• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

Much better episode of Huber Hype, but now I'm looking forward to the Soundtrack countdown in Friday.

Also, Shadows of the Damned shout out... Good call.

The Final Bosman is usually my Saturday morning show during breakfast (MU is on Sundays!), but you guys are making really hard to wait until then.

Hasney

The Final Bosman is usually my Saturday morning show during breakfast (MU is on Sundays!), but you guys are making really hard to wait until then.

Do it... There'll be a Just Played about Tropical Freeze by then you can watch for Saturday breakfast with Bosman and Huber!

Hasney

Looks like they weren't able to squeeze that Tabletop Adventures in, but GT Time is up already. Raise your hands if you care about VR

Huber is in the super seat so at least if the 3 regulars don't care that much, I'm betting Huber is at least fairly positive.

EDIT: Watching now... Damn, Bloodworth being sent a Shiek Amiibo is pretty cool.

EDIT 2: Don't worry, I also sent the correction that Maxis only published Sim Tower :p Only reason I ended up doing it is to get Yoot's Tower mentioned because it's such an awesome sequel!

UrbanRats

Did anyone else think the colors were a bit washed out this week? Looked strangely grayed out for me.

-

Good discussion about VR, i was prepared for the worst. :p
Regarding 3rd person games, Lucky's Tale is a good example of how they can work as long as they have a predictable camera; say, a game like God of War, Bayonetta or Mario 3d World would work spectacularly, since they can program a very set path for the camera (your head's general spot in the world) and let you move around at your leisure from there.
It'd be like hovering over an immense diorama, like when you were a kid and played with toys, but in a huge recreated "set" and with a controller instead of your hands (sort of like RC cars).

If you played TRINE or TRINE 2 with Nvidia 3d vision, you know what i'm talking about, the 3d was so effective in that game, that it literally looked like the monitor was a 3d box with toys inside it and a miniature world recreated in clay or whatever, and you were just remotely controlling these toys.

Don't know if Kyle would be down with that, lol.
Even playing Max Payne 3 with 3d Vision, it looked like Max was a super detailed action figure, rather than a character in game.

I'd love it, personally... freely looking around in Bayonetta to see if anyone from offscreen is about to attack? And the obligation for the game to run AT LEAST at 90fps? SIGN ME UP!

In more open ended games with a completely free camera though, like GTA, Dragon Age or Shadow of Mordor and such, i can see it be a big problem.
You can't have you perspective just be swinging around with the right analog stick, or you'll be vomiting in 2 minutes, so it's an issue they have to solve, but we'll get there.

-
Brandon's argument of detachment.. i understand it, but for the most part, i can't relate too much.
When i'm tired and don't feel like investing much time into something, i just don't game period, i watch a tv show (likely a comedy) or browse the internet, or watch youtube and such.
I don't play videogames for outright relaxation much, these days (and i don't play a lot at all, lately).
But i understand the point of view.

FFXIV and FFXV PAX Live reaction stream tonight. (Unless it´s tomorrow, damn time zones)

KcwyFrd.jpg

Finally watched the Final Bosman. The episode was okay (although it feels like the show is becoming a parody of itself, not sure how else I can explain this), but I'm not familiar with the stereotype Kyle picked for the German correspondent. It didn't make much sense to me.

Hasney

There's also another Mandatory Update with Ian around GDC and Ben Moore using a camera and he's never used one before. Work experience for when GT goes out of business!
GDC-GATE: The Search for Elyse - Mandatory Update: http://youtu.be/DWBB5yohsBM

In Man Ups Nights, kinda love how they all don't really like Kinda Funny games and try to be polite about it.

sora87

I hope they take Ben's suggestion about doing director's cuts of videos and putting them up on youtube, always thought the Just Played segments were a little too short.

Also they should have included Nier in the Drakengard franchise just to get that soundtrack on the top 10, one of the best OSTs ever. Shocked Kingdom Hearts didn't get a mention too. Not too shocked Sonic missed out but I would've included it just for the Adventure soundtracks.

Visceir

There's also another Mandatory Update with Ian around GDC and Ben Moore using a camera and he's never used one before. Work experience for when GT goes out of business!

In Man Ups Nights, kinda love how they all don't really like Kinda Funny games and try to be polite about it.

"Get a shot of yourself there Ben"

So dumb that it became amusing again.

Mandatory Update Nights was a hot mess.

Edit: requesting gif of Ian on the sex swing

Good episode, weird bonus bit and definitely Ben's best work.

sora87

That has to be the most enthusiastic and heartfelt Just Played yet (Tropical Freeze JP)

Think they sold me on it even though it'll be too hard for me no doubt :B

That has to be the most enthusiastic and heartfelt Just Played yet (Tropical Freeze JP)

Think they sold me on it even though it'll be too hard for me no doubt :B

The difficulty curve is butter smooth. You can also buy in-game items to make it easier. Extra health, get out of jail free cards for falling in pits, etc.

RedAssedApe

Banned
how long have you guys had separate youtube channels for your original content and editorial content? not sure why i didn't notice this for the longest time...hah

Hasney

Fuck it, ordered Tropical Freeze and a Pro Controller finally. God damn Huber and Bosman.

I've already got it, but not played much of it yet... This is going to push me over the edge.

how long have you guys had separate youtube channels for your original content and editorial content? not sure why i didn't notice this for the longest time...hah

While I'm not GT, it's a recent change. The channel that is reviews/live stream archive/Just Played was the GT News channel.

I also loved their content like the Retrospectives and Bosman. Heck, I probably watch the Castlevania retrospective one a year if more. Glad to hear it, will subscribe.

Top Bottom