• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

UrbanRats

Listening to this podcast makes me realize how good GT LIVE was.
EDIT: The chemistry is not here between TB + friends and their guest.
Probably feels that way just because they're not in the same room.
That always makes things a bit awkward.
Is Bosman on, yet?

Burt

Probably feels that way just because they're not in the same room.
That always makes things a bit awkward.
Is Bosman on, yet?

Haha yeah, he's been there the whole time. I think that the vast gulf in their tastes (let alone TB's PC-centricity vs. Bosman being a console guy) makes it tough to find much common ground. Surprised they didn't set things up to focus on something more applicable to Kyle, or at least talk about what happened at GT yet. Kinda feels like TB just invited the first name he could think of from GT and threw him in without even sending over the talking points.

Drencrom

Haha yeah, he's been there the whole time. I think that the vast gulf in their tastes (let alone TB's PC-centricity vs. Bosman being a console guy) makes it tough to find much common ground. Surprised they didn't set things up to focus on something more applicable to Kyle, or at least talk about what happened at GT yet. Kinda feels like TB just invited the first name he could think of from GT and threw him in without even sending over the talking points.

Yeah, I thought they would be talking about GT and his departure

Tigermave

Neo Member
Yeah, I thought they would be talking about GT and his departure

Same, but perhaps that's my mistake since I'd never listened to this podcast. Unfortunately, I don't find a lot of enjoyment in this style of show and much prefer a more structured "show" format compared to the "hangout" style here. Not to knock it, it's just not my thing :)

I listened to about 40 minutes of it and during most of it Kyle didn't say much due to not being familiar in the topics. Wanted to hear his SFV thoughts but didn't get to that before I had to bail.. if someone here can post some recaps or talking points that'd be cool.

Visceir

Honestly, I doubt Kyle even wants to talk about GT related stuff if there even is anything to talk about. They also said it's not the first time Kyle has been on the podcast.

Tigermave

Neo Member
Honestly, I doubt Kyle even wants to talk about GT related stuff if there even is anything to talk about. They also said it's not the first time Kyle has been on the podcast.

Probably right, I think it was mostly just the timing of it that gave some of us the thought that he might. I don't think we'll ever really hear any of them say much else regarding it... what would there be to say? Time to look at what's next.

It's so strange not hearing Kyle lead a podcast; you can still hear him in that "mode" as he asks open-ended questions about games he hasn't played, almost for the sake of the viewer.

Karu

If they're not talking about the GT Departure then it just confirms TB only wanted him for clicks.
What? That makes no sense. If anything, wouldn't it be the other way around? Either way... no sense.

Was a good cast to enjoy while gaming. While Kyle didn't say all too much his contributions were great (SFV, COD etc.) He also said, he's trying to get the Final Bosman-IP from Defy! He's hopeful because it worked for Jim Sterling. And for anyone wondering... Kyle was super grateful that TB invited him to do the podcast. Weird how that works.

JohnDrake

Any news about the team? I assume it is too soon. I would like to seem them reunited at some point somewhere even if it is unlikely :(

Burt

Yeah, you're probably right. They didn't even get into it on the stream last night. That's perfectly fine, of course. I just figured the podcast would be a bit more tailored to the guest rather than having an excessive amount of time on Overwatch patch notes, Star Wars Galactic Heroes or whatever, "so.. what else do you guys want to talk about?" That's more on me for not being familiar with the podcast, but what can I say... #GTTimeSpoiled

UrbanRats

If they're not talking about the GT Departure then it just confirms TB only wanted him for clicks.
Again, that is the main reason you want guests on your show.
It's not like, say, Conan invites people on his show out of good will.

What annoyed me is how little they tried to including him in the chatter.

Drencrom

I just saw that you have to subscribe to TotalBiscuit on twitch to watch the archieve of the podcast... sooo, is there a summary of what Kyle said on the podcast? I really tried giving it a shot when it was live but I couldn't come around the format at all and they barely tried to include Kyle in the discussions.

Coreda

Have only managed to make it through one episode of TB's Co-optional podcast but it wouldn't surprise me. The guest I listened for wasn't involved much in their conversation, either. I usually enjoy his standalone impression videos, but the podcast isn't for me.

UrbanRats

Have only managed to make it through one episode of TB's Co-optional podcast but it wouldn't surprise me. The guest I listened for wasn't involved much in their conversation, either. I usually enjoy his standalone impression videos, but the podcast isn't for me.
Yeah I used to be subbed to TB before he annoyed me with the whole xbone thing (and GG later) and I used to enjoy his solo stuff a lot, but the co-optional podcast I could never stand, partly due to the fact that I can't tolerate Jessie Cox.

I'd prefer a more focused, interview style thing, though it is a podcast, not an interview, technically.

Karu

I just saw that you have to subscribe to TotalBiscuit on twitch to watch the archieve of the podcast... sooo, is there a summary of what Kyle said on the podcast? I really tried giving it a shot when it was live but I couldn't come around the format at all and they barely tried to include Kyle in the discussions.
I think they will upload it on YT - dunno when or whether that's still practice, though.

Auctopus

Again, that is the main reason you want guests on your show.
It's not like, say, Conan invites people on his show out of good will.

That's my point. I understand wanting clicks.

But announcing in a blunt/melodramatic twee that you will have members of "Gametrailers"; a brand name that was currently trending and on the face of every gaming website then not involving the invited guests in the conversation just seems dishonoroable and slimy.

UrbanRats

That's my point. I understand wanting clicks.

But announcing in a blunt/melodramatic twee that you will have members of "Gametrailers"; a brand name that was currently trending and on the face of every gaming website then not involving the invited guests in the conversation just seems dishonoroable and slimy.
You're making it a moral issue, but to me it isn't.
Just a missed opportunity for all involved, TB included.

Hopefully things will go better next week with Brandon and hopefully he'll have concrete news on what they are thinking about doing in the future.

I know this was sudden and it sucks (though we all saw it coming) but they really need to be quick and use this interest they got from people (TB included) to launch and promote whatever they want to do next.

I don't think in 2 months anyone but us hardcore fans, will be giving a shit about where the gt people went, it's sad, but that's how the world operates.
You march at its drum or get left behind.

Auctopus

You're making it a moral issue, but to me it isn't.

Oh, yeah I know. I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I was just saying TB was a general shit.

Totally agree on your other point. Hope they make moves whilst there is still moment behind the GT departure. Supporting them whatever they decide to do but I hope they manage to keep the majority of the group together.

My phone alerted me the other day that both Ben and Brad followed an Editor at GameReactor.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Please do so. I once got someone on Twitter to give me the template but the loss of quality on Twitter killed it for me.

Kaylee Murdoc made a Huber Hype shirt with the new logo that I want as well.

That may actually have been me! Haha

Once I'm back home at my computer with the template I'll send it on to you :)

I started watching that yesterday. I've seen a lot of people on here suggest Kinda Funny to replace GT, so I figured this video would be the perfect way to get into them.

I lasted about 10 minutes. The guy on the left does not seem interested in what the others are saying. It doesn't look like he's paying any attention whatsoever (he even yawns on a number of occasions). He seemed to just be waiting for the other two to stop making noise so he could start.

I just could not warm to that, or any of them. Judging them only after 10 minutes is probably unfair, but hey, Kyle judges games after 15!

sinxtanx

Last day in the office: https://twitter.com/trailerjones/status/700776015061069824

"Stay tuned, more to come"

hSnWxmU.jpg

Top Bottom