• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Looks like modding just went too far...
6595e3bd3deb4.jpg

iu

*edit*

Gundam_Ayaka.gif

Nice Aether costume too.
65972b0a37b00.jpg

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Looks like modding just went too far...
6595e3bd3deb4.jpg

iu
Funny Face Reaction GIF

That must look pretty gnarly in motion.

Nice Aether costume too.
65972b0a37b00.jpg

Yea I've been using this one, the physics on the cape is a bit stiff but otherwise it looks great.
Been playing geo traveler a bit with Navia since he's the only Geo character I have leveled. He's alright but would be so much better if his geo structures just exploded on impact instead of sticking around being a nuisance, and it's soooo annoying when it lifts up enemies.
bNa0FoF.jpg

This "Bloodrose Navia" skin is pretty well done too, along with the axe skin that goes with it.

uXO88sZ.jpg

QzbOiM1.jpg

so while navia is cool, she's not cool enough for me to dip into the iansan fund, but that clorinde girl looks pretty cool; when's clorinde?

Pejo

So I finally beat the Archon quest. It was.... ok.

Just a few things I wanted to mention while it's still fresh in my head:
  • Traveler felt like a bystander for most of it. It was the least involved we've ever been in a nation's story, and we truly were just a spectator/witness in the grand scheme.
  • Turns out my guesses several months ago (I think I made them after the summer Klee theme park event) were mostly right.
    • Fontaine people were all oceanids/water globs.
    • Oratrice was part archon. I thought it was going to be Egreria instead of the divinity half of Focalors, but still close.
    • The prophecy already happened (and was going to happen again but still).
  • The Skirk part was a major lore drop and she was a lot more amicable/talkative than I expected her to be. Definitely hope she's playable someday, love her design.
  • The entirety of Fontaine's problems originated from the Sinner's pet (Narwhal) that Childe accidentally woke up years ago. Kinda fucked, but the oratrice was right that it was all, in essence, Childe's fault.
  • This puts the Sinner at power levels exceeding an archon/Dragon Sovereign. Skirk is probably Archon level power, but it might be just that she can attune to the abyss and has mastery over it, to explain her ability to easy capture the Narwhal.
  • The whole thing was done to fool a prophecy, and by extension The Heavenly Principles. It doesn't seem like Celestia is even watching/alive anymore though so I wonder if all of the sacrifice was necessary.
  • I felt like the traveler was a real dick tricking Furina right when she was about to open up. They explain a bit later in the story that she was gonna clam back up and not be forthcoming anyways, but still I didn't feel good about any part we played in that Archon quest.
  • I know I'm the only one that likes him in this thread, but Childe pulling a 'Ragna the Bloodedge' with the Narwhal (fighting it solo for x number of days, to keep it contained) and coming out all anime style still fighting it in the opera house was badass. I think he easily has the best animated cutscenes out of any character in the game.
  • Feel very bad for Furina, even now. Getting to see her inner thoughts and problems was a nice touch to help build empathy for the character. The Archon quest just leaves her condition/status up in the air, so I'll have to do her character quest to see what happened to her afterwards.
  • Interesting that for the playable versions of the characters, Furina has the control over Pnemuousia and Neuvi does not, considering how things ended up.
  • Gnosis being the remains of the 3rd Descender is interesting as fuck. Can't wait to find out who it is. I was also surprised to see Traveler admit that they were the 4th Descender. Do you guys think that they're going to reveal that the 3rd Descender is the Twin, and they were killed/turned into Gnosis pieces and then their memory entered Irminsul, which is why they have records whereas we did not? I bet that's where the Traveler story is going. It's awfully suspicious that they liken the Traveler's ability to attune with any element to the power of the Gnosis.
  • Arlecchino giving subtle hints that they're collecting the Gnosi so they can be on the same footing as the Principles. Seems like people that speculated that the Harbingers are trying to wage war on Celestia were right. I get the feeling that either the Cryo archon is dead or captive at the hands of the Harbingers, and she has no power over her own nation. That's my guess at least.
  • Was surprised to see Mona there, and her bit with Nichole "N" was interesting, but ultimately didn't mean much. Still, it showed that the Hexenzirkel are watching our moves pretty closely and have a vetted interest in what we're doing in Teyvat. I'm excited to learn more about them as time goes on.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite Archon quest, but they did a good job fleshing out the characters and dropped a ton of lore which always makes me happy. Gonna try to knock out a few of the character quests I still have to do - Wrio/Furina/Navia.

Last edited:
Here's what I thought:

Speaking of the archon quest, it was good with lotsa drama and emotional impact, but how the story was written left little room for the cast to shine. Furina only gets a few scenes to preserve her mysterious part in the story. Arlecchino was disappointingly boring. Even the traveler's presence felt unnecessary. The only character with agency throughout was Neuvillette. His story is pretty interesting, but was it worth sacrificing everything else to tell it? I'm not so sure.

I really dislike how she's AKSHUALLY the lackey of some other dude. Please be excited for future mystery characters! That's what Skirk already was, and simply doing it again comes off as poor bait. The downfall of Fontaine being the result of Skirk "forgetting" to deal with the Narwhal is just... terrible writing. She got rid of it in a second, and she's supposed to be playable at some point? I won't be able suspend my disbelief enough when she turns out to be on the same level as normal vision holders.
I still mostly agree with this assessment. IMO Fontaine was a step down from Sumeru's writing. Everything after 3.2 was kinda ass though.

Pejo

I still mostly agree with this assessment. IMO Fontaine was a step down from Sumeru's writing. Everything after 3.2 was kinda ass though.
Agree with that. The ending of Sumeru's Archon quest where we fight Douche in a loop until we figure out how to beat him and become Nahida's "First Scholar" was pretty satisfying and badass.

I felt no satisfaction from this arc ending whatsoever.

Regarding Skirk:
I think if/when she becomes playable it'll be after a story event where she loses a chunk of her power or sacrifices it in order to stop something else from happening. Common trope as far back as Chrono Trigger when Magus joined the party, probably before that even. It's also possible that she only has high physical strength and mastery over abyss, which would put her sorta on the level of Xiao/Shenhe.

What are your thoughts on the 3rd Descender being the Gnosis? Sibling or nah?

Last edited:
Regarding Skirk:
I think if/when she becomes playable it'll be after a story event where she loses a chunk of her power or sacrifices it in order to stop something else from happening. Common trope as far back as Chrono Trigger when Magus joined the party, probably before that even. It's also possible that she only has high physical strength and mastery over abyss, which would put her sorta on the level of Xiao/Shenhe.
I guess that makes sense, although it seems kinda lame to me. I hope she gets betrayed by her master and turns against him. Fuck that guy, I already hate his negligent ass.

What are your thoughts on the 3rd Descender being the Gnosis? Sibling or nah?
That's what I assumed. Apparently Nahida has specifically said the sibling is not a Descender, because their journey is recorded normally in Irminsul, but maybe they became a part of Teyvat when they turned into the Gnosis? But my understanding of that lore is so flimsy that it doesn't count for much. By the time they bring this up again, I will likely have forgotten.

Pejo

I guess that makes sense, although it seems kinda lame to me. I hope she gets betrayed by her master and turns against him. Fuck that guy, I already hate his negligent ass.
Yea that'd be best case scenario. Either that or they do a bait and switch that the sinner was the good guy all along and he sends Skirk off to help us fight the real baddies.
That's what I assumed. Apparently Nahida has specifically said the sibling is not a Descender, because their journey is recorded normally in Irminsul, but maybe they became a part of Teyvat when they turned into the Gnosis? But my understanding of that lore is so flimsy that it doesn't count for much. By the time they bring this up again, I will likely have forgotten.
Well it's been a minute since I did that quest, but I recall that they said that Sibling is not a Descender because they have records existing of them within Irminsul, which only happens to beings native to Teyvat. But we saw through the Shogun story quest that the dead get absorbed into Irminsul and then sometimes leak out when roots get corrupted and exposed, which is exactly what the leylines and domains we farm are. So my theory is that Sibling had their adventure through Teyvat while we slept, attuned to all elements, got into it either with the Sinner or Celestia and got killed. Sibling's remains got turned into the Gnosis pieces and handed out to the Archons as an extra "boost" to fight off calamity/the Sinner/the Abyss. When the Sibling dies, they get absorbed into Irminsul and now there is a record of them, so they are no longer Descenders. Our interactions with Sibling in Dainsleif's quests are strictly their memories and their essence, they are long dead.

That's my take on it, at least.

That's my take on it, at least.
It just doesn't make much sense to me that they'd lose the title of Descender because of that. If the sibling met all the requirements to be called a Descender in the first place, their death shouldn't have any bearing on that IMO. And what about the other Descenders? Wouldn't they become a part of Teyvat after they died too? The term itself would be meaningless then. This entire mystery would just be riding on a technicality in terminology.

Pejo

It just doesn't make much sense to me that they'd lose the title of Descender because of that. If the sibling met all the requirements to be called a Descender in the first place, their death shouldn't have any bearing on that IMO. And what about the other Descenders? Wouldn't they become a part of Teyvat after they died too? The term itself would be meaningless then. This entire mystery would just be riding on a technicality in terminology.
You bring up some good points, but there's nothing that says the 1st and 2nd Descenders are dead. The only characters we ever hear talk about the Descenders are abyss related, Hexenzirkel (we know Alice is a Descender and alive), or the archons (related to Celestia). It's also kinda hinted that people remember that Sibling helped the Aranara a lot in the past, but nobody remembers their name, just as if they got Irminsul'd.

I don't have conclusive evidence, but I'm sticking with that as my guess of the big twist coming up in the Traveler's story.

You bring up some good points, but there's nothing that says the 1st and 2nd Descenders are dead. The only characters we ever hear talk about the Descenders are abyss related, Hexenzirkel (we know Alice is a Descender and alive), or the archons (related to Celestia). It's also kinda hinted that people remember that Sibling helped the Aranara a lot in the past, but nobody remembers their name, just as if they got Irminsul'd.

I don't have conclusive evidence, but I'm sticking with that as my guess of the big twist coming up in the Traveler's story.
I think your theory is right. I can't think of anyone else who could be the third Descender anyway. No one else is that important in the story, and I doubt they would just come up with a new one. I'm just complaining in advance about the terminology.

Nankatsu

So seems like Cloud Retainer got yet another nerf (that is if you intend to play her with Furina).

Her initial healing got nerfed, despite her healing more overtime, which means you will take more time to reach those fanfare stacks.

Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

jonnyXx

So seems like Cloud Retainer got yet another nerf (that is if you intend to play her with Furina).

Her initial healing got nerfed, despite her healing more overtime, which means you will take more time to reach those fanfare stacks.

Movie GIF by Star Wars

On one hand I get it, they're trying to carve a niche for her, on the other hand...fuck.
An Anemo healer with grouping for Furina teams really was too good to be true.

Pejo

Also slightly worse if you planned on trying that new healing artifact set (not that you should since VV is still better in non-geo/phys/dendro teams).

I seriously don't get these fucking guys. Clowns, each and every one of them.

Downgraded my goal to getting CR to C1 for the extra charge on her skill, then I'm done. Fucking idiots.

Nankatsu

Also slightly worse if you planned on trying that new healing artifact set (not that you should since VV is still better in non-geo/phys/dendro teams).

I seriously don't get these fucking guys. Clowns, each and every one of them.

Downgraded my goal to getting CR to C1 for the extra charge on her skill, then I'm done. Fucking idiots.

By now I'm not even sure if I'll pull her or just stack primos for Clorinde, that is if they don't screw her too.

Pejo

By now I'm not even sure if I'll pull her or just stack primos for Clorinde, that is if they don't screw her too.
I really echo the sentiments to look at Navia. If you need a female character that isn't ruined by MHY's incompetence, she's the best we've had in a very long time. Lots of flexibility on gear too, you most likely have something sitting around that will be just fine on her. Lots of flexibility for team comps as well.

The only real complaint I have with Navia is her (EN) voice got amplified in pitch and intensity for her attacks, sounds like a whole different character, like when they ruined Barbara's EN VA.

deanote666

Just a few things I wanted to mention while it's still fresh in my head:
  • Traveler felt like a bystander for most of it. It was the least involved we've ever been in a nation's story, and we truly were just a spectator/witness in the grand scheme.
  • Turns out my guesses several months ago (I think I made them after the summer Klee theme park event) were mostly right.
    • Fontaine people were all oceanids/water globs.
    • Oratrice was part archon. I thought it was going to be Egreria instead of the divinity half of Focalors, but still close.
    • The prophecy already happened (and was going to happen again but still).
  • The Skirk part was a major lore drop and she was a lot more amicable/talkative than I expected her to be. Definitely hope she's playable someday, love her design.
  • The entirety of Fontaine's problems originated from the Sinner's pet (Narwhal) that Childe accidentally woke up years ago. Kinda fucked, but the oratrice was right that it was all, in essence, Childe's fault.
  • This puts the Sinner at power levels exceeding an archon/Dragon Sovereign. Skirk is probably Archon level power, but it might be just that she can attune to the abyss and has mastery over it, to explain her ability to easy capture the Narwhal.
  • The whole thing was done to fool a prophecy, and by extension The Heavenly Principles. It doesn't seem like Celestia is even watching/alive anymore though so I wonder if all of the sacrifice was necessary.
  • I felt like the traveler was a real dick tricking Furina right when she was about to open up. They explain a bit later in the story that she was gonna clam back up and not be forthcoming anyways, but still I didn't feel good about any part we played in that Archon quest.
  • I know I'm the only one that likes him in this thread, but Childe pulling a 'Ragna the Bloodedge' with the Narwhal (fighting it solo for x number of days, to keep it contained) and coming out all anime style still fighting it in the opera house was badass. I think he easily has the best animated cutscenes out of any character in the game.
  • Feel very bad for Furina, even now. Getting to see her inner thoughts and problems was a nice touch to help build empathy for the character. The Archon quest just leaves her condition/status up in the air, so I'll have to do her character quest to see what happened to her afterwards.
  • Interesting that for the playable versions of the characters, Furina has the control over Pnemuousia and Neuvi does not, considering how things ended up.
  • Gnosis being the remains of the 3rd Descender is interesting as fuck. Can't wait to find out who it is. I was also surprised to see Traveler admit that they were the 4th Descender. Do you guys think that they're going to reveal that the 3rd Descender is the Twin, and they were killed/turned into Gnosis pieces and then their memory entered Irminsul, which is why they have records whereas we did not? I bet that's where the Traveler story is going. It's awfully suspicious that they liken the Traveler's ability to attune with any element to the power of the Gnosis.
  • Arlecchino giving subtle hints that they're collecting the Gnosi so they can be on the same footing as the Principles. Seems like people that speculated that the Harbingers are trying to wage war on Celestia were right. I get the feeling that either the Cryo archon is dead or captive at the hands of the Harbingers, and she has no power over her own nation. That's my guess at least.
  • Was surprised to see Mona there, and her bit with Nichole "N" was interesting, but ultimately didn't mean much. Still, it showed that the Hexenzirkel are watching our moves pretty closely and have a vetted interest in what we're doing in Teyvat. I'm excited to learn more about them as time goes on.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite Archon quest, but they did a good job fleshing out the characters and dropped a ton of lore which always makes me happy. Gonna try to knock out a few of the character quests I still have to do - Wrio/Furina/Navia.
We met our twin in the upside down statue story line so they're still alive.

Pejo

We met our twin in the upside down statue story line so they're still alive.
We also interacted with the old tea master and physically fought the dead samurai that leaked out of the leylines in Shogun's story quest, so that doesn't rule it out. I think the various bits we've learned across the nations have been setting up the "sibling is dead" route the more I think about it. Like how else would a descender not from Teyvat end up in Irminsul, unless her essence or spirit or whatever actually entered Irminsul by dying. Makes more sense the more I think about past events, because it ties in everything we learned about dying/spirits/leylines from various Shogun/Hu Tao/Nahida quests, on top of making sense of the Caliburn quest where we assume the role of the other sibling.

Last edited:

deanote666

We also interacted with the old tea master and physically fought the dead samurai

that leaked out of the leylines in Shogun's story quest, so that doesn't rule it out. I think the various bits we've learned across the nations have been setting up the "sibling is dead" route the more I think about it. Like how else would a descender not from Teyvat end up in Irminsul, unless her essence or spirit or whatever actually entered Irminsul by dying. Makes more sense the more I think about past events, because it ties in everything we learned about dying/spirits/leylines from various Shogun/Hu Tao/Nahida quests, on top of making sense of the Caliburn quest where we assume the role of the other sibling.
The archons have had the gnosis for 2000+ years. . Nahida said in the wanderer quest that your twin first appeared in khaenri'ah so the twin would have to popped in 2000+ years ago. Plus the twin traveled with Dainslef so we need to know whether that occured before or after the downfall of khaenri'ah. Then again, Caliburn happened after the fall of khaenri'ah so the twin would need to be 1500+ years old at that time. That is, unless they go full Final Fantasy X where the dead roam around indefinitely.

Last edited:

Pejo

The archons have had the gnosis for 2000+ years. . Nahida said in the wanderer quest that your twin first appeared in khaenri'ah so the twin would have to popped in 2000+ years ago. Plus the twin traveled with Dainslef so we need to know whether that occured before or after the downfall of khaenri'ah. Then again, Caliburn happened after the fall of khaenri'ah so the twin would need to be 1500+ years old at that time. That is, unless they go full Final Fantasy X where the dead roam around indefinitely.
What's your source on the 2000 year old Gnosis? Most of the archons aren't even that old.

deanote666

What's your source on the 2000 year old Gnosis? Most of the archons aren't even that old.
Archon is a title that can be passed on. They have gnosis but it was never said they were the original owners. This says the gnosis came at the conclusion of the archon war, which was 2000+ years ago and implies that the gnosis are connected to the heavenly principles.
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Gnosis

Last edited:

Pejo

Archon is a title that can be passed on. They have gnosis but it was never said they were the original owners. This says the gnosis came at the conclusion of the archon war, which was 2000+ years ago and implies that the gnosis are connected to the heavenly principles.
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Gnosis
So it looks like there's nothing explicit saying that they were given at the time the archon war ended, just:
It is implied that the Gnoses were rewarded to the gods who emerged victorious from the Archon War.[3]
But really they could have been given at any point after the archon war, it's just stated that the archons/gods didn't have them beforehand.

I see where you're going with it, but I still think the dead sibling stuff holds some water. Also MHY isn't famous for being consistent with lore from early to mid to endgame, ask any Honkai Impact player.

deanote666

So it looks like there's nothing explicit saying that they were given at the time the archon war ended, just:

But really they could have been given at any point after the archon war, it's just stated that the archons/gods didn't have them beforehand.

I see where you're going with it, but I still think the dead sibling stuff holds some water. Also MHY isn't famous for being consistent with lore from early to mid to endgame, ask any Honkai Impact player.
KNlgZgh.png

It is also implied that the gnosis represent the control of the heavenly principles on Teyvat. That's why Nahida implied the heavenly principles would wake up if she destroyed hers at the end of her archon quest. If the gnosis was from an outsider and the heavenly principles wants to defend the Teyvat against outsiders, then the heavenly principles would want the gnosis destroyed.

Last edited:

Pejo

It is also implied that the gnosis represent the control of the heavenly principles on Teyvat. That's why Nahida implied the heavenly principles would be angry if she destroyed hers at the end of her archon quest. If the gnosis was from an outsider and the heavenly principles wants to defend the Teyvat against outsiders, then the heavenly principles would want the gnosis destroyed.
I look at the gnosis itself as a sort of battery. A little chess piece that has super concentrated high reserves of elemental energy, probably set with limits and rules by Celestia. As such, it's possible that the HPs created the gnosis pieces out of the 3rd descender BECAUSE of their natural ability to attune to and channel elemental energy, because nothing native to Teyvat could do that, especially with each different opposing element. I assume there's some sort of monitoring function built into them too, but again this is something that the HPs/Celestia likely created, not something that came to Teyvat as an already constructed set of Gnosis pieces.

This is oversimplified and likely out of order because I haven't been reading updates to the lore for 6+ months, but in my head to the best of my memory it goes:
  1. Dragon sovereign rule, elemental energy abundant in Teyvat.
  2. HP/Celestia comes to Teyvat, first Descender.
  3. At some point Celestia takes the dragons down and establish themselves as the masters of Teyvat
  4. Phanes creates or favors humanity, helps them flourish. Probably 2nd descender in this period (sinner probably?)
  5. Humanity becomes great, Phanes gets killed/split into shades, ancient civilization etc. Abyss shit starts
  6. Archon war
  7. Twins come to teyvat = Khaenri'ah disaster, more abyss shit.
  8. Current day
So my guess is that the gnosis pieces were made between 6 and 8, but it's possible that you're right and they were created back during 4-5 too. For my original idea to work, the gnosis pieces would have been created after 7, after the sibling adventured through Teyvat and Khaenri'ah got destroyed. But I've long held a belief that the twin died in Khaenri'ah even before we learned about the ability for people to live on inside Irminsul via leylines, which just reinforced it.

Still trying to raise Navia, the frustrating stamina system really drags this out...

Question about the way Navia's signature artifact set works, Nighttime Whispers.

When it reads:
4-Piece: After using an Elemental Skill, gain a 20% Geo DMG Bonus for 10s. While under a shield granted by the Crystallize reaction, the above effect will be increased by 150%, and this additional increase disappears 1s after that shield is lost.

Does that mean the first shot of her skill doesn't benefit from the set? So essentially:
Run through rotation​
Fire first ES with Navia, with zero bonus from artifact set​
Within 10s of that, fire the second ES and benefit from the 150% bonus​

Barring of course if you could actually run through your entire rotation in less than 10 seconds, but I think with animations that's actually impossible.

Pejo

Man Navia makes that Narwhal boss so much easier. Also makes that stupid 2 hilichurl tower daily actually fun.

I realized after playing her for a while that the general flow of her kit is exactly the same as the DPS Shenhe I've been using. Start fight with Burst, imbue, 2x big damage nukes on elemental skill. The only difference with Shenhe is that I need to bring Chongus along for the imbue, and Navia's kit was actually designed to work like that, so it feels like a big QoL improvement having the imbue being tied to her skill.

deanote666

Still trying to raise Navia, the frustrating stamina system really drags this out...

Question about the way Navia's signature artifact set works, Nighttime Whispers.

When it reads:

Does that mean the first shot of her skill doesn't benefit from the set? So essentially:
Run through rotation​
Fire first ES with Navia, with zero bonus from artifact set​
Within 10s of that, fire the second ES and benefit from the 150% bonus​

Barring of course if you could actually run through your entire rotation in less than 10 seconds, but I think with animations that's actually impossible.
After using her E once, her physical turns to geo for 4 seconds so you'll get a boost on her regular attacks as well so space out using her second E.

Man Navia makes that Narwhal boss so much easier. Also makes that stupid 2 hilichurl tower daily actually fun.
I don't know if it's the honeymoon period, but I feel like she's one of the best characters they've ever released. A total outlier in their line-up.

To make things even better, I was able to snipe Chevreuse in 20 wishes. I'll be trying her out next, but I didn't pre-farm much of anything for her.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
GOT RAIDEN IN 20 PULLS!

first 10 I got Chevreuse, next 10 got Raiden!

Ok I have a lot of resources left, what’s better for Raiden, her weapon or C1?

Pejo

GOT RAIDEN IN 20 PULLS!

first 10 I got Chevreuse, next 10 got Raiden!

Ok I have a lot of resources left, what’s better for Raiden, her weapon or C1?
Out of those two choices, I think the weapon. Most people considered the best 'value' for the pulls for SubDPS Raiden to be C2 with the Catch. Thundering Pulse is a great off-banner pickup for any bow DPS character too in the case you lose to it. Then again, weapon banner is ruthless and you can lose to any 5* weapon the first two times, so it's never a great option to begin with.

I think C1 has minimal benefit without her C2 though, is my opinion.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Out of those two choices, I think the weapon. Most people considered the best 'value' for the pulls for SubDPS Raiden to be C2 with the Catch. Thundering Pulse is a great off-banner pickup for any bow DPS character too in the case you lose to it. Then again, weapon banner is ruthless and you can lose to any 5* weapon the first two times, so it's never a great option to begin with.

I think C1 has minimal benefit without her C2 though, is my opinion.
I was looking at her C2, and ya I can see how huge that is. Damn. I can make the catch and maybe try to for C2… hmmm gotta think more

Nankatsu

Damn, Chevreuse seem really good, but I don't want to spend my primos for Raiden C1 or Yoimiya.

Guess it's another skip.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Well on the one hand I got Raiden’s weapon, on the other I now have zero wishes and 80 primos left 😅 All those months of saving… Guess it’s time to start again. Not sure who I even want next. Have mostly everyone I like now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well on the one hand I got Raiden’s weapon, on the other I now have zero wishes and 80 primos left 😅 All those months of saving… Guess it’s time to start again. Not sure who I even want next. Have mostly everyone I like now.
Congrats! Hope you enjoy her after all that spend.

This will be us together after Cloud Retainer drains me.
sad on a budget GIF

my primogems, I mean.

Nankatsu

Spend 20 wishes on Yoimiyas banner, lost my 50/50 for... Qiqi.

On the bright side I also got a chevreuse on the same multi, so yeah, at least I got her.

No idea if she's usable at C0.

Now I have guaranteed for Cloud Retainer...if I end up pulling for her. No way I'm chasing Chevreuse constellations now.

Last edited:

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Oh ya, I also hit my personal limit of spending for f2p games, the price of a full game. I actually hit $70 back on the wrio banner going for his C1 (which I got 😎)

I factor in 4 welkin passes and 3 battles passes as “dlc” ~50$ since packages like these have the most impact when you are starting out.

And now I’m just here for the show and to enjoy my game and file, and the nice roster of amazing characters I have. I’d been putting off Sumeru for a while now because I am running out of main story with Inazuma done and I really wanted to experience the rest with Raiden and a couple more or less fully fleshed out teams, which I now have. All the pieces have come together!!!

I feel like I’ve got my moneys worth, nearly 500 hours later it’s been an amazing journey so far. But unless there’s some insanely amazing deal in the future or they ever start doing 99¢ bundles that provide excellent value… I’m out, I’m washing my hands of the whole situation!

Excited to get going to Sumeru once Raidens done. She just needs some books, and her weapon built up. She has a decent place holder set from EoSF pieces I had laying around farming for Yelan, but I can just work on artifacts as I go, I think it may take a long while, I want to make her a really good set lol

On a side note:
Man, pre farming really is the way to go, so much of the heavy lifting done, less waiting for a character to be ready to use.

Edit.
Actually next character I may save for would be Navia. By the time she has a rerun, I should have enough for at least a 50/50 shot. Raiden used my guarantee so we’ll see

Last edited:
Man, Chevreuse's booty is like a black hole. They removed all cell shading around that area and it looks really weird. It's easily visible when gliding.

Pejo

So it looks like Chiori is 4.5 and she's 5* GEO.

gronfx.png

If the other rumors can be believed she's gonna be a DEF scaling sword sub DPS.

Meh.

I'm personally excited to increase my roster of Geo characters, but I doubt many people are jumping at the opportunity to pull a 5-star Geo sub DPS. She might fit in some mono teams with Itto, Lyney or Neuvillette, but most other reaction-based teams would only suffer with off-field Geo application. She probably would have been better off as a 4-star so she wouldn't require so much investment.

Anyway, I'm game as long as she works well with Navia. Hopefully the free event weapon for 4.5 will be a decent sword she can use.

Top Bottom