• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Finally, been waiting for this one. I love their enthusiasm.

8ICaUbw.gif

SeanTSC

I have never liked how Bonus Round is setup. Filming one show then cutting it up in small chunks spread out over 4 weeks sucks, imo.

i never watch bonus round anyways because geoff keighley is a snoozefest, but adding greg miller just makes me even less inclined to watch it.

I'm okay with Greg Miller. WIll give it a watch.
Anyway. Gametrailers has really step up their game. So many videos that are interesting to watch. Now I can't let a day pass without watching a video of theirs.

This is even more satisfying to me since, Gametrailers was my first videogame site and forum I visited.

Bonus Round seems so irrelevant in the times of GT Time and Mandatory Update Nights. They rarely have interesting people to listen to these days.

The opinion of "industry people" like Totilo or the Kinda Funny guy couldn't be less interesting to me. Seeing the discussion stretched out over a month doesn't help.

Vorpal

Bonus Round seems so irrelevant in the times of GT Time and Mandatory Update Nights. They rarely have interesting people to listen to these days.

The opinion of "industry people" like Totilo or the Kinda Funny guy couldn't be less interesting to me. Seeing the discussion stretched out over a month doesn't help.

Yeah, I thought the semi-recent Tim Schafer episodes of Bonus Round were cool, and the Adam Boyes episodes from PSX, but it's really hit or miss with the revolving guests. I like having Keighley around though.

I'm also just more attached to the GT Time/Mandatory Update Nights crew so I'm always interested to hear their opinions on headlines.

Kasper

Danny and Greg are great, so this is a pretty solid line-up for me. As much as I like Geoff as a host though, the show really lives and dies with what guests are on in a given month.

Guerrilla

great just played, great seeing hubers enthusiasm as always. Can't wait for the next Huber Hype.

Tropical freeze is a really great game, though I think Kyle will have to eat his words regarding the looks comment about ori if the reviews are anything to go by ;)

Front page is full of goodies tonight, and lots still coming this week from GDC, PAX East and this crazy review crunch. Do try to keep up. :)

Wait, why aren't the Just Played videos on the Gametrailers channel again? I was looking for the Tropical Freeze Just Played yesterday and couldn't find it, so I watched Mandatory Update Nights instead.

Hasney

Wait, why aren't the Just Played videos on the Gametrailers channel again? I was looking for the Tropical Freeze Just Played yesterday and couldn't find it, so I watched Mandatory Update Nights instead.

The main Gametrailers YouTube channel is for the scheduled weekly shows. That ClevverGames which is branded as GT Reviews is for the non-scheduled stuff like Just Played, stream archives and reviews.

PopFisto

Banned
Wow, you guys are a lot more forgiving towards GT than I woulda thought.

Kyle Bosman is great, I will admit. Also, think Brandon Jones is not bad at all. And I tend to quite like Bonus Round, it can a bit hiss and miss though.

But the rest of the crew I find to be varying degrees of terrible. Huber just has no real broadcast presence. Honestly, it baffles me a bit why he is on GT. Ian tends to be quite annoying, imo. And bloodworth is another one that I find baffling is on GT.

Still, I do tend to listen or watch the shows, but Bosman is the one that anchors it all.

Guerrilla

Wow, you guys are a lot more forgiving towards GT than I woulda thought.

Kyle Bosman is great, I will admit. Also, think Brandon Jones is not bad at all. And I tend to quite like Bonus Round, it can a bit hiss and miss though.

But the rest of the crew I find to be varying degrees of terrible. Huber just has no real broadcast presence. Honestly, it baffles me a bit why he is on GT. Ian tends to be quite annoying, imo. And bloodworth is another one that I find baffling is on GT.

Still, I do tend to listen or watch the shows, but Bosman is the one that anchors it all.

giphy.gif

Don't mess with my man Huber!
Quite to the contrary, he is absolutely essential to GT imo. He is the positive yin to the gaming presses negative yang.
For once there is a guy that is genuinly excited for our hobby and not jaded/cynical like 99% of the gaming press. We need critical thinking, but we also need to just be happy once in a while for how awesome our hobby is and can be.

As I understand Bloodworth is a more behind the scenes kind of guy and he is doing a pretty good job writing reviews for the most part.

I agree though that Ian can come over kind of condescending from time to time which he could no doubt work on a little.

I really like the direction gametrailers is heading atm, that said, yay there is a new ep of huber hype up! ;)

SeanTSC

giphy.gif

Don't mess with my man Huber!
Quite to the contrary, he is absolutely essential to GT imo. He is the positive yin to the gaming presses negative yang.
For once there is a guy that is genuinly excited for our hobby and not jaded/cynical like 99% of the gaming press. We need critical thinking, but we also need to just be happy once in a while for how awesome our hobby is and can be.

As I understand Bloodworth is a more behind the scenes kind of guy and he is doing a pretty good job writing reviews for the most part.

I agree though that Ian can come over kind of condescending from time to time which he could no doubt work on a little.

I really like the direction gametrailers is heading atm, that said, yay there is a new ep of huber hype up! ;)

Agreed, Huber is amazing. Ben is awesome too, especially when he gets excited. Bloodworth is great on GT Time, most level headed person there. And Ian is hilarious, but is at his most awesome when he's with Elyse.

Auctopus

Damn, this week sounds good!

- Top 10 will be Top 10 Souls Bosses
- New GT talk show.

Also, 2 years of The Final Bosman!? Jeez, doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Is there a chance of consolidating all the GT content on one youtube account?

Having multiple channels is a necessary evil on YouTube if you produce a lot of content thanks to the way YouTube funnels things to subscribers. If you look at IGN and Gamespot they've got like five or six of them.

TheHall

It's on a different day, so hoping not. More video game talk on GT won't be a bad thing!

Good Huber Hype too. He's getting right into it now.

True, curious to see the format. Considering it's called GT Live, i wonder if there is some sort of interaction or live commenting.

They talked about gt live on one of the Friday streams. It's going to be like a live talk show with a stream of something because they have a new stage and can do things like that.

Hasney

They talked about gt live on one of the Friday streams. It's going to be like a live talk show with a stream of something because they have a new stage and can do things like that.

Ah, that's a shame. I'll probably still check it out, but damn timezones get in the way.

Pappasman

GT Live is a really, really good idea. This was something I was thinking they should do, so its cool to see them taking on the live show format.

Hasney

Oh shit, Bosman going in hard on Germany. I laughed Kyle.... I laughed.

OH GOD, THE CONTROLLER WITH NO BUTTONS. HOW DEEP DOES THIS GO?! lol @ Stan Lee

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, that bonus bit had everything xD

What's the song that started playing at the start of Steam controller segment (8:01), it's so familiar.

Top Bottom