• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

We're not being at all strict with the genre classifications on these, especially considering the games aren't even out yet. Also, good luck picking a genre for Deus Ex.

Ratchet and Clank is more of a shooter than anything else. I've never heard anyone call it an RPG. It has some RPG elements with weapon/health upgrading.
The RPG label applies to Deus Ex, which is why I added the "respectively" at the end, to denote that I was talking about Deus Ex first, then Ratchet & Clank.

The RPG label applies to Deus Ex, which is why I added the "respectively" at the end, to denote that I was talking about Deus Ex first, then Ratchet & Clank.

Oh I see. The "or" might have contributed in confusing me. Shoulda been "and" lol

or am i just deflecting some of the blame to you for the sake of making my mistake seem like less. the world may never know

Umibozu

I enjoyed that Bosman clip, didn't see that as a replacement either. The content was good.
I would've thought that it was a parody of amateur YouTube videos if no one mentioned anything.

I think GameTrailers is my favorite outlet. They're all so optimistic that I can't help but smile when I see them gushing about games like I do with my friends. Always brightens up my day!

The best thing about E3 2015 was my rediscovery of GT. Huber and Bosman are the reason I love GT. I spend so much time watching their twitch streams, GT Time and etc.

I feel like Huber needs to have a podcast with Matt Blair, Ben Moore and Brad Eillis to go along with GT Time.

Superseats!

I feel like Huber needs to have a podcast with Matt Blair, Ben Moore and Brad Eillis to go along with GT Time.

Superseats!
Honestly, they could probably pull off at least two more podcasts on a semi-regular basis (maybe every two weeks?). I'd love to hear Superseats and Asian Games Bosman Refuses to Talk About (insert better title here).

Ashtar

I'm watching GT live (live for the first time!) I had no clue this adam hines dude wrote oxen free, I was already interested but freak it I'll go ahead and take the plunge

It was live. It was actually a ton of fun. Really scratched that Tabletop Time itch. Definitely check out the archive if you missed it.

UrbanRats

Kyle is currently playing in a D&D campaign over on www.twitch.tv/jashplay. Never knew about this!

tumblr_inline_o050vuLXGb1su1pqh_500-1451495617.gif

mishakoz

Top 10 most anticipated games

https://youtu.be/qwvIQLADsQg

I have to complain a bit about number 1. Maybe I'm out of the loop, I'm willing to admit that, but Ive never heard this series discussed in being more than a "niche" franchise, I would love to know more and why its so "anticipated" but I can't help but think there are so many better choices.

No man's sky, for instance.

Burt

Top 10 most anticipated games

https://youtu.be/qwvIQLADsQg

I have to complain a bit about number 1. Maybe I'm out of the loop, I'm willing to admit that, but Ive never heard this series discussed in being more than a "niche" franchise, I would love to know more and why its so "anticipated" but I can't help but think there are so many better choices.

No man's sky, for instance.

No Man's Sky was pretty much exactly what they were referring to with that opening about things reaching 'hype saturation'. Like, we get it, there's nothing else for them to do, we're all either sold or not at this point, just get the game out.

As for Persona, well, it's Gametrailers, not Metacritic. The list isn't saying 'These are the games the world is most hyped for in 2016", it's saying, "These are the games we are most hyped for in 2016".

mishakoz

No Man's Sky was pretty much exactly what they were referring to with that opening about things reaching 'hype saturation'. Like, we get it, there's nothing else for them to do, we're all either sold or not at this point, just get the game out.

As for Persona, well, it's Gametrailers, not Metacritic. The list isn't saying 'These are the games the world is most hyped for in 2016", it's saying, "These are the games we are most hyped for in 2016".

Yeah, I just wish I "got it". Feel as if I'm missing something. I just watched the game play trailer to figure it out, and while it is a cool trailer, I just don't see what the hype is for.

Maybe someone can explain it to me?

Yeah, I just wish I "got it". Feel as if I'm missing something. I just watched the game play trailer to figure it out, and while it is a cool trailer, I just don't see what the hype is for.

Maybe someone can explain it to me?

It's actually not that hard to explain.

It's another main entry in a highly acclaimed game series. The last main entry came out in 2008 (on the PS2), so it's been a while and people are stoked to have a new game and on a modern system. It doesn't have he mainstream appeal of the Witcher series or Fallout, because you're playing as the protagonist of a high school anime, but they're still good games with a certain style (as you've probably noticed from the trailer), great music and a good story for a high school anime.

Not to mention one of the last bastions of hope for people who like turn-based battle systems (in JRPGs).

Hasney

Even then, P4G is 93 on Metacritic. The critics love it as much as the fans.

I honestly think that if 5 can keep up the quality, it'll be selling as much on PS4 as modern Final Fantasy games,

It's a real pity they won't have a marketing budget.

llehuty

Even then, P4G is 93 on Metacritic. The critics love it as much as the fans.

I honestly think that if 5 can keep up the quality, it'll be selling as much on PS4 as modern Final Fantasy games,

It's a real pity they won't have a marketing budget.

Nah, I don't think Persona will ever reach the Final Fantasy mass appeal. I personally like it a lot, but it's not made for the general public as opposed to the more mainstream fantasy style of FF.

Hasney

Nah, I don't think Persona will ever reach the Final Fantasy mass appeal. I personally like it a lot, but it's not made for the general public as opposed to the more mainstream fantasy style of FF.

I'm thinking that with the declining sales of the FFXIII sequel sales that it may have hurt the series for XV as much as Persona increasing the fanbase.

So since the website got redesigned I've been watching all my GT content off YouTube. I'm not the only one who finds this whole two YT channels kind of confusing right? Seems random what channel something will pop up on.

If they're going to be talking shop at Dave & Busters, they better talk about Superseats and Asian Games Bosman Refuses to Talk About (even though it doesn't make sense given their current naming scheme for shows, unless Bosman does a bit every episode explaining why he decided to not talk about those games when they were first announced or something).

tok9

Good list for Most Anticipated. At first I was a little surprised not seeing For Honor as they all seem pretty excited about it but I think that might be due to last years video which had 5 games delayed to the following year.

I look at this list and right now I think only 1 of those games could be delayed till next year. That game being Horizon just because all we've seen is the E3 demo and the behind closed doors demo from E3.

Also loving the GT Time length. One hour and twenty minutes feels like the sweet spot.

I'm one hour into GT Time and it feel like turning it off at this point. That's something that has never happened to me and while I'm against long episodes, I've also said that 1:20 is still acceptable. But there's just so much side ranting and nonsensical conversations. Same for the clarification of the "You're the one who started this conversation" question from the week before. Just put it with the other clarifications at the beginning.

DKHF

I'm one hour into GT Time and it feel like turning it off at this point. That's something that has never happened to me and while I'm against long episodes, I've also said that 1:20 is still acceptable. But there's just so much side ranting and nonsensical conversations. Same for the clarification of the "You're the one who started this conversation" question from the week before. Just put it with the other clarifications at the beginning.
There was more off topic stuff than usual this week. It wasn't so bad that I wanted to stop watching but I would prefer less/the usual amount.

Top Bottom