• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas Making Changes to Star Wars Saga... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

PhoncipleBone said:
It is also funny how much the price of the two disc dvd sets have shot up this past week. The ones that include the LD rips are going for insane prices now.

people were hoping the Blus would include the original versions remastered or at least were unchanged from the DVDs. but the new changes are freaking people out.

SpudBud

Aigis said:
Carbon-03.jpg
Carbon-01.jpg

uh, what

What the hell is the point of adding an obscene amount of bloom to those Han effect shots? What was wrong with how the special effects looked before?

The man has clearly gone insane. :(

Are those Han shots real?!? Holy shit that looks terrible! My mind can't even fully comprehend how bad that looks. Forget just canceling your orders, now they deserve to be burned. Lucas obviously hates his fanbase.

I am not even a big fan of Star Wars movies (probably because I watched them as Ep1-2-4-5-6 and by the time I was half way into Ep1 I thought people must be crazy to like SW that much) and these changes look ridiculous.

CaptYamato said:
So that is Vader's favorite word right? lol

NOOOOOO!

Someone needs to get around to editing it into lots of scenes.

*Vader cuts down Kenobi. He walks over to step on the collapsed robe.* "NOOOOOO!"

*The Falcon goes into hyperspace at the end of ESB.*
*Vader watches from the bridge* "NOOOOOO!"

Ifrit said:
But everything's better with bloom amirite?

And lens flare.

Doctor West said:
Are those Han shots real?!? Holy shit that looks terrible! My mind can't even fully comprehend how bad that looks. Forget just canceling your orders, now they deserve to be burned. Lucas obviously hates his fanbase.

They're early 90's television effects bad aren't they.

Let me in

Kagari said:
Seriously considering cancelling my preorder now and waiting on a different release.
I didn't even want it in the first place considering all the crap that's already been done to these movies.

Instead of getting a blu-ray that just corrects most of the problems of the DVD versions and gives us higher resolution, we get those problems fixed but have to endure more ridiculous, unnecessary OCD changes. Not worth the $90, imo.

antonz

Let me in said:
I didn't even want it in the first place considering all the crap that's already been done to these movies.

Instead of getting a blu-ray that just corrects most of the problems of the DVD versions and gives us higher resolution, we get those problems fixed but have to endure more ridiculous, unnecessary OCD changes. Not worth the $90, imo.
Truthfully they didnt even fix 99% of known issues. Luke still has a white and sometimes green saber in A New Hope. Vader and Obi Wan sabers look like ass during their duel etc.

They added a few tweaks and left the rest still in shitty shape

Spotless Mind said:
It's amazing that, even with all these ridiculous changes, they still fucked up the colour of Luke's lightsabre changing from blue to green.

What are you talking about? I can't imagine you are talking about the fact his saber is green in all of Return of the Jedi, so there must be something I don't know about.

EDIT: I see the person above me kind of explained it. I've never noticed his saber turning green in Episode 4. I have noticed the white, never green. Crazy. I'm glad you weren't trying to say his saber being green in Jedi was an error, I would have blown my brains out.

Lucas should add more scenes were Vader can say his favorite line.

- Vader is all set to eat dinner in front of the TV, but when he goes to the freezer he discovers that he's all out of bagel bites. NooOOOOooo!!!

antonz

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
What are you talking about? I can't imagine you are talking about the fact his saber is green in all of Return of the Jedi, so there must be something I don't know about.

EDIT: I see the person above me kind of explained it. I've never noticed his saber turning green in Episode 4. I have noticed the white, never green. Crazy. I'm glad you weren't trying to say his saber being green in Jedi was an error, I would have blown my brains out.
The green was a by product of them trying to fix it the last time. Apparently this time they just didnt care

Tron 2.0

CaptYamato said:
What has been changed in ESB?
Nothing, as far as I've read.

Sadly that means the color is still all wrong, but we're lucky that Lucas respected Kershner so much. Who knows what he might have added otherwise.

Erigu

apana said:
That was kind of a special scene, there is no reason to go fucking around with it.
I agree. I'm just saying that if you forget about the "change" thing, "which version came first", etc, I don't find one idea much worse than the other.

Tron 2.0 said:
Nothing, as far as I've read.

Sadly that means the color is still all wrong, but we're so lucky that Lucas respected Kershner so much.

There are tweaks. Only minor ones have been revealed so far.

bd_wampa_before_sm.jpg

Original

bd_wampa_after_sm.jpg

Corrected version.

Quick

Banned
Doctor West said:
Lucas should add more scenes were Vader can say his favorite line.

- Vader is all set to eat dinner in front of the TV, but when he goes to the freezer he discovers that he's all out of bagel bites. NooOOOOooo!!!

Vader visits a store, and the cashier asks him if he has his membership card. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Tron 2.0

PhoncipleBone said:
There are tweaks. Only minor ones have been revealed so far.

http://www.starwars.com/news/saga_bluray_restoration/bd_wampa_before_sm.jpg[img]
Original

[img]http://www.starwars.com/news/saga_bluray_restoration/bd_wampa_after_sm.jpg[img]
Corrected version.[/QUOTE]Oh, yes. Forgot about that.

I suppose I should say that it doesn't sound like they've done anything drastic or stupid to them. No wampa hiding behind rocks, no alien species from the prequels in Cloud City, no weird Ken Burns effect panning on a once stationary shot, etc.

[QUOTE=Quick]Vader visits a store, and the cashier asks him if he has his membership card. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"[/QUOTE]Vader goes to the supermarket and is asked if he wants to donate $1 to feed the homeless. "NoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!"

I would pay good money to see a new version of the original star wars trilogy where vader keeps screaming 'Nooooo!' (at places where it is only mildly appropriate, not all the time).

harriet the spy said:
I would pay good money to see a new version of the original star wars trilogy where vader keeps screaming 'Nooooo!' (at places where it is only mildly appropriate, not all the time).

It will happen. I see a new youtube trend coming.

elfinke

So uh, I just saw on YT the leaked (?) footage of the Vader 'no' dub (with some 2500 dislikes to 250 likes). Even though the description let me know exactly what I was in for, I uh... still... er... um...

There is no gif or word I can conjure to explain that change.

Quick

Banned
elfinke said:
So uh, I just saw on YT the leaked (?) footage of the Vader 'no' dub (with some 2500 dislikes to 250 likes). Even though the description let me know exactly what I was in for, I uh... still... er... um...

There is no gif or word I can conjure to explain that change.

sw_vader_no.gif

Anth0ny

No one should buy this set.

I mean, I want the deleted scenes as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to support this trash just because it included STANDARD DEFINITION deleted scenes. Besides, they'll be on youtube within hours.

If you must, buy it used. Seriously, don't support George Lucas until he releases the original unaltered trilogy.

yes, I know this will sell 10 million copies on day one regardless, but fuck... if you buy this new, you're part of the problem.

Anth0ny said:
No one should buy this set.

I mean, I want the deleted scenes as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to support this trash just because it included STANDARD DEFINITION deleted scenes. Besides, they'll be on youtube within hours.

If you must, buy it used. Seriously, don't support George Lucas until he releases the original unaltered trilogy.

yes, I know this will sell 10 million copies on day one regardless, but fuck... if you buy this new, you're part of the problem.

Apparently the deleted scenes are in HD.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
As much as I adore the original trilogy, I can't in good conscience buy these movies with even more edits. Everyone needs to skip this shit until he at least provides a good quality version of the original cuts as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom