• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

eFKac

Yeah also not a big fan of this week's GT Time.

Also lazy week, huh? What happened to that Monopoly stream? It's a meme at this point.

Loved the jolly cooperation Bloodborne. They did really well. I want more!

Yeah also not a big fan of this week's GT Time.

Also lazy week, huh? What happened to that Monopoly stream? It's a meme at this point.

Monday off for holiday. Monopoly didn't happen because after a trip Huber apparently got sick and didn't come in Thursday. And Friday they had an all day Gt meeting to plan 2016.

But based on the hints Ben is dropping on Twitter Tabletop adventures is coming back this year

Sami+

I'm one hour into GT Time and it feel like turning it off at this point. That's something that has never happened to me and while I'm against long episodes, I've also said that 1:20 is still acceptable. But there's just so much side ranting and nonsensical conversations. Same for the clarification of the "You're the one who started this conversation" question from the week before. Just put it with the other clarifications at the beginning.

I really don't understand this at all. The more side shit the better for me. Loved this one.

Blair, I smell a baby burning

ito007

This week's GT Time was awesome. They were giving off really good vibes the entire episode, with some exception in the amiibo/Nintendo talk, but that's expected at this point.

I'm thinking that with the declining sales of the FFXIII sequel sales that it may have hurt the series for XV as much as Persona increasing the fanbase.

I wouldn't read too much into those. FF spinoffs and direct sequels never do as well as the mainline games, especially the first mainline game of the generation. I think Persona 5 will do really well thanks to word of mouth and releasing on a relevant system (not the PS2 in 2008 or the Vita) but it's not going to even get close to FFXV. It's not like it matters though, Persona 5 deserves that number one spot because it has better pedigree and looks amazing.

Anyway, I hated last weeks episode, which got bogged down in that awful Hitman discussion where Bosman, Ian and Jones just continually shat on the game, but I really liked this weeks one.

LeleSocho

Banned
GT Time was awesome Jolly "ManUps" Cooperations was good too, loved that Popeye episode at the end i used to watch lots of them when i was little.

Yonafunu

I actually used to watch The Sentinel when I was in elementary school. I never expected to ever have to think about it again, but there ya go I guess.

The plot was ridiculous, it was some ex-marine guy who used to work in the jungle or something, and there he learned to sharpen his senses to survive and now he uses those senses for policework. Or something like that. I completely forgot about that Blair guy though.

I really don't understand this at all. The more side shit the better for me. Loved this one.

Blair, I smell a baby burning

GT Time is the only gaming podcast I know of that doesn't do side shit. I hate the bombcast because of it and I don't want GT Time to turn into that. Simple as that.

RabbitNoir

Neo Member
GT Time is the only gaming podcast I know of that doesn't do side shit. I hate the bombcast because of it and I don't want GT Time to turn into that. Simple as that.

I get a kick out of listening to the side stuff on GT time because it's always kind of a guilty pleasure for them with one panelist, (usually Bloodworth), nagging them keep on moving through the stories. Other podcasts might get bogged down in it for sure but I think GT time hits the sweet spot, for me at least.

Some people in here need to find the balance between feedback and entitlement

What do you suggest is the balance then? I said that it was the first episode ever where I felt the need to turn it off, because of the off-topic conversations. I obviously still finished it, because I love the podcast and will continue to listen to it, of course.

Seems like you're in the minority. Sorry pal. It really isn't as "simple as that".

I know that I'm in the minority, thanks.

The "simple as that" was referring to his notion that he couldn't understand why I would feel that way. I gave a short explanation and finished my post like that to emphasize that there's no weird logic behind it. I hope I was able to make that clear now, pal.

I get his point, but i feel like so far they kept a good balance.
The BombCast is 3 hours, we have a long way before GTtime becomes that.

Absolutely. GT Time is nowhere near close to the Bombcast and like I've said before, 1 hour 20 minutes is still absolutely fine. It just felt like time on this episode was a bit wasted, which is something they don't usually do. It's not like I hated the episode or turned it off right away and store off GT forever or anything. It was just weird.

Pappasman

I really don't care about amiibo but the hate for them in regards to Zelda was so weird on GT Time. They have an incredibly minimal impact on the game, the largest of which is a 40 floor challenge "dungeon" that reuses assets. There is already one of those in the base game. The reward you get from the amiibo challenge is totally unnecessary anyways. The other amiibo do practically nothing. So the complaints that they effect the design of the game is absolutely bizarre. The Ganon amiibo has a cool effect, but the game already has a hero mode so it isn't necessary to get a more challenging experience.

The amiibo situation is tough because either people complain that they don't do enough or they complain that they do to little.

Hasney

I really don't care about amiibo but the hate for them in regards to Zelda was so weird on GT Time. They have an incredibly minimal impact on the game, the largest of which is a 40 floor challenge "dungeon" that reuses assets. There is already one of those in the base game. The reward you get from the amiibo challenge is totally unnecessary anyways.

The other amiibo do practically nothing. So the complaints that they effect the design of the game is bizarre. The Ganon amiibo has a cool effect, but the game already has a hero mode so the Ganon amiibo isn't necessary to get a more challenging experience.

The amiibo situation is tough because either people complain that they don't do enough or they complain that they do to little.

Just let me buy the extras as DLC so I don't have to have plastic crap and I'll buy the base game. It's getting frustrating that I need clutter to play things I want to play.

Pappasman

Would you even want to download any of that stuff though? They do so little I don't see their effects being worth any amount of money.

Refill hearts (once a day?)
Refill arrows (once a day)
Double damage (already in the game as an optional mode)
Challenge rooms where you are forced to play as the Wolf

I really don't think any of that is worth any money. They are just neat effects that these toys can have on your game. It's not like some big, game changing thing is locked behind a toy. I think that's one of the big complaints about amiibo. They have extremely minimal impact on the games they interact with.

Hasney

Would you even want to download any of that stuff though? They do so little I don't see their effects being worth any amount of money.

Refill hearts (once a day?)
Refill arrows (once a day)
Double damage (already in the game as an optional mode)
Challenge rooms where you are forced to play as the Wolf

I really don't think any of that is worth any money. They are just neat effects that these toys can have on your game. It's not like some big, game changing thing is locked behind a toy. I think that's one of the big complaints about amiibo. They have extremely minimal impact on the games they interact with.

Nah, just the challenge rooms. The rest I'd ignore.

I'm always up for more gameplay of that type, but I don't want a figure.

tok9

I agree with them on the amiibo. Refilling arrows and hearts is not only a boring thing but it breaks the game.

ito007

Just let me buy the extras as DLC so I don't have to have plastic crap and I'll buy the base game. It's getting frustrating that I need clutter to play things I want to play.
Isn't that sort of the point of toys-to-life though? With other figures you're just buying add-on content.

I suppose the counterpoint to that statement is that unlike amiibo, games like infinity/dimensions/skylanders base their entire game around buying toys, so it's not as bad.

abrack08

It's a once a day refill of resources found everywhere throughout the game. How does that break it?

"This boss is giving me a hard time, and I don't see any hearts floating around anymore... I know, I'll pause and grab my Zelda amiibo!" Boom, health restored.

To be fair, I think Kyle said the Ganondorf amiibo thing was cool, it's the hearts and arrows that are lame.

tok9

It's a once a day refill of resources found everywhere throughout the game. How does that break it?

Exactly what abrack08 said. The game was not created with amiibos in mind. I'm not saying people shouldn't use it but I can guarantee you will have a worse experience of the game if you use the amiibo functionality. It takes away from the experience of earning these things in the game itself.

Pappasman

I don't agree. Using an amiibo for hearts is the same thing as having a fairy in a bottle and regaining arrows is practically meaningless since they are a common drop from enemies. They don't let you do anything you couldn't already do in game.

ito007

It's interesting. At worst, the amiibo chagne your game by giving you an extra fairy bottle and kit of arrows you can easily find. And at best you get an extra fairy bottle and kit of arrows you can easily find.

Either way it's pretty lame. Amiibos man

Will Might No. 9 become the new great vaporware of our generation?
lol

I feel bad for backers who probably get excited to play the game every time it gets close to a release window only for the game to push it back.

Hasney

Will Might No. 9 become the new great vaporware of our generation?
lol

I feel bad for backers who probably get excited to play the game every time it gets close to a release window only for the game to push it back.

Nah, I played the demo. I'm not excited anyway, it's just funny at this point.

Top Bottom