• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

New look at Wuthering Waves, one of the possible "Genshin Killers". I play this studio's hack and slash action game, and the combat and style is really good. Other stuff like story and dialogue less so.

Nankatsu

New look at Wuthering Waves, one of the possible "Genshin Killers". I play this studio's hack and slash action game, and the combat and style is really good. Other stuff like story and dialogue less so.

Combat wise it looks in a completely different league than Genshin (for the better).

Also character design is really on spot for me, each one looks very unique visually and in terms of gameplay style (of course early characters always feel more fresh and unique on the begining).

As for the story and dialogue, Genshin isn't exactly great in that regard too. The amount of times I skip dialogue in the game...

I'll definetely keep this on my radar.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Well the snow is all cleared up here, back to work. Going to really hamper my grinding… : (

Edit.
Nabbed an other copy of Chev tonight 😎 C3 now.

Last edited:
The livestream just finished on YouTube, and it's a dumpster fire.

First the codes:

The entire patch seems dedicated to shilling their latest boy toy: Gaming. The story, new area, everything is about this brat. Looks like they put a lot of effort into his kit and animations too. Good if you like him, but I don't give a fuck and it just makes me mad that other characters don't get the same treatment.

We already knew they sexually abused Xianyun, so no surprises there. The devs talk about her for a bit, and describe her as a support for everyone, but is only shown supporting Diluc. One of them even says "don't go too hard on us." No, I think I will. You deserve all the harsh criticism for ruining this highly anticipated character.

The only saving grace this update had, was the free skin selector. Turns out it's included with a $500 PS5 bundle. So no free skins for us apart from the Xingqiu's, which looks like him crossdressing as Furina. They're probably salty about Furina being a girl, so they did the next best thing and gave her outfit to a twink. Bravo. Ganyu's and Shenhe's don't seem any better than the base skins. Safety shorts, no cleavage, the usual for female character outfits nowadays. Probably censored in other ways too. Likely not worth getting for actual money.

So that leaves us with... Well not much. We're getting the free 4-star character and 13 wishes, in addition to whatever rewards we get from events and exploration. The new area looks good but I have no reason to engage with the new boss etc. because I ain't pulling. I haven't been this disappointed in a while, but MHY finds a way. Can't wait for them to fuck up 4.5 too!

Pejo

I ain't watchin' that shit, but oh boy that's hilarious.

Remands me of that old promotion they had that if you bought a Cadillac in CN you could get like 10k primogems or something. This sure won't fuel those jealous thoughts from the playerbase about Star Rail getting a brand new 5* character for free. Nope, not at all.

Man it's crazy how quickly miHoYo went from a pretty cool CN otaku company that made a few good games about cute girls with big boobs to this "high on their own supply" greed stricken shitheads. They don't even have shareholders since the company is private, so this is all self-driven. Not to mention how the mentally ill western regions have basically turned their games into the premier LGBTQIA+ experience, strictly on headcanon and shipping the characters with each other.

Sad thing is that the game is still really good, and getting better, but all the ancillary choices about the game, such as designs, character traits, monetization, player appreciation, etc is getting so much worse with each iteration.

Also I'm taking your word here, but how dare they focus on the lion twink instead of CR who they KNOW was hotly anticipated and subsequently gutted in beta.

Also I'm taking your word here, but how dare they focus on the lion twink instead of CR who they KNOW was hotly anticipated and subsequently gutted in beta.
It's all nicely visualized in the art for 4.4:
4.4_Header.jpg
Gaming's the main focus and CR is an afterthought, literally standing in the background. He's constantly brought up during the stream. He lives in the new area, so he represents that part of Liyue and its culture. He's involved with the Lantern Rite story and has his own dedicated mini-game. The new boss is explained through a cutscene centered around Gaming.

Could be that it's just the promotional material and that the actual game content is different, but I doubt it.

Pejo

It's all nicely visualized in the art for 4.4:

Gaming's the main focus and CR is an afterthought, literally standing in the background. He's constantly brought up during the stream. He lives in the new area, so he represents that part of Liyue and its culture. He's involved with the Lantern Rite story and has his own dedicated mini-game. The new boss is explained through a cutscene centered around Gaming.

Could be that it's just the promotional material and that the actual game content is different, but I doubt it.
Seriously why the fuck are they like this? Sure this game has a higher than average % of female players, but regardless of that he's the patch 4*. I just don't get it...

Historically female banners have always been the major sellers:
SKU00QA.jpg

The only males even in the top 10 are Ayato (clearly not the focus or the reason why the banner sold) and Venti, the very first banner when the game launched. Why do they ignore their own market and their own playerbase to constantly push these little manlets at us?

*edit* oh and Xiao, but that was Yelan's first banner and likely got the lion's share of the pulls.

Last edited:
Seriously why the fuck are they like this? Sure this game has a higher than average % of female players, but regardless of that he's the patch 4*. I just don't get it...

Historically female banners have always been the major sellers:

The only males even in the top 10 are Ayato (clearly not the focus or the reason why the banner sold) and Venti, the very first banner when the game launched. Why do they ignore their own market and their own playerbase to constantly push these little manlets at us?

*edit* oh and Xiao, but that was Yelan's first banner and likely got the lion's share of the pulls.
All of the recent Fontaine male characters flopped too. Neuvillette with his busted kit didn't even do that well. Maybe sales are different when you take all platforms and regions in consideration, but it shouldn't make that big a difference. Looks like MHY hasn't realized or is actively resisting the fact that this is a waifu game. I don't get why this is such a problem for them.

Pejo

All of the recent Fontaine male characters flopped too. Neuvillette with his busted kit didn't even do that well. Maybe sales are different when you take all platforms and regions in consideration, but it shouldn't make that big a difference. Looks like MHY hasn't realized or is actively resisting the fact that this is a waifu game. I don't get why this is such a problem for them.
The absolute strangest part, to me, is how sometimes they're all about money, and sometimes it seems like they don't give a shit.

Give us a free 5* or literally anything good for an anniversary? NO. GO TO HELL PLAYERS. WE WOULD LOSE TOO MUCH MONEY *shits and piss noises*

Push never-ending stream of low sales male characters for a year, neuter fan favorite characters' kits for no good reason in betas, disregarding massive fan backlash. IT'S JUST GOOD BUSINESS, PLAYERS. WATCH THIS CONCERT AND LOOK AT THESE REAL LIFE FOOD/CLOTHES/VEHICLE COLLABORATIONS. IN GAME COLLABORATIONS? NO! ONLY ALOY!

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Emotion Reaction GIF

Sounds to me like you've been properly Genshin-ized. Another 2 months you'll be cheering on small boys in short shorts.

*edit*

Fuck, just realized that Cloud Retainer is on the part 1 banner. I need to start farming Primos....
At least I’ll always have Yelan, Lisa, Beidou, Dehya, Raiden

Pejo

At least I’ll always have Yelan, Lisa, Beidou, Dehya, Raiden
Well it looks like the Star Rail team isn't afraid to shake it up a little. But that's just another head of the same beast, so I wouldn't be surprised if she catches a few Rosaria-tier nerfs before/if she is playable. Either that or they'll just Signora her so they don't have to deal with it.

jwdbb3k09hdc1.jpeg

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
After doing Eula’s story quest, I like her less lol.
What a delusional bitch. She needs to get with the times and move on. Still like her design and play style, but her personality sucks lol I’m just going to erase it from my head cannon.

-

Also, is it just me or is Tsurumi Island the gift that keeps on giving? Right when I think it’s over it pulls me back in. Same with the Tatarasuna Questline with Xavier. Now, that’s the same guy who was the producer for the Two Musketeers in the recent event right? If so that’s cool they brought him back later in Fontaine for the event, considering he’s from Fontaine. Having played the event first and just now going through the quests in Inazuma, it’s cool to go backwards and run into a character you know.

Pejo

After doing Eula’s story quest, I like her less lol.
What a delusional bitch. She needs to get with the times and move on. Still like her design and play style, but her personality sucks lol I’m just going to erase it from my head cannon.
I think one of the limited time events had a story that put Eula in a better light, but yea her story quest didn't do her any favors. Unlike a lot of Genshin characters, at least she's been shown to have some actual character progression/growth, but you're probably gonna have to youtube it if you care. That said, this ain't no Shakespeare, she just learns to ease up a bit and start to accept her friends and move on from her past. I wish she'd have come after they decided that they could go in after the fact and change some character voice lines after they've changed. I'd really like her one note "VENGEANCE!" thing to get toned down now that she's more chill in the story.
Also, is it just me or is Tsurumi Island the gift that keeps on giving? Right when I think it’s over it pulls me back in. Same with the Tatarasuna Questline with Xavier. Now, that’s the same guy who was the producer for the Two Musketeers in the recent event right? If so that’s cool they brought him back later in Fontaine for the event, considering he’s from Fontaine. Having played the event first and just now going through the quests in Inazuma, it’s cool to go backwards and run into a character you know.
You and I are the only 2 in the thread that liked Tsurumi I think. I loved it, and it's full of all sorts of untracked world quests after you beat the "main" storyline for it.

I also think that we're not done there even now, since I believe that's where Inazuma's Celestial Nail landed, which is the true cause of everything that happened there with the leylines of the Irminsul tree getting damaged by the nail and leaking the ghosts/fog out all over the island.

Pejo

So I still haven't watched the special program, but I'm reading some stuff on the leaks site that shines some light on CR's kit. From the comments:

The dev interview was the funniest bit of the stream. I remember one of them said that he wanted a character that he could use a lot in the overworld. Because a burst locked healer that has a 9 second cooldown on a worse wanderer skill is the perfect character for that.

They don't play their own game.
That's why I'm saying they didn't get to finish her properly. Like, I hear E was supposed to have a lot more freedom of motion, but one of the guys comments how they were getting dizzy just trying to use it, etc. If she could jump 3+ times Kazuha's height and then plunge not straight down, but laterally at whatever point you're aiming at, this would've genuinely rivalled the other two flyboys, CD notwithstanding.

The whole interview basically started with saying 'we needed her human form done by the Lantern Rite for story' and the rest of the dev team giving an even mix of 'we had difficulties', 'no comment' and 'pls no more bugs' in response, and that's on official video, so potentially divided by 10 from the real thing.

So I still haven't watched the special program, but I'm reading some stuff on the leaks site that shines some light on CR's kit. From the comments:
I understood the human form thing to be about the previous Lantern Rite, when her human form was shown in that animated cutscene. But yes, they did comment on the bugs and difficulties they had with her kit design. One guy even said "I just do as I'm told." Another thing I see people talk about is that the project manager for CR is a lady. Just putting that out there without any additional commentary.

Time constraints might partially explain CR's sorry state, but I don't think that's the whole story. They nerfed her as recently as a couple weeks ago by taking away her CC. They didn't have to do that. They could have easily tweaked things to make her more generally usable. Instead they made the conscious decision to make her a worse character. Their vision for this character was flawed from the beginning and they kept doubling down all the way to the end.

Whoever calls the shots is either as dumb as a bag of bricks or are actively sabotaging their own character.

Pejo

I understood the human form thing to be about the previous Lantern Rite, when her human form was shown in that animated cutscene. But yes, they did comment on the bugs and difficulties they had with her kit design. One guy even said "I just do as I'm told." Another thing I see people talk about is that the project manager for CR is a lady. Just putting that out there without any additional commentary.

Time constraints might partially explain CR's sorry state, but I don't think that's the whole story. They nerfed her as recently as a couple weeks ago by taking away her CC. They didn't have to do that. They could have easily tweaked things to make her more generally usable. Instead they made the conscious decision to make her a worse character. Their vision for this character was flawed from the beginning and they kept doubling down all the way to the end.

Whoever calls the shots is either as dumb as a bag of bricks or are actively sabotaging their own character.
Fair, I'll have to watch for context, but these images made me laugh, like they knew.
eosj8nl58ldc1.png

ly39z3hj8ldc1.png

Fair, I'll have to watch for context, but these images made me laugh, like they knew.
I was shocked they even put that in the video. Are they hoping people will take pity on them, or what was their aim? I hope they keeping doing this because it offers some insight into the goings on behind the scenes.

Pejo

I was shocked they even put that in the video. Are they hoping people will take pity on them, or what was their aim? I hope they keeping doing this because it offers some insight into the goings on behind the scenes.
I think it's pretty obvious that the rank & file employees want to make the best game they can and would rather not have to overly censor the game or make their characters suck, but it seems like either the big decision makers or the middle management is the problem. That's what I want to know.

Anyways, wish me luck brothers. I've got no plans for the rest of the night and the gf is out of town so I'm going to try to knock out as much of Fontaine as I can possibly get done in one night. I still have Navia's story quest and then all of the world quests/exploration to do for the areas after 4.0.

*edit*

Wuthering Waves character design changes from beta 1 to beta 2. Liking what I see here, like the anti-genshin. The tits got bigger, the furry got less furry, and the characters got more personality instead of less (I'm looking at you Klee walk and Nahida raspberry)
s895y2sqdodc1.gif

onawq4jkeodc1.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

Fun Navia mod
65a3e89c73f1f.jpg

*edit*

Well it's been several hours and I'm pooped. In all that time I did Navia's quest, a tiny bit of exploring, and up until the daily reset hard stop on the Melusine/robot detective quest. Needless to say I do not feel like I gained much ground tonight. I really enjoyed Navia's quest, but damn MHY likes dumping on that poor girl in the story. Also, they gave her comparable levels of Traveler thirst to Ayaka/Kokomi/Nilou/Keqing too, which I didn't expect. I find it interesting seeing which characters that MHY likes to try to push as 'love interests' over the others. They don't really seem to have a rhyme or reason to it.

I also finally understand those on-land bubble puzzles. Back when I first encountered one I skipped the tutorial because I was just trying to do the archon quest and I tried figuring it out on my own after that and was confused as fuck. Turns out you just need to get the octopus powerup thing then you can move them around.

Still so many quests with unskippable dialogue left to do, I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the time I have left before 4.4 drops.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I think it's pretty obvious that the rank & file employees want to make the best game they can and would rather not have to overly censor the game or make their characters suck, but it seems like either the big decision makers or the middle management is the problem. That's what I want to know.

Anyways, wish me luck brothers. I've got no plans for the rest of the night and the gf is out of town so I'm going to try to knock out as much of Fontaine as I can possibly get done in one night. I still have Navia's story quest and then all of the world quests/exploration to do for the areas after 4.0.

*edit*

Wuthering Waves character design changes from beta 1 to beta 2. Liking what I see here, like the anti-genshin. The tits got bigger, the furry got less furry, and the characters got more personality instead of less (I'm looking at you Klee walk and Nahida raspberry)
s895y2sqdodc1.gif

onawq4jkeodc1.gif
They all look much better and more detailed, the world doesn't look gray and ugly either, they have improved a lot, I hope they invite me to the beta.
They also redesigned 90% of the story.

deanote666

Still so many quests with unskippable dialogue left to do, I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the time I have left before 4.4 drops.
With Navia, you do clear her father's name and save her town

In the northern area, if you get the computer tapes before starting the quest, you spook the guy.

Pejo

With Navia, you do clear her father's name and save her town
Yea bit of a silver lining there I guess, but the emotional damage is already done. There were what, like 5 people from the whole town that showed up at the end? Not exactly a great example of Poisson's glowing appreciation. I was more surprised that she forgave the mustached guy that tried to kill her. Also it was revealed through the quest that at least some of the remaining Spina were against decisions her dad made, and that his legacy after her mother's death was more one of not listening to others and staying headstrong. Just seemed like more L's than W's overall. Definitely one of the character stories with the least happy bows wrapped on it by the end. I enjoyed the quest itself though and thought it was pretty well written. You can tell they already have a plan for part 2 of her quest, which is better than a lot of other characters got.
In the northern area, if you get the computer tapes before starting the quest, you spook the guy.
I don't know what you're talking about yet. the exploring I did was mostly in the bottom right region because that's where the Melusine/robot quest mostly took me. I know I'm doing it out of order.

They all look much better and more detailed, the world doesn't look gray and ugly either, they have improved a lot, I hope they invite me to the beta.
They also redesigned 90% of the story.
I have to wonder about this Chinese design philosophy though. It seems like the anime games I've seen from there all have this same design aesthetic of layered wavy asymmetrical clothes in a style I can only describe as "techwear", with the patented CN Censorshorts underneath. Like it's not unreasonable to swap these characters out with Star Rail characters and not even notice. Character design is one area that I still vastly prefer JP/KR games and something I think that CN devs need to expand on. I doubt there's much hope for change though, with the CCP on their end and zoomers brought up to expect and cheer for "safe horny" in the west.

deanote666

Yea bit of a silver lining there I guess, but the emotional damage is already done. There were what, like 5 people from the whole town that showed up at the end? Not exactly a great example of Poisson's glowing appreciation. I was more surprised that she forgave the mustached guy that tried to kill her. Also it was revealed through the quest that at least some of the remaining Spina were against decisions her dad made, and that his legacy after her mother's death was more one of not listening to others and staying headstrong. Just seemed like more L's than W's overall. Definitely one of the character stories with the least happy bows wrapped on it by the end. I enjoyed the quest itself though and thought it was pretty well written. You can tell they already have a plan for part 2 of her quest, which is better than a lot of other characters got.

I don't know what you're talking about yet. the exploring I did was mostly in the bottom right region because that's where the Melusine/robot quest mostly took me. I know I'm doing it out of order.

I have to wonder about this Chinese design philosophy though. It seems like the anime games I've seen from there all have this same design aesthetic of layered wavy asymmetrical clothes in a style I can only describe as "techwear", with the patented CN Censorshorts underneath. Like it's not unreasonable to swap these characters out with Star Rail characters and not even notice. Character design is one area that I still vastly prefer JP/KR games and something I think that CN devs need to expand on. I doubt there's much hope for change though, with the CCP on their end and zoomers brought up to expect and cheer for "safe horny" in the west.
Northern region being 4.1. Dude on broken bridge at mouth of river that flows towards the floating water cubes.

I wouldn't put too much weight to the number of npc's. The sumeru event with the research groups and kaveh was supposed to be a major sumeru event and there were a dozen people in the audience.

Pejo

Babe wake up, new Genshin drama just dropped:

More info. I fucking hate seeing that tectone knobhead being right about anything, but at least CN looks to be super pissed at 4.4. Hope some of it is backlash for focusing on the twink again instead of CR.

Last edited:
Why does CN feel there is favoritism to global audiences? It sounds like they got less rewards than us. Is that even possible? It doesn't help at all if they're only adjusting things for CN. Too bad there's not much of an effort elsewhere to 'resist.'

I don't follow their stupid Twitter account or anything, so the only way I can voice my opinions is here and in the surveys. The rewards themselves don't matter much to me but with the rest of the update looking like shit I expected some compensation for that.

Nankatsu

When does the new patch drop really?

Starting at the end of January, it's heavy hitter after heavy hitter - Like a Dragon 8, GranBlue Fantasy Relink, FFVII Rebirth...

I think I might step away from Genshin once more for a while. Cloud Retainer seems to be a mess and I prefer to channel my reduced gaming time to something else.

My guaranteed pity is saved until I see a character that I really want and doesn't suck.

deanote666

Starting at the end of January, it's heavy hitter after heavy hitter - Like a Dragon 8, GranBlue Fantasy Relink, FFVII Rebirth...

I think I might step away from Genshin once more for a while. Cloud Retainer seems to be a mess and I prefer to channel my reduced gaming time to something else.

My guaranteed pity is saved until I see a character that I really want and doesn't suck.
Always when the 2nd banner ends. Battle pass ends Sunday before the patch update and the patch update is always on Tuesday - American server days.

My new phone is supposed to arrive next week so I get to download the patch 3 times. (current phone, old phone for 2nd account, new phone)

Icymanipulator

Gold Member

Ya once FF7 Rebirth drops, that’s literally all I’m going to be doing. Will still try to log in only for dailies, and maybe drain energy, but that’s it.

I’ve been grinding the Raiden banner so hard the last week, it will be a nice break to play something else. Put everything else on hold, haven’t even played a single match of SF6 since the banner dropped lol

8 more days to try for her C2, I’ve completed nearly everything in Inazuma and have moved on to Sumeru, which is progressing nicely, have drained nearly 1/3 of the map (or more) already, I think I’ve done all the Aranra (mushrooms questline) and a few other quest chains. Might have to move on to Fontaine to keep my exploration gem rate up.

Last edited:

Pejo

So it looks like Chiori gets infusion after $$$$$. Undetermined if it's for just herself (boring) or if it's for the active character (potentially interesting).
4zer9cX.jpeg

Regarding this CN controversy stuff, looks like Reddit mods are deleting all of the threads mentioning it except one thread that said "It's really not that bad after all you guys". Then you go into that thread and over half of the individual posts are just outright deleted.

So nothing to see here, no war in Ba Sing Se.
iu

So it looks like Chiori gets infusion after $$$$$. Undetermined if it's for just herself (boring) or if it's for the active character (potentially interesting).
I'm expecting it'll just be self infusion at C6 so you can turn her into a DPS. The kit sounds pretty decent already (depending on the buffs I guess) so you can't expect too much else. I'm not planning on going for cons regardless.

Pejo

More info on the CN controversy from a CN player:
4cq2bjhyi3ec1.jpg

I get what they're saying. 4 years of Genshin and we're still getting crumbs compared to even HoYo's other games. I wish them luck on their endeavors. I don't follow any of their social media so I can't "unfollow" to join them.

*edit*

Star Rail designers are like "they really liked Seele the first time, let's make her again!"
zzet3cld14ec1.jpeg

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Purple hair hotties for eternity

Edit

YOOOOOOOOO
Raiden C2 is mine!!!!!!! 64 wishes!
Ubhhhhh yes yes yes
🤯🥳💕🤩😻❤️🥰😎🤓👻🤖

~20 pink wishes + ~24,000 gems initially, then grinding the game for 56 and 64 more wishes.
Got me her weapon and 3 copies, taking her to C2.

Exploration was obviously king for the gem grind, the story quests were nice too, 60 a pop + whatever else you pick up along the way. I haven’t done any of those 1 time domains nearly anywhere but Mondstat, so those were nice for 40 a piece. Then mostly just going down the list of blue world quests and grind grind grind. Moving to Sumeru once I had each area in Inazuma at 75% or greater was a smart move too, can’t waste time searching for a random chest here or there when other lands had barely been explored. Sumeru was the same basic plan except I did the first 3 parts of the story quest to just open stuff up. Oh also the Statues of the Seven were a nice bonus from exploring as those give you pink wishes too, and trading in sigils was also a good side effect from exploring. Last night I had even done a quick “world tour” of Fontaine just to speed up gem acquisition from exploration, got that fountain there built up a bit too.

Man what a journey, it’s all I’ve done since the banner dropped, and having 3 snow days really helped last week lololol damn, feels good to have Uber Raiden. She was already shredding things to pieces and her EoSF set still sucks lol, she’s going to be ridiculous now.

Along the way I got Chevruse to C3, Sara at C1, and Bennet, well let’s just not talk about how many copies of him I got… he’s been c5 for a while now. Keeping him there until I decide if I want to c6 him or not.

Ok, so I guess it’s time to slow down now, there’s no rush any more. Got done with 7 days left on the banner.
time to start saving again. I’m gut feeling to save for Navias rerun. Unless someone else amazing comes along, I wouldn’t mind getting a copy of Yae Miko, it I think she will appear soon so I won’t have enough time to save. I know she’s not considered that great ( or so I’ve read) but I don’t care lol, I like her design and character. Also maybe Shenhe someday.

That’s it, the grind is a wrap. Very happy.
Now I can play other games lol

Last edited:

Pejo

YOOOOOOOOO
Raiden C2 is mine!!!!!!! 64 wishes!
Ubhhhhh yes yes yes
🤯🥳💕🤩😻❤️🥰😎🤓👻🤖
Congrats! That's probably one of the best feelings when you work your ass off (for 'free') and get what you want. I hope to have that kind of luck with CR in a few weeks.

I myself made some good progress tonight. Finished up the Meripode quests and am sitting at 50%~ explored for the northern Fontaine region.

I have to hand to it to MHY world quest team (still the best content in the game). I didn't expect the Caterpillar quest to reference and tie in to so many previous world quests. The old man farmer got, albeit sad, closure and then something unexpectedly happy. The painter guy quest from Sumeru wrapped up nicely as well, and I love how everything fed back in to the Nzzerzrzrzekreutz Ordo from the 4.0 quests.

I'm a big fan of writing that remembers to pay off all the setups that they create during the game, something the archon quests and voiced character quests almost NEVER do.

Anyways, gonna try to get around 70-80% done in the northern region and move on to the next. I kinda regret burning so many wishes trying to get Chevreuse constellations now. I'm sitting in the 150~ wish range which isn't enough to guarantee C1 Cloud Retainer, and I'm not counting on winning any 50/50s since I've had such good luck with it lately. Think I won the last 4 in a row, so karma's gonna drag my ass down soon.

I'm really enjoying the Fontaine areas again, but man I can't help but wish the puzzles were just a bit harder. It'd be nice to have some thought go into it instead of just going through the motions.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo
Man when that gold came up last night I initially got so excited but had to hold my breath, if I had lost that 50/50 I’m not sure I would have had the will to continue lol, but it worked out and damn it feels good. Nothing quite like the feeling of a huge grind paying off.

I wish you luck on your grind for Cloud Retainer!

Edit.
Also helps that I got my first copy of Raiden in 2 10 pulls, if I had to go to pity, I don’t know if I would have made it.

Last edited:

Pejo

What? You don't like using color orb on color pillar 5 feet away?
So THAT'S how you solve those! Damn I've been grinding my brain on these 500IQ color puzzles.

But yea, I miss Inazuma puzzle complexity. I was wondering why they had so many of those alarm terminals in Meropide, turns out it was for like ~2 minutes of a single quest. You can't imagine how let down I was when I found out that's all that they were for. Almost as bad as the Pankration ring that I think we only interact with twice. (so far at least).

Quest stories have been enjoyable so far though, and at least with swimming, doing these easy ass puzzles at least feels fluid/looks pretty. I'm surprisingly pissed that I know I'm doing a lot of this stuff out of order though. Like I feel like I'm either spoiling myself on other quests or sneaking into areas that I otherwise shouldn't have known about yet. Eh whatever, I'll get over it.

The primos are steady but slow. I'm above 50% in all of the regions now, still haven't done anything in the research institute area floating in the sky. I've been doing the quests instead of just mindlessly roaming around and solving puzzles. I figure it'll be the quickest way to find all of the areas and the teleporters. I underestimated how long these quests were going to be though. I originally thought the new update dropped today, so I was happy to find out I still have a week. With the rest of this and all of Chenyu Vale in 4.4, I should be able to guarantee C1 Cloud Retainer regardless of luck, so that's good enough.

If I get her early/have extra, I'll probably just keep dumping into her banner to get either C2 or C1 + her weapon. I haven't decided which yet. The weapon is probably more utility if I want to actually try toilet plunge gameplay, but I do like the fancy glow from C2...

Guess we'll see how it plays out.

deanote666

So THAT'S how you solve those! Damn I've been grinding my brain on these 500IQ color puzzles.

But yea, I miss Inazuma puzzle complexity. I was wondering why they had so many of those alarm terminals in Meropide, turns out it was for like ~2 minutes of a single quest. You can't imagine how let down I was when I found out that's all that they were for. Almost as bad as the Pankration ring that I think we only interact with twice. (so far at least).

Quest stories have been enjoyable so far though, and at least with swimming, doing these easy ass puzzles at least feels fluid/looks pretty. I'm surprisingly pissed that I know I'm doing a lot of this stuff out of order though. Like I feel like I'm either spoiling myself on other quests or sneaking into areas that I otherwise shouldn't have known about yet. Eh whatever, I'll get over it.

The primos are steady but slow. I'm above 50% in all of the regions now, still haven't done anything in the research institute area floating in the sky. I've been doing the quests instead of just mindlessly roaming around and solving puzzles. I figure it'll be the quickest way to find all of the areas and the teleporters. I underestimated how long these quests were going to be though. I originally thought the new update dropped today, so I was happy to find out I still have a week. With the rest of this and all of Chenyu Vale in 4.4, I should be able to guarantee C1 Cloud Retainer regardless of luck, so that's good enough.

If I get her early/have extra, I'll probably just keep dumping into her banner to get either C2 or C1 + her weapon. I haven't decided which yet. The weapon is probably more utility if I want to actually try toilet plunge gameplay, but I do like the fancy glow from C2...

Guess we'll see how it plays out.
There's 2 separate major story lines in Meropide. I sent in a ticket to Mihoyo asking what gives since both treat it as it's your first time there and they said it was so you could play them in any order.

Also, in Meropide. there's a stealth mission. Even if you get past the people your own way, you can glitch the quest so do it their way. I spider man'd my way through it and glitched the quest to the point I had to restart it.

You have to complete the Caterpillar story line to finish the floating lab story line.

Make sure you interact with all of the machines in Meropide since some give chests.

Once you do the major story lines in Meropide, there's additional quests that pop up but I think those are time gated to the following IRL day for several days.

There's a couple daily commissions that reference the floating lab but not sure if you need to complete that story to get the dailies.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
When crafting various things does anyone know what bonus is better in the long run— 25% chance to refund some mats, or 10% chance to get double? Wondering if any players have broken this down. I usually stick with the 25% refund chance, but I’d be curious to see the math behind this.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

When crafting various things does anyone know what bonus is better in the long run— 25% chance to refund some mats, or 10% chance to get double? Wondering if any players have broken this down. I usually stick with the 25% refund chance, but if be curious to see the math behind this.
I looked into this before and the consensus was that in the long run the 10% change to get double is more beneficial but not by much.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I looked into this before and the consensus was that in the long run the 10% change to get double is more beneficial but not by much.
Nice, well anything helps. I’ll switch to that bonus then. Was always just one of those questions lurking in the back of my mind.

deanote666

I always go 25%.

The 10% is a better reward but in the long run, you'll probably get more from the 25% because 25% is bigger than 10%. (I didn't run the math but I'll take the higher chance at less than a lower chance at more since I'd rather get something as opposed to nothing.)

Last edited:

Pejo

I always go 25%.

The 10% is a better reward but in the long run, you'll probably get more from the 25% because 25% is bigger than 10%. (I didn't run the math but I'll take the higher chance at less than a lower chance at more since I'd rather get something as opposed to nothing.)
Replace the sign with the character trait and 'read' with 'math'. I was starting to do it via photoshop but it was gonna take too long for a shitpost.
sign.jpg

But yea it's not much of a difference either way in the long run with RNG.

I totally forgot I can actually go into the spiral abyss for the first time since 1.x, and get some more primos in there too.

Top Bottom