• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Hasney

Oh man, that bonus bit had everything xD

What's the song that started playing at the start of Steam controller segment (8:01), it's so familiar.

I think it's one of their stock tracks that sounds very similar to something on CSI or Law & Order or one of those shows.

Agreed, Huber is amazing. Ben is awesome too, especially when he gets excited. Bloodworth is great on GT Time, most level headed person there. And Ian is hilarious, but is at his most awesome when he's with Elyse.

Agree with this a lot.
Honestly only watched Bosman before, but as time went by (read: now) I fell in Iove these folks.
So there. Bosman got this guy to more than barely watch GT.

GT Live is on pre-show and one of the guys on it looks like an ex-GT guy who got fired... who might've got rehired?

Edit: Ryan Stevens is back for the stream. It's a temporary thing though.

Kasper

Great episode. Love Ryan Stevens. There's a few kinks to work out, but overall GT Live really impressed me.

Worst part of the show was when Brandon mentioned Shane will soon be a guest.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
GT Live is on pre-show and one of the guys on it looks like an ex-GT guy who got fired... who might've got rehired?

Edit: Ryan Stevens is back for the stream. It's a temporary thing though.

Hey, I was laid off, I wasn't fired. That way I can collect unemployment. Thanks for watching. Was a little surreal at first, but pretty fun. Hope I can be on again sometime.

Xemnas89

Great episode. Love Ryan Stevens. There's a few kinks to work out, but overall GT Live really impressed me.

Worst part of the show was when Brandon mentioned Shane will soon be a guest.

Yeah I don't have anything against Shane but I've never really been a fan either. Still enjoyed the first episode and will continue watching as the weeks go by.

Hasney

Yeah I don't have anything against Shane but I've never really been a fan either. Still enjoyed the first episode and will continue watching as the weeks go by.

Eh, just an episode to skip. I'll Czech this one out if/when an archive hits YouTube.

UrbanRats

I watched it last night, and it was pretty good.
I miss Ryan Stevens, biggest loss for the team, along with Damiani.

But anyhow, i liked it and the suggestion i'd have, is to keep it a bit more loose, and maybe make it longer, so as to have less of a feeling of urgency that was running throughout the whole thing.
Relax Brandon. :p

Good idea though, more audience interaction is also good, since it strengthens the bond.

Hasney

GT Live wasn't bad, but It'll get better I'm sure as Brandon gets used to hosting live. Only feedback I would give would be to use clip-on mics as the audio cut out whenever Ryan or Brandon turned.

Shame they can't do a different timezone one. Hell, have it presented by Elyse doing her Michael Caine impression and a British Bosman. That should work.

Hasney

Is GT Time later this evening? (UK)

Should be. I think they just throw it up on YouTube when they're ready. Think it was a lot earlier last week.

Latest Final Bosman was brilliant. Also, I´m starting to like Mandatory Update.

Soon, everyone will be forced to ManUp

tumblr_n9hejwAbyI1rbispdo1_500.gif

Gametrailers is really impressing me with their content. They deserve all of the success they get.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the daily content they're putting out. Enough to be the second YouTube channel I've ever subscribed to (RedLetterMedia being the first).

That said, the low viewing numbers on their shows and Ian's constant talk about how they're going out of business is a bit depressing.

sora87

I really enjoyed GT Live, cool concept, maybe make it a little longer and a little looser but yeah, good start to a promising show.
Also I knew I missed Ryan Stevens but I didn't know how much til now, I'd totally support a patreon to get him back in the staff.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
I really enjoyed GT Live, cool concept, maybe make it a little longer and a little looser but yeah, good start to a promising show.
Also I knew I missed Ryan Stevens but I didn't know how much til now, I'd totally support a patreon to get him back in the staff.

ah but the question is would you support a Ryan Patreon in general?

Hasney

Still no GT Time?
GT Time: Total Badass Badasses: https://youtu.be/do6YfCqWBgY

They're using the same stage as GT Live did and it looks awesome.

EDIT: Ben Moore recommending Black Mirror is top notch. The tangent they go off on about Bloodworth in Africa with elephants and dancers is fantastic, I love this show.

Ben also accidentally screwing with Brandon by saying Batman is coming November was great, just the look on Brandons face.

Oh shit, they have an Ian cam now. I think he should jump in like a radio producer now and again.

Auctopus

Really great GT Time and that new sound stage is slick.

The topic of console manufacturers announcing games too early in order to boost sales was an interesting one.

Really great GT Time and that new sound stage is slick.

The topic of console manufacturers announcing games too early in order to boost sales was an interesting one.

All three do it to some extent to be sure (Sony with Uncharted 4, Nintendo with Fire Emblem X Shinmegami), but Microsoft has been teasing a lot of things waaaay to early this gen. Quantum Break, Halo 5, Crack Down, and now Phantom Dust by the looks of it were all shown off over two and a half years before Microsoft would be able to release them. I know it is important to give people the idea that there is a future for the device, but Bloodborne's 9 months from announcement to shelves is about where the magic should be happening, in my opinion... one year out max.

TheHall

Best GT Time so far.

New stage looks amazing and Ben was killing it.

Blood on the Mic is always good.

Shows like this turn me into that guy that reads more about videogames than plays them.

Kasper

Oh shit, they have an Ian cam now. I think he should jump in like a radio producer now and again.

Exactly what I told Kyle in the comments on Youtube! Have Ian interject as a producer every now and then with Google answers for stuff they're screwing up or forgetting.

Another golden opportunity in that episode when Ben mentioned his Mandatory Update appearance as a camera man would have been if Ian had then told him to get a shot of himself and Ben would have given a thumbs up. Would have been sooooo gooooooooodddddddddd~~

TheHall

Exactly what I told Kyle in the comments on Youtube! Have Ian interject as a producer every now and then with Google answers for stuff they're screwing up or forgetting.

Another golden opportunity in that episode when Ben mentioned his Mandatory Update appearance as a camera man would have been if Ian had then told him to get a shot of himself and Ben would have given a thumbs up. Would have been sooooo gooooooooodddddddddd~~

I think they want as little production as possible on these videos.
Ian works freelance for GT so every hour extra he spends on editing GT Time is billable.

Two things.

1. Companies should pay Huber to hype their games.

I have negative interest in anything Battlefield, but he made Hardline sound awesome.
if any company takes Huber away from Game Trailers, I will end that company.

2. Fantastic GT Time.

Ben Moore was on fire and it was wonderful. He was so reasonably unreasonable, it was just great to listen to him. He's like a calm Huber. Excited and hyped, but not super crazy, cranked up to 11, which is why I can take Huber only in small doses. When he talked about that shallow feeling from new game announcements, I was just sitting there, nodding and thought "yes, yes, absolutely!" and it's exactly that what turns me off of video games so much. And then he brought up Persona 5 and I couldn't have agreed more with him. God, it was such a great and enthusiastic talk, without getting annoying about it. I often feel like I've moved past video games, because I've seen it all, but every now and the there's this glimmer of hope in form of a Persona 5 or Hyper Light Drifter, that gets me all giddy and excited again. I feel like Ben summarized it perfectly. All that said, I have to side with Brandon, when it comes to console purchases. It still makes me sad to think about the fans who supposedly bought a PS3 for Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3, or The Last Guardian. How did that work out? Exactly.

Visceir

Bummed out there's no Tabletops Adventures again this week.

Watched the GT Live show.

Probably the first time I'm seeing Ryan Stevens on anything, guy seems knowledgeable.

Didn't really like the new microphone setup, the audio felt weird the whole time and they had to always be up close to them. Might be more fancy but definitely not better. Or maybe it's just a matter of fixing audio levels or something. Bothered me in GT Time as well.

I found the Dark Souls boss discussion really cool and thought they would reveal the whole top 10 throughout the show, would have definitely made the show better.

Brandon Jones could use someone like Steve Higgins, a third person who would add some (funny) comments into the conversation and add more dimension to it. As it is right now it just felt like an interview with question/answer/question/answer.

Didn't really like the constant cuts to the person who was talking. Would much rather have just a wide shot of everyone involved in the conversation.

Top Bottom