• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley and Youtube Gaming launch weekly live talk show on Sept. 29

Caayn

Might be me but shouldn't Sean Murray from Hello Games have been on this show already? I thought that Geoff said as much in a previous episode.

Haven't watched this weeks episode yet, but I didn't saw Sean Murray when quickly clicking through it.

Might be me but shouldn't Sean Murray from Hello Games have been on this show already? I thought that Geoff said as much in a previous episode.

Haven't watched this weeks episode yet, but I didn't saw Sean Murray when quickly clicking through it.

He might come on. Knowing Sean, he probably won't unfortunately.

Hasney

You can still watch the pre-show playing Nintendo Land's Luigi's Mansion, as long as the stream is running.

Never mind, they uploaded it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJnlT4gZgQ

Bosman more and more invading the show, I like it. Was a good show all in all.

Ha, yeah. That Luigis Mansion game was what they played for the monthly EZA Tournament stream too, so it clearly grabbed him
by the ghoulies
sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRaZimO7ttE

Ricker

Terribly confused by this...so theres a new show thats not new that will air on the 29th...why am I seeing other shows that played on the 27th and so on,including one with Keighley that says welcome to our 1 hour show but its 19 minutes on Youtube lol...

Wat is the right show to subscribe to watch the weekly ''new'' show tomorrow...?

EDIT: NM, I am dumb lol,I thought it said October 29 not September...bump fooled me.

Caayn

He might come on. Knowing Sean, he probably won't unfortunately.
Geoff mentioned in this video that he has sent an email to Sean and will let people know when he hears back.
Thanks. After having watched the episode I noticed that Geoff talked about it during the closing segment of the show. Still hope that Sean will show.
Nice. But I have to say that I'm kinda amazed at the guest line-up they have considering the low amount of views they have.

CyReN

While it's cool to see them playing games live on the couch, they have to stop it. Put up pre-recorded gameplay up. They are playing from like 30 feet away and people are just going to mock the people playing.

Geoff's first time playing a video game, bless him.

Good show though. The non-industry people are surprisingly bearable as well.

Geoff just isn't the kind of host to really show his excitement for games on camera, I'm sad to say. It is almost painful when he has to play a game on-camera. Gaming media is so awesome. <probably sponsored bit showing the NES classic, unaware that it does save states>

Wait, an ad for Ronin? That came out over a year ago. Random!

El-Suave

This was by far the best episode yet, interesting guests and minimal Youtuber plugging. Angry Joe was MiA though, but I don't mind.

Most recent episode is currently underway https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=km4vHvTEsIw

It's strange that they hit 3.3k live viewers two weeks ago and are now sitting around 700.

The problem is Geoff doesn't have the appeal to teens on youtube that drive youtubers elsewhere. He's a games journalists hailing back to the early days of the internet-video game journalism days.

His appeal is often mirrored with big events. Like E3, or the Awards Show. But he himself doesn't draw the audience. And I think that's what people are overestimating. Unless the show gets something super compelling, people aren't going to watch it for Geoff. Or Kyle Bosman. Everything in that show is consisted of personalities that don't draw millions of viewers. Bosman's show never typically did more than 40 k on youtube going all the way back to gametrailers. He's not a draw to the masses. If PewDiePie hosted show all of a sudden, big difference.

Hopefully the production budget of the show is realistic and they continue. I like Geoff, and wish him the best, and while the live stream doesn't attract a lot of viewers, I hope the archives do end up getting a good amount of views all said and done.

El-Suave

Nobody else watching? The show is really solid this week again, Brandon Jones was on, now it's Ueda and later Greg Miller.

J-Skee

Watching it now. The Ueda interview is really good, although I wish they didn't show so much footage of the game. Been on blackout for a while.

Top Bottom