility for uploading all the stuff that GT doesn't upload to their channel, to mine for archival purposes.

Before this I had already uploaded their conference reactions (and all the E3 conferences with audio added in, which the twitch stream didn't have), but now I'm gonna pretty much put up everything.

I will also delete any videos that go up onto their YT channel officially later (sometimes it takes them a day or two), this is only meant for videos that don't make it there. I have videos starting from Nov 7 (some of which are already removed from twitch archive), the first bunch of videos went up today.

good work dude

Maybe you could work something out with Blood so that you can just offload them to him (or someone else) and he can upload them? I'm sure they'd upload everything if they could, it's probably just too much of a time sink a lot of the time.

DKHF

Thank you for uploading them. Their reaction streams especially are awesome. I was looking for their Dragon Quest XI announcement stream reaction the other day but it was gone (though they do have their post show discussion for it uploaded) so it will be good to have all streams archived from now on.

Doing Gods work. It still hurts that Benkles RE3 playthrough is lost in time.

Subscribed!

Thanks a lot, man.

I'm watching the video on YouTube from the YouTube app on the PS4. The other videos were fine. It's the GT Live video, not the smaller ones. The sound is just a little bit out of sync.

E: it's fine on the iPad.
E2: Super weird. It's actually the GT Live videos on PS4. I even tried to close and open the app again.

I mentioned this when Huber did his RE4 playthrough, but now its all long videos on GT Reviews YT page. Can't watch GTlive or any let's plays, all out of sync on PS4.
Sucks, PS4 is how I enjoy GT.

It feels a little scummy stealing their views, I just wish they'd upload these to their own channel.

I mentioned this when Huber did his RE4 playthrough, but now its all long videos on GT Reviews YT page. Can't watch GTlive or any let's plays, all out of sync on PS4.
Sucks, PS4 is how I enjoy GT.

So it's not an isolated issue? Wow, that's really, really weird then. That has to be a bug with the PS4 app, but so far I've only noticed it with the GT Live videos. I'll have to check again this evening, to see if the problem still persists.

It feels a little scummy stealing their views, I just wish they'd upload these to their own channel.

I don't see how he's stealing the views, when they don't upload and archive the videos themselves. As long as Bloodworth is okay with it for the moment and he doesn't monetize them, it should be fine.

The Twitch videos are deleted after a period. Every time they stream a new video on Twitch, an old video is deleted. Twitch has a very limited archive.
Its sad to think about future generations missing out on Chicago Enforcer.
So it's not an isolated issue? Wow, that's really, really weird then. That has to be a bug with the PS4 app, but so far I've only noticed it with the GT Live videos. I'll have to check again this evening, to see if the problem still ppersists

Its a former Twitch video problem. I'm 99% sure the only videos that don't work are former Twitch streams.
Its weird, never happens with any other channel or videos.

llehuty

He is also saying that he would delete the videos when they get officially uploaded to their channel. I think the team is probably ok with it (it's promo for their content, without them having to do anything). The only thing is what Defy thinks about this.

Just watched that Elyse and Huber PT stream. Huber's reaction when he first sees the Sink Baby: "Woah. Guillermo del Toro would be proud of that!"

This is before anybody knew anything about PT. Incredible.

UrbanRats

You're a modern hero.

sinxtanx

book-fucking-marked

-shadow-

This is absolutely amazing! Twitch is borederline unusable with my current connection and not being able to see some of the stuff they do on Twitch ever again hurts. Thanks for doing this!

farisr

Just an fyi so people don't get the wrong idea, if you see any ads on the GT vids on my channel, they are because of monetization done by the game companies, not by me. Nearly every single vid I put up yesterday has a copyright claim and "monetized by owner"

Maybe this is the reason they haven't uploaded these vids? Anyways, claims are okay. As long as no strikes occur, I'll continue on.

RabbitNoir

Neo Member
Damn, I just realised that Huber's Evil Within full play-through is gone.

I remember past midnight, an exhausted Kyle said out of nowhere in an especially tense section 'You know what I hate, I hate people who say that Mario Kart 64 is the best Mario Kart'. Still makes me laugh, probably my favourite stream.

LeleSocho

Banned
Jesus Christ people, if the ManUps thing bother you SO MUCH you can always watch it on YouTube and set player velocity to slower than normal.

luchadork

Just an fyi so people don't get the wrong idea, if you see any ads on the GT vids on my channel, they are because of monetization done by the game companies, not by me. Nearly every single vid I put up yesterday has a copyright claim and "monetized by owner"

Maybe this is the reason they haven't uploaded these vids? Anyways, claims are okay. As long as no strikes occur, I'll continue on.

just out of curiosity, how hard is it to get the videos from twitch and put them on youtube?

~readies pitchfork~

Mikey Jr.

Damn, doing gods work.

Subbed.

Just wish you were here to archive the Shenmue 1 playthrough. By Bloods own admission, that shit is GONE. G.O.N.E. gone. Like, forever. So more power to you man. It is why I hate Twitch. There is no search either and they delete videos. It is fucking stupidness.

Try to get the older stuff first I say. And honestly, I wouldn't prioritize Toybox Tuesdays....

And 1 request. Can you get the Chicago Enforcer playthroughs? That is one of the funniest playthroughs GT has done. Bosman struggling through that game was legitimately funny.

farisr

just out of curiosity, how hard is it to get the videos from twitch and put them on youtube?

~readies pitchfork~
Just to give an idea, queuing up the downloads, queueing up the uploads, writing in the YT descriptions. Actual active work per video would be 5-10 minutes. But if you want a customized thumbnail that could easily extend it to 20 minutes. 20 minutes of active work per video, plus the slow twitch download, plus the time it takes to upload can result in one video taking overall an hour or more (depending on the length and size of the video) to put up.

It's not about how difficult it is do, it's more about the time and monitoring it takes to properly put a video up.

Edit: Also forgot, the twitch downloads sometimes don't get downloaded as they are viewable on twitch, they can become out of sync badly in some cases. Fluctuating framerates, inconsistent audio sync. Not easily fixable. Like the audio could be out of sync by 1 ahead at the beginning, and then 3 seconds behind by the time the video reaches the halfway point. The Huber concert is a recent example that wasn't just a simple download/upload. I had to spend an extra 10 minutes to work on fixing it, and then 20 minutes re-rendering. So 30 minutes extra for that video right there.
And 1 request. Can you get the Chicago Enforcer playthroughs? That is one of the funniest playthroughs GT has done. Bosman struggling through that game was legitimately funny.
Chicago Enforcer, like Shenmue 1, is gone unfortunately. It being gone is one of the things that prompted me to start this archiving. Never again.

I only have videos from November 7th onwards.

Twitch to YouTube doesn't ALWAYS work. I've had the displeasure of exporting tournament videos of 4+ hours and there being a litany of issues. Audio desync, timecodes not even working (cut a 30 minute segment for highlight, and it exports the entire 4 hour archive), some uploads don't even go through. It's not a fool proof system. Downloading VODs from Twitch also takes forever. It's a lot of time for not a lot of viewable content, sadly. The solution is to just watch the archives themselves and for GT to archive them all forever (provided Twitch still has this option, I haven't checked in a while). Or, GT can local record while streaming and upload right after and deal with the metadata in the morning.

Mikey Jr.

Chicago Enforcer, like Shenmue 1, is gone unfortunately. It being gone is one of the things that prompted me to start this archiving. Never again.

No fucking way.....

That cant be true.

edit: FUCK TWITCH!!!

My God, just fuck this site. Chicago Enforcer is gone. Wow.

There were so many times I was crying from laughter on that playthrough. Someone has to fucking have it. SOMEONE.

Is there no way that they can stream from twitch and youtube at the same time?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm catching up to the episodes (I had stopped watching for like 5 months), and WTF, THEY GOT KOJIMA FOR A BONUS BIT FOR THE FINAL BOSMAN?! WAAAAT

DMiz

No fucking way.....

That cant be true.

edit: FUCK TWITCH!!!

My God, just fuck this site. Chicago Enforcer is gone. Wow.

There were so many times I was crying from laughter on that playthrough. Someone has to fucking have it. SOMEONE.

Is there no way that they can stream from twitch and youtube at the same time?

I felt the same way when I realized that the Shenmue 1 playthrough was gone.

There are some epic moments in that playthrough, particularly the part where Huber sings the song that plays while Ryo drives his girl home on the motorcycle. :(

Top Bottom