• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raist

Banned
en0djK9.jpg

Hnng

Jaffe-made Zelda for PS4 confirmed.

Sony have one Zelda-like IP. Alundra.

I played the second one. It had charming characters and I if I remember correctly, extremely difficult puzzles...

I played it a long time ago. Heard the first one was the one to play years later, but with no frame of reference I remember quite liking Alundra 2.

why the sudden mentioning of zelda?

Jaffe is showing his game as you already know, and he had mentioned in the past an interest in making a game in the vein of Zelda.

Most likely survival horror if the teaser was any indication. I do hope it's similar to Zelda if I'm honest.

SDCowboy

Jaffe is showing his game as you already know, and he had mentioned in the past an interest in making a game in the vein of Zelda.

Most likely survival horror if the teaser was any indication. I do hope it's similar to Zelda if I'm honest.

How can it be similar to Zelda if it's a survival horror game?

I played the second one. It had charming characters and I if I remember correctly, extremely difficult puzzles...

I played it a long time ago. Heard the first one was the one to play years later, but with no frame of reference I remember quite liking Alundra 2.

Alundra 2 is pretty good, I think people don't like because it's far from anything Alundra 1 did. The first one also aged better (and is a better game overall imo), but 2 is pretty good.

Anyway, if Jaffe really wants to try and make something like Zelda, it's day 1 for me.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I would actually buy it, there aren't enough horror puzzle solving games in the world.

I was just joking about the small Link figurine on Jaffe's desk.

you never know, i bet jaffe is reading gaf right now... post something on this thread jaffe if you're there!

Zukkoyaki

Because Jaffe said on Twitter that their game isn't horror, but an action game. He also said don't look too much into the content of the video as he and his team just like making cool videos. Of course he could be lying, this is Jaffe.

DJIzana

Because Jaffe said on Twitter that their game isn't horror, but an action game. He also said don't look too much into the content of the video as he and his team just like making cool videos. Of course he could be lying, this is Jaffe.

If that's the case then considering me interested. Really hope it isn't another survival horror game. There's far too many of them now and honestly, that genre has never ever interested me.

DJIzana

Far too many horror games? Which ones?

PT is coming, there's The Evil Within, Outlast, Dying Light, RE Remaster, Alien Isolation, Daylight... Until Dawn. Obviously each game is different but I dunno... as I said. Survival Horror just really doesn't interest me in the slightest.

noah111

Still Alive
Man, Warhawk 2... take Warhawk PS3 (best multiplayer shooter of all time), add a refined version of Starhawk base building, a few creative new elements, and bam. The only multiplayer game I'll need all generation.

4 player splitscreen is mandatory, natch.
THIS.

Alundra 2 is pretty good, I think people don't like because it's far from anything Alundra 1 did. The first one also aged better (and is a better game overall imo), but 2 is pretty good.

Anyway, if Jaffe really wants to try and make something like Zelda, it's day 1 for me.

Where the puzzles as difficult as I remember them to be?

I imagine it's one or the other. Not like you can't have a survival horror game with zelda like dungeons or elements.

If you go by what Jaffe has shown interest for in the past, it could be Zelda like. If you go by the teaser, it's cleary survival horror.

Sony and Nintendo merger would be heaven.

Best of both worlds, with regards to IPs.
I had a dream last where there was a press conference or something a bunch of big wigs were at. Someone asked Iwata (I think) if there would ever be a PlayStation/Nintendo crossover game and he said "Obviously it will happen eventually."

Famassu

I think you're hoping for far too much there.
Too much? At minimum I expect to see a couple of new big exclusives from Sony or maybe a couple of more if they basically just show logos or something, a few new announcements from 3rd parties (not all exclusives and the exclusives could be something on the level of Disgaea 5 & Ys PS4/Vita) and a bunch of indies (which they have been showing a lot at these types of things) + them showing more of the games they HAVE announced. How is that too much? :D

Too much? At minimum I expect to see a couple of new big exclusives from Sony, a few new announcements from 3rd parties (not all exclusives and the exclusives could be something on the level of Disgaea 5 & Ys PS4/Vita) and a bunch of indies (which they have been showing a lot at these types of things) + them showing more of the games they HAVE announced. How is that too much? :D

How often do we see 'couple of new big exclusives' announced at one event?

Famassu

How often do we see 'couple of new big exclusives' announced at one event?
A lot? Just this year Sony had Bloodborne & Little Big Planet 3 as far as Sony first party exclusives go and Microsoft announced even more at E3. And I'd say it's about time Sony announces what at least a couple of their teams who have worked on their PS4 games for a long time have been doing from the many, many teams who have been silent for many years. I don't expect this event to have Santa Monica's AND Quantic Dream's AND Guerilla AND Media Molecule's AND Sony Japan's games all, some of those they'll leave for E3 and beyond, but at this point they should start having quite a few games in a state that they can and SHOULD be announced, especially after a relatively weak 2014 that has allowed Xbone to gather some steam when people see Xbone getting games & game announcements while Sony can't even get out the games they have announced with out year long delays and bad press. So yeah, I do think they'll show at least 2 new games WITH gameplay that will be released in the next year or so (Q1 2016 at latest) and maybe announce 1-2 more that they probably shouldn't even announce yet because they are so far off (maybe only with logos or short teaser trailers) with release dates 1,5+ years from now. It's a big PlayStation 20th anniversary event, they shouldn't shy out of showing a bit more of what is in store for the future.

I mean, if we look at Sony's E3, it was something like:

First look at Uncharted
No Man's Sky (console) exclusivity
Bloodborne announcement
Little Big Planet 3 announcement
Abzu announcement
Let It Die 3rd party exclusive announcement
Ratchet & Clank remake announcement
GTAV announcement
Dead Island 2 announcement
Paradox Interactive PS4 console exclusivity announcement
Mortal Kombat X announcement
Indie showcase
FarCry 4 gameplay shown
Grim Fandango announcement
+ a look at some of the games that had been announced earlier (The Order, MGSV, Destiny, Batman Arkham City and such)

How is what I suggested at all out of the realm of possibility when compared to just 6 months ago? If anything, I toned it down. I think you are ignoring the fact that Sony and other publishers have been relatively quiet for the beginning of this generation and are just getting up to speed with these new consoles (Sony released some big PS3 games in the last year or two and had to support Vita for a couple of years, which clearly affected 2014) and since many of those devs have not release anything for 1-3+ years, the next ~2 years should show what Sony can do when they only have to focus on one platform, which they might give us a look at at this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom