• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Just give Chiori something like:
When chiori creates a crystallize reaction all team members gain +50% attack, +25% crit rate, and ignores 25% of enemy defense or something else just as ridiculous

edit
Nankatsu Nankatsu
I’ve been keeping my eye on, didn’t care for the new fighting game tho.

Last edited:
A bunch of questionable leaks just dropped.

Chiori would buff Geo constructs and thus support Albedo and Zhongli. She doesn't have a construct herself though. Her buff depends on how many crystallize shards exist on the field that have not been picked up. Sounds anti-fun and like something no one asked for, so there's a decent chance this is true.

Clorinde and Sigewinne would work together in an electrocharged team. Clorinde would be the main DPS and Siggy a sub DPS. Unclear if Siggy is a 4-star. Clorinde might also work in overload.

4.6 would also introduce new artifact sets for overload and electrocharged.

On the one hand it's cool if they give some love to underutilized reactions and mechanics, but they risk alienating a portion of the player base who are not interested or invested in those characters. They should ensure people have a good reason to want to use these things before they release supports for them.

Pejo

Anyone here targeting Gran Blue Fantasy Relink? :messenger_ghost:
I was a bit miffed that they censored the girl's designs, but I'll probably pick it up down the road. I played the browser game for a few years (still log in for free seasonal stuff) and I loved the first fighting game. Did not buy the sequel though due to various disappointments with the gameplay changes and the roster being almost all the fujo favorite characters.

A bunch of questionable leaks just dropped.

Chiori would buff Geo constructs and thus support Albedo and Zhongli. She doesn't have a construct herself though. Her buff depends on how many crystallize shards exist on the field that have not been picked up. Sounds anti-fun and like something no one asked for, so there's a decent chance this is true.

Clorinde and Sigewinne would work together in an electrocharged team. Clorinde would be the main DPS and Siggy a sub DPS. Unclear if Siggy is a 4-star. Clorinde might also work in overload.

4.6 would also introduce new artifact sets for overload and electrocharged.

On the one hand it's cool if they give some love to underutilized reactions and mechanics, but they risk alienating a portion of the player base who are not interested or invested in those characters. They should ensure people have a good reason to want to use these things before they release supports for them.
Just caught up on this myself.

We'll see how much her buff does, but wasting a party slot just to make Albedo somewhat consistent sounds awful, considering he's meant as a subDPS himself. I'm glad I didn't really like her character in the story and that her design is very boring/covered up, so this one stings less for me than it could have.

Chlorinde working for either Electro Charged or Overload is fine I guess. I don't like characters designed for only one type of team by default, so hopefully it's just that she fits well but isn't limited to it. At least she's an on-fielder. Sige I don't care one way or the other about, I hate kid characters.

*edit*

Speak of the devil:
XMURbt3.jpeg

I find it funny that MHY's kit designers are so creatively bankrupt that they've turned to just limiting teambuilding as a way to try to get people to pull for/be interested in characters. Probably gonna have some damage enhancing passive and a single pop elemental skill with a AoE pop Burst, like Chev.

Last edited:
I find it funny that MHY's kit designers are so creatively bankrupt that they've turned to just limiting teambuilding as a way to try to get people to pull for/be interested in characters. Probably gonna have some damage enhancing passive and a single pop elemental skill with a AoE pop Burst, like Chev.
If their new modus operandi is simply to release Nilou-esque characters for every reaction, the novelty's gonna wear off real fast.

Pejo

Wonder if this is for new weapons or letting us select an existing 5* weapon. Wonder if it's limited vs. the standard 5*s. Depending on the price, it's probably well worth it vs. gambling on the weapon banner.

M9YDauw.jpeg

Sounds like a precaution in dealing with those gacha regulations that came out of China a month or so ago.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I decided against saving anything for Navia just yet, I’m just throwing everything I get, as I get it, at the Raiden banner until it ends. lol. No real money, just gems from quests and stuff. I’ll start saving again after the banner passes, hopefully I can snipe a Raiden and/or Chevreuse constellation before it’s up 😎 it’s rather freeing not caring about saving anymore. Just spend it all, who cares! So far I’ve gotten a copy of Sara, who I didn’t have, so that’s nice. But I also got another gold but it was Qiqi, this was within like 12 wishes hahahahaha, if I can get another gold before the banner ends I’ll have Raiden C1, I think if I grind I can do it 🤓 what like 16 days or something? Plenty of time to get enough for another gold I think.

jonnyXx

Decided to try for Navia's set last week so she can have her own set and not have to manually switch artifacts around.
Already regretting that decision though. Got 1 good piece so far and it turned out like this.

iw4ThqG.jpg

The RNG loves to dodge crits stats.

jonnyXx

Wonder if this is for new weapons or letting us select an existing 5* weapon. Wonder if it's limited vs. the standard 5*s. Depending on the price, it's probably well worth it vs. gambling on the weapon banner.

M9YDauw.jpeg

Sounds like a precaution in dealing with those gacha regulations that came out of China a month or so ago.
Of course they have to be sold as part of some package and not directly purchasable on their own. Anything to squeeze as much money from people as possible.

What I hate about f2p games is that pricing on in game purchases is always targeting the whales. One in game item can cost more than a full game. That's ridiculous.

Decided to try for Navia's set last week so she can have her own set and not have to manually switch artifacts around.
Already regretting that decision though. Got 1 good piece so far and it turned out like this.
Guess I should be happy with what I've been getting up 'till now:

6DikGoO.jpg

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I spent most of last night in Enkanomiya. Didn’t even know this was a thing. I was just clearing out quests for gems and come across this quest line that just never seems to end and introduces me to a whole new area. I guess this is the “dragon spine” of Inazuma?
Also:
DAMN this place is so cool, how do they do it? How many cool areas does this game have? Feel like it’s endless. How fun🤩 The whole day night puzzle thing was cool, new enemy types everywhere, interesting story, tons and TONS of gems from chests, achievements, etc.

O0agc0H.jpg

Good shit.

Have continued to throw every 160 right into the Raiden banner, so far nothing but a copy of Bennett and the bow Stringless.

Edit.
Have Raiden at 90 and her weapon is like 88.
Decent place holder EoSF set, and she’s very impressive. She is harder to pilot then I had anticipated, but I’m starting to get the hand of it. Right now I’m enjoying her most in a dual dps team with Eula. It’s been fun, also because Eula had been on the bench for a while now, so it’s nice to see her again. Getting serpent spine to 90 and Eula on her way to 90, I can already see the difference it’s made.

I don’t really have Dendro other then collei so I’ve largely ignored it. I’ve messed around with double electro and anemo, and a few other teams, over load is fun lol not sure how I’ll end up but this is the roster I’m working with if you guys have any thoughts for Raiden teams.

0JfrNCW.jpg

vaf1OJ4.jpg

Last edited:
this is the roster I’m working with if you guys have any thoughts for Raiden teams.
I'd save your primos and guaranteed pity for Nahida. She's getting a banner in the next update (first half supposedly) and she's absolutely busted and works great with Shogun. Nothing wrong with aiming for cons on Shogun, but C1 kinda sucks, so you might as well save that for later and go straight for C2 or C3 on her at some other time. Just my two cents.

Nankatsu

Any active Honkai Star Rail players here?

I've been playing quite a bit recently and as Year 0 Genshin player, why does the game feel harder to farm / increase your trailblaze level? What am I doing wrong?

I just arrived at the 2nd world, and barely managed to clear the equilibrium level 2 stage.

I like the challenge, but somehow I get the feeling the game tries to make itself more difficult than what actually is.

I'm running a team with Bailhu, Blade, Bronya and March 7, which for a early beginning team is actual good, and yet...

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been playing quite a bit recently and as Year 0 Genshin player, why does the game feel harder to farm / increase your trailblaze level? What am I doing wrong?

I just arrived at the 2nd world, and barely managed to clear the equilibrium level 2 stage.

I like the challenge, but somehow I get the feeling the game tries to make itself more difficult than what actually is.

I'm running a team with Bailhu, Blade, Bronya and March 7, which for a early beginning team is actual good, and yet...
Since player skill is taken out of the equation due to being turn based, it's strictly a numbers game. If you're having issues, it's either team comp, artifacts, light cones, or levels/traces. I know it's possible, but I would never use Blade myself without being paired with Luocha. The automatic heals that don't take any skill points is just too perfect for Blade's suicidal gameplay. Your team comp specifically sounds very skill point greedy since Bronya ideally wants to skill every turn, and Bailu's healing is random. Also Bailu not having a cleanse really sucks, but at least March can cover for her at one of her Eidolons.

With Blade, you want to build pretty much only HP and then crit stats, as he scales awful with attack. With running only Blade as a damage carry, your kills are gonna be on the slower side anyways unless he's absolutely stacked. Also for any enemy that isn't Wind coded, your breaking their toughness basically doesn't exist.

I've tried many different types of teams, and I find that the best ones for general content are usually 2x dps, 1 support, 1 sustain. Maybe try swapping out Bailu for another DPS and see if your combat improves. The nice thing about Star Rail is that other than Simulated Universe, you can heal after pretty much every encounter, so healers aren't strictly necessary. Though again, if you're making Blade a carry, i dunno how it would feel to survive only off of his Ult to heal him.

Well from that Korean blimp drama, we know a radical Korean feminist is one of the character artists as a fact now, so...
Sure, but I didn't think there'd be a widespread agenda within the company to promote certain types of content. That seemed a bit too crazy to be true, but I'm starting to believe...

jonnyXx

Had 2 in set geo goblets and no rolls went to the crit stat jonnyXx jonnyXx

Navia is my first 10/10/10 character.

Set could be better but that domain has worse drops than the fire artifact domain.

Artifact RNG dodging those crit stats like
GIF by Shalita Grant

I don't know what's worse, loosing a 50/50 or an artifact that avoids all the good stats when leveling. Honestly the artifact might be worse because loosing a 50/50 at least nets you a guarantee.
With artifacts there are never any guarantees.

jonnyXx

Dang, lost on Raiden to Tighnari and no Chevreuse along the way.
I've wanted to get Tighnari for a while though so it's not too bad.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
On my gem grinding adventure I went back and FINALLY opened that door in Liyue for the 9 pillars of peace. I had been waiting for months to get the rest of geoculus and level up the shrines in liyue to 9.

Talk about a disappointment, a couple chests and a ring you can sell to some vendors. Am I missing something here? Just thought it would be…more.
Soemthing
Anything, just more.

Last edited:
Wait so is his weapon never going to be accessible again since he is standard banner?? Also Dehya's weapon.
For now neither of them are available. But there's talk about a paid weapon bundle and/or additional banners where they could easily show up again.

On my gem grinding adventure I went back and FINALLY opened that door in Liyue for the 9 pillars of peace. I had been waiting for months to get the rest of geoculus and level up the shrines in liyue to 9.

Talk about a disappointment, a couple chests and a ring you can sell to come vendors. Am I missing something here? Just thought it would be…more.
Soemthing
Anything, just more.
1.0 content was a bit more basic like that.

Pejo

Dang, lost on Raiden to Tighnari and no Chevreuse along the way.
I've wanted to get Tighnari for a while though so it's not too bad.
There's leak rumors of a 3rd banner type coming in the 4.5 version, where you can set epitomized paths for older limited 5* and likely their weapons. I'd assume Dehya and Tighnari's weapons will end up in that situation.

Talk about a disappointment, a couple chests and a ring you can sell to some vendors. Am I missing something here? Just thought it would be…more.
Soemthing
Anything, just more.
This was the moment that it sunk in to me that Genshin wasn't gonna be about cool unique loot and to just embrace the primogems grind. I dunno if you did the Chasm quests yet, but the one quest there left me literally speechless where you do a long like 10 step quest related to ancient powerful gear and it ends up being a generic 4* artifact set. Those cheap ass sons of bitches couldn't even make it a 5* set.

I was flabbergasted at that bullshit.

deanote666

Wait so is his weapon never going to be accessible again since he is standard banner?? Also Dehya's weapon.
They're currently not available in the standard or weapon banners so it's up to the whim of mihoyo to release them again.

Soemthing
Anything, just more.
That chest was one of the first 5* artifacts you may have gotten back in 1.0.

That was back when ruin hunters haunted your dreams as one of the strongest enemies in the game. I beat it the first time by hiding on the stairs and sniping the ruin hunter with Fischl. Couple of tense moments when it was able to get up the stairs.

You also get a recipe for a buff food.

Pejo

New Dev Diary. I for the life of me can't tell if the Custom Artifacts loadout acts as a proper "save a specific layout" or if it just lets you fine tune the auto-equip feature. If it doesn't let us save specific sets, it's a colossal amount of work wasted on a function that nobody's asking for.
n5u2pi4pxwcc1.gif

jpdthxhpxwcc1.gif

fd1mqstpxwcc1.jpg

This last page highlights are more party slots, borderless mode (but they STILL aren't letting us do non-native exclusive fullscreen :messenger_angry:) and what appears to be trying to fuck up mods AGAIN.

Sakura

It probably feels harder to farm because you have played Genshin so long, have many characters, resources, etc. For example I don't play Genshin much, but was playing again recently and find it very grindy trying to make my team stronger, what with having certain materials only farmable on certain days, not being able to just teleport to grab whatever materials you need, no auto, etc.

Anyway, when I started I just used Pera, Physical Protag, March 7, and Seijaku to clear the second world (I'm assuming you are including the space station as the first world). After that at some point I got Silver Wolf and swapped Seijaku with her, and used that team up to the end game without much difficulty. I'm not too familiar with the English spellings of the names aside from some, but Seijaku is the mahjong girl.
Personally, when I was playing, I never found much use for healers. I got Bailhu at the beginning of the game, and have never used her once. March 7's shields were always enough for me, protag does decent enough DPS, and Pera reduces enemy defence with her ultimate.

Are you using that team just because they are 5 stars or because the team comp is actually good? If it is supposed to be a good comp, then maybe what they have equipped is the issue?

Last edited:

Nankatsu

It probably feels harder to farm because you have played Genshin so long, have many characters, resources, etc. For example I don't play Genshin much, but was playing again recently and find it very grindy trying to make my team stronger, what with having certain materials only farmable on certain days, not being able to just teleport to grab whatever materials you need, no auto, etc.

Anyway, when I started I just used Pera, Physical Protag, March 7, and Seijaku to clear the second world (I'm assuming you are including the space station as the first world). After that at some point I got Silver Wolf and swapped Seijaku with her, and used that team up to the end game without much difficulty. I'm not too familiar with the English spellings of the names aside from some, but Seijaku is the mahjong girl.
Personally, when I was playing, I never found much use for healers. I got Bailhu at the beginning of the game, and have never used her once. March 7's shields were always enough for me, protag does decent enough DPS, and Pera reduces enemy defence with her ultimate.

Are you using that team just because they are 5 stars or because the team comp is actually good? If it is supposed to be a good comp, then maybe what they have equipped is the issue?
By second world I meant the one after Belobog, I forgot about the space station to be honest.

The thing is, I've equipped some artifacts and light cones into my characters, I even briefly tried to equipped sets that make sense on them, but the farming is such a nonsense for the level I currently have in the game that I don't really farm that much.

I read that Bronya is good paired with Blade, what I think my team is missing is a debuffer, which I think I don't have any at all. Plus maybe a sub-dps too.

Maybe I'll try switching March 7 with the upcoming Dr. Ratio.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well I'm finally making some progress on catching up in Genshin. Finished Wrio's quest tonight. I didn't care for it much at all, the only good part was the end where you find out why he landed in the Fortress to begin with. I was disappointed that just spouted off a bunch of platitudes at the villain instead of wrapping it up nice and neat. Looks like Wrio got all of his best moments in Neuvi's questline.

Did one last 10 pull trying to get to C2 Chev but got another Benny, and it's getting close to soft pity now so sadly C1 is all I got on this banner. Hope she reruns on something good in the future.

By second world I meant the one after Belobog, I forgot about the space station to be honest.

The thing is, I've equipped some artifacts and light cones into my characters, I even briefly tried to equipped sets that make sense on them, but the farming is such a nonsense for the level I currently have in the game that I don't really farm that much.

I read that Bronya is good paired with Blade, what I think my team is missing is a debuffer, which I think I don't have any at all. Plus maybe a sub-dps too.

Spreadsheeters talk Bronya up like she's the best thing since sliced bread, but I barely use mine. I don't like the team style of having one hyper carry and Bronya "sacrificing" her turn for them, because too much relies on breaking enemies toughness to stop their attacks in addition to increasing damage. I think Ruan Mei is a 10x better supporter for general content. That said, just like in Genshin I don't get all sweaty and do the tryhard modes where you have to kill everything in 3 turns for maximum rewards, so my advice should be framed as such.

Artifacts are arguably more important in Star Rail than in Genshin, as a lot of them enable core mechanics that otherwise mean your characters aren't doing their full job, stats aside. Signature light cones are like that too, but that's too rich for my blood since I stopped spending on HoYo games. Stuff like the healer artifact set that gives you a free extra skill point at the start of battle or Blade's signature set can make a lot of difference, and you ideally want to speed tune your characters to at least take action in the correct order at the beginning. Gear is much more important as a result.

Nankatsu

Well I'm finally making some progress on catching up in Genshin. Finished Wrio's quest tonight. I didn't care for it much at all, the only good part was the end where you find out why he landed in the Fortress to begin with. I was disappointed that just spouted off a bunch of platitudes at the villain instead of wrapping it up nice and neat. Looks like Wrio got all of his best moments in Neuvi's questline.

Did one last 10 pull trying to get to C2 Chev but got another Benny, and it's getting close to soft pity now so sadly C1 is all I got on this banner. Hope she reruns on something good in the future.

Spreadsheeters talk Bronya up like she's the best thing since sliced bread, but I barely use mine. I don't like the team style of having one hyper carry and Bronya "sacrificing" her turn for them, because too much relies on breaking enemies toughness to stop their attacks in addition to increasing damage. I think Ruan Mei is a 10x better supporter for general content. That said, just like in Genshin I don't get all sweaty and do the tryhard modes where you have to kill everything in 3 turns for maximum rewards, so my advice should be framed as such.

Artifacts are arguably more important in Star Rail than in Genshin, as a lot of them enable core mechanics that otherwise mean your characters aren't doing their full job, stats aside. Signature light cones are like that too, but that's too rich for my blood since I stopped spending on HoYo games. Stuff like the healer artifact set that gives you a free extra skill point at the start of battle or Blade's signature set can make a lot of difference, and you ideally want to speed tune your characters to at least take action in the correct order at the beginning. Gear is much more important as a result.

Makes sense.

I guess in a way I'm just not in the mood for rng farming yet again. Genshin drained me in that regard.

Last edited:

Pejo

Makes sense.

I guess in a way I'm just not in the mood for rng farming yet again. Genshin drained me in that regard.
Oh trust me, I get it. I'm more willing to piss with it only because it's turn based combat. That's why about half of my Genshin characters are using mismatched sets/level 1 artifacts/Gladiators/etc.

At least Star Rail has that item that lets you pick the set and main stat on your artifacts when you craft them, we usually get a handful each patch. I have plenty of characters holding on to "good enough" pieces, and it is in fact, good enough.

In other news. Character album 4 is out, and my favorite Genshin theme in a long time is on it:

Sakura

At your level getting good artifacts doesn't really matter. Just get ones with set bonuses that make sense for the character, ie March's barriers scale with her defence stat, so she doesn't really need anything else for now, give her the The Knight of Purity Palace set which gives 12% more defence and 20% more damage absorbed by the barrier.
You can break down artifacts you don't need for materials for leveling up artifacts, so trash what you don't need and level up some artifacts. You can always use those levelled up low tier artifacts to level better ones you get later.

It also depends really on why you are struggling. For example if you keep dying because of debuffs then you will want a character that can remove debuffs.

Personally I would focus on 4 stars at the low level unless you have some truly great character you wanna put in. 5 stars will require more mats to max out, so don't try building a 5 star just because they are 5 star. There are plenty of good 4 stars in the game.

Sounds pretty good. Lining up enemies like that is unique and useful crowd control. Seems like it'd be fun to use with dash attacks or shots/beams that penetrate multiple enemies. Hopefully the buff her burst gives is generic enough that it can work on many teams.

The stream for 4.4 is happening this Friday but I'm not that excited for it, what with the whole CR situation. They ruined the entirety of Lantern Rite with this.

Pejo

Sounds pretty good. Lining up enemies like that is unique and useful crowd control. Seems like it'd be fun to use with dash attacks or shots/beams that penetrate multiple enemies. Hopefully the buff her burst gives is generic enough that it can work on many teams.
To be honest, if she does something that generates shards, she'd be the perfect Navia support for groups. Since her shot pierces enemies, lining up weak ones like that sounds pretty satisfying. Annoying that this is another 5* single element support though.
The stream for 4.4 is happening this Friday but I'm not that excited for it, what with the whole CR situation. They ruined the entirety of Lantern Rite with this.
I'm still planning on getting C1 CR unless my luck goes horribly. I don't like any of the beta changes they made to her, but her traversal looks super fast and fun, and she was one of my most wanted characters ever since the rumor that she'd be playable. I hope she still maintains the same attitude in human form that her smug crane form has.

To be honest, if she does something that generates shards, she'd be the perfect Navia support for groups. Since her shot pierces enemies, lining up weak ones like that sounds pretty satisfying. Annoying that this is another 5* single element support though.
I'm hoping/coping that part is just fake. Seeing how they handled CR doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I'm still planning on getting C1 CR unless my luck goes horribly. I don't like any of the beta changes they made to her, but her traversal looks super fast and fun, and she was one of my most wanted characters ever since the rumor that she'd be playable. I hope she still maintains the same attitude in human form that her smug crane form has.
I saw a clip of her jumping over a river somewhere and it looked real fluid. Then someone else posted a clip of them jumping over the same river with Diluc and that Fontaine gadget, which worked just as well... That deflated any hype I had left. But hey, I'd pull for her too if she was my favorite.

Nankatsu

At your level getting good artifacts doesn't really matter. Just get ones with set bonuses that make sense for the character, ie March's barriers scale with her defence stat, so she doesn't really need anything else for now, give her the The Knight of Purity Palace set which gives 12% more defence and 20% more damage absorbed by the barrier.
You can break down artifacts you don't need for materials for leveling up artifacts, so trash what you don't need and level up some artifacts. You can always use those levelled up low tier artifacts to level better ones you get later.

It also depends really on why you are struggling. For example if you keep dying because of debuffs then you will want a character that can remove debuffs.

Personally I would focus on 4 stars at the low level unless you have some truly great character you wanna put in. 5 stars will require more mats to max out, so don't try building a 5 star just because they are 5 star. There are plenty of good 4 stars in the game.

Following up, here's the characters I have:

- MC
- Blade (E0)
- Bronya (E0)
- Bailu (E0)
- Dr. Ratio (E0)
- March 7th (E5)
- Dan Heg (E1)
- Asta (E1)
- Lynx (E0)
- Natasha (E0)
- Tingyun (E5)
- Serval (E0)
- Herta (E2)
- Xueyi (E0)

With this I ask: what's the most balance team?

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
I’ve been reading all the star rail posts, and I play as well. I found the game to be very easy from day 1, but that’s also because I got Gepard from the new player banner. He tanked everything for me lol. I didn’t start when the game launched, but close.

Generally I always run a tank (fire mc or Gepard) and healer (Luocha) in any challenging content or things your having issues with. Also make sure you are max level for your ascension, whatever it may be. Those place holder relics you pick on the way should be used until you can farm proper sets.

My main teams now are Jingliu with pela and luocha. Other team is a dot team with Kafka and either Sampo or Luka depending on enemy resistance and type.

I say the game is easy but I don’t play the super end game stuff hardly at all. I’m more in this game for the story, and character design, but I can clear the simulated universe planar levels easily at difficulty 6 (enemies level 90) and that fine for me. I’ve done some hall of forgotten memory and it was fun, glad it’s there if I ever get the itch.

I’d say it takes about a good 2 weeks (give or take on your luck) of relic grinding to get a good set for a character. I did this with Jingliu and Argenti and I’m glad I did, heavy investment, but it really paid off. Good speed boots, crit and crit damage levels in acceptable ranges, tons of attack, extra speed, etc. this does not account for time spent leveling character/cone to 80, or talents to 8+/10.

That said, this game is on side game status for me and has been for a bit. They need time to build up more story, and the game desperately needs new areas. I don’t think the 1 world per year thing is going to work in the game like in Genshin.

Edit
Nankatsu Nankatsu

With your characters I’d say
Natasha or Lynx healer
Fire MC Tank
Blade Dps
Dan and Serval sub dps
(they will get replaced over time but they served me well during the initial playthrough. Dan especially, but you have blade for wind already.)

Dr. Ratio I know nothing about lol but check out
Prydwyn or something and see what they say
Just scroll down to “characters”

Last edited:

Pejo

- MC
- Blade (E0)
- Bronya (E0)
- Bailu (E0)
- Dr. Ratio (E0)
- March 7th (E5)
- Dan Heg (E1)
- Asta (E1)
- Lynx (E0)
- Natasha (E0)
- Tingyun (E5)
- Serval (E0)
- Herta (E2)
- Xueyi (E0)

Out of who you have, I like Xueyi a lot, and she seems to pair well with Tingyun for the energy charge and attack buffs, but that would be ignoring Blade/Bronya who you seem to have spent some time building up. If you wanna stick with Blade, maybe Blade/Bronya/Lynx and your favorite 2nd DPS. Lynx SHOULD be able to solo sustain that team, probably. Silver Wolf would help your account a LOT, might want to consider her next rerun.

Sakura

- MC
- Blade (E0)
- Bronya (E0)
- Bailu (E0)
- Dr. Ratio (E0)
- March 7th (E5)
- Dan Heg (E1)
- Asta (E1)
- Lynx (E0)
- Natasha (E0)
- Tingyun (E5)
- Serval (E0)
- Herta (E2)
- Xueyi (E0)

Hmm, if you've already built up Bronya, Blade, and Bailu a decent amount, you could try swapping March with Tingyun, then with that party just focus on buffing Blade and using him for main DPS. Tingyun's buff lasts 3 turns so you can buff Blade, then have her just generate SP for two turns, so I think she should be SP positive. Your Tingyun is also E5 so that is good.

If it were me, I'd just use MC, Xueyi, March, and maybe Lynx or something. But that's just because I use whatever girls I think are cute, not because it is a good comp.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Man I’ve gone through so much story and quests in the last 3 days that I started just replacing the word “gems” for any time Piamon talks about treasure, mora, etc lol

Pejo

Hmm, if you've already built up Bronya, Blade, and Bailu a decent amount, you could try swapping March with Tingyun, then with that party just focus on buffing Blade and using him for main DPS. Tingyun's buff lasts 3 turns so you can buff Blade, then have her just generate SP for two turns, so I think she should be SP positive. Your Tingyun is also E5 so that is good.

If it were me, I'd just use MC, Xueyi, March, and maybe Lynx or something. But that's just because I use whatever girls I think are cute, not because it is a good comp.
Tingyun isn't particularly good with Blade unfortunately since her skill only buffs ATK which he doesn't really use for his damage. That's why Bronya and Blade are good for each other (since she is skill point hungry and buffs damage/crit damage instead of ATK), but that really limits your team comps without Silverwolf to apply Wind break to non-wind enemies. If you min/max artifacts, breaking doesn't matter, but it's still a good defensive mechanism to avoid big enemy moves and delay their actions, just on its own merits.

MC/March/Lynx is way too support/survival focused and it'll take like a year to kill even regular enemies. It's a tough situation because he doesn't have a lot of the more popular support or carry options outside of Blade/Bronya.

I have a Blade/Bronya team but I only run it for battles that have wind/ice weakness already, not just for general content/story. Mine is Blade/Bronya/Pela/Luocha. That team is incredibly skill point positive though since Pela and Luocha barely use skills and Blade is only 1 time every 3 turns. That lets Bronya outspeed everyone and spam skill each time to make Blade's turn happen quickly and often. It's very gear intensive though for at least Blade, and Bronya's speed needs to be as high as possible, I think mine is around 140~ and that isn't optimized at all. I also don't even really enjoy that team despite how strong it is.

Sakura

Tingyun isn't particularly good with Blade unfortunately since her skill only buffs ATK which he doesn't really use for his damage. That's why Bronya and Blade are good for each other (since she is skill point hungry and buffs damage/crit damage instead of ATK), but that really limits your team comps without Silverwolf to apply Wind break to non-wind enemies. If you min/max artifacts, breaking doesn't matter, but it's still a good defensive mechanism to avoid big enemy moves and delay their actions, just on its own merits.

MC/March/Lynx is way too support/survival focused and it'll take like a year to kill even regular enemies. It's a tough situation because he doesn't have a lot of the more popular support or carry options outside of Blade/Bronya.

I have a Blade/Bronya team but I only run it for battles that have wind/ice weakness already, not just for general content/story. Mine is Blade/Bronya/Pela/Luocha. That team is incredibly skill point positive though since Pela and Luocha barely use skills and Blade is only 1 time every 3 turns. That lets Bronya outspeed everyone and spam skill each time to make Blade's turn happen quickly and often. It's very gear intensive though for at least Blade, and Bronya's speed needs to be as high as possible, I think mine is around 140~ and that isn't optimized at all. I also don't even really enjoy that team despite how strong it is.
Oh yeah it looks like he relies on his max HP for his damage. I don't use him so I wasn't aware. I think Tingyun is a good all around character to raise though for her buff and her EP increases. Maybe he can swap Blade out for physical MC, I still use him for endgame content and don't really have problems. He doesn't do amazing damage or anything, but he is much easier to manage I think.

Just gotta do some more gacha. Should be plenty of gems attainable from past events and quests and stuff. It'll be easier once he can get characters like Pera and stuff. Too bad he already missed the Silver Wolf rerun.

Top Bottom