• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
how much space?

8 GB
I don't even want to play it right away, I just want to buy it. What the actual fuck Nintendo?

If you buy it from the site it will give you a download code instead that you will be able to redeem whenever you have enough space to download.

But yes this is fucking stupid but par for the course with Nintendo and their understanding of the super mysterious thing that is called "The Internet".

I think it says something that I'm surprised that I can buy a game from a Nintendo website.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The ripped iso is around 8gb. So you need to have space.

Well, yeah. But I don't want to download it, I want to BUY it.

Don't quote me on this (I never tried myself) but I think you can even buy the game on the website and start the download remotely on the console!

Can't tell you cause Nintendo of Europe are idiots and I CAN'T buy Nintendo games on their website here.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Don't quote me on this (I never tried myself) but I think you can even buy the game on the website and start the download remotely on the console!

I haven't done it, but everything I've seen says that you get a download code when buying from Nintendo's site.

Megasoum

Banned
I think I've told that anectode before here on gaf but I worked on a non-steam PC port for an old japanese game once (that was like 2 years ago). When we first got the game in QA it was pretty much working fine except that we had to explain to the Japanese dev both what a 360 controller was and what Steam was because he had absolutely no idea and had never heard of those things before....

So... Yeah...

Myggen

I think I've told that anectode before here on gaf but I worked on a non-steam PC port for an old japanese game once (that was like 2 years ago). When we first got the game in QA it was pretty much working fine except that we had to explain to the Japanese dev both what a 360 controller was and what Steam was because he had absolutely no idea and had never heard of those things before....

So... Yeah...

Heh, that's not surprising at all.

I wonder why PC gaming never got a proper market in Japan.

Anjin M

I stayed up way too late last night finishing Mario Party Party 3. It wasn't nearly as miserable as I assumed from following this thread while it was live. At the same time, that is a really bad game and it showed on their faces. At least the chaos in MP2 caused some great moments. Here, the game was so arbitrary that nothing interesting happened outside of some flukes of the random number generator.

PixelPeZ

Guess someone had to make it, might aswell be me.

KrWLz8.gif

Heh, that's not surprising at all.

I wonder why PC gaming never got a proper market in Japan.

I think as the PC gaming hardware market shifted more towards American companies like AMD and NVIDIA instead of Japanese ones like Sharp and Microsoft Japan, the Japanese audience began to shift more towards consoles.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=149723498#post149723498

The Grand Total

Just two and a half years ago, I questioned my decision to even make Cook, Serve, Delicious after that awful first weekend of release. Today, Cook, Serve, Delicious has grossed over $610,000 in sales across mobile, Steam, distro websites and my cut from the Humble Bundle, with over 100,000 copies sold. Steam accounts for 78% of that financial figure.

What an insane number. I just can’t believe it. That income allows me to fund my next two games outright and continue pursuing my dream of being a top tier indie dev. We made a lot of progress with Cook, Serve, Delicious, but I feel the biggest has yet to come considering the scope of my next two games. Thank you to everyone for the support, thank you to all the Youtube and Twitch streamers out there enjoying the game, thanks to the community for all the great reviews and thanks to anyone who bought the game and enjoyed it. And of course a huge thanks to Ryan Davis, who was the one to open up the door to this staggering amount of success. I will never, ever forget that.

I don’t know if this is just the beginning, or if this is the pinnacle of my success. I don’t know how my next two games, which are stylistically different from Cook, Serve, Delicious, will be received critically or commercially. I don’t know how console development will go. I don’t know how much longer Cook, Serve, Delicious will provide me with healthy daily income (as of right now it’s still selling great). What I do know is that we’ll find out all these answers together.

The future is completely uncertain, yet I couldn’t be more excited.

Grats Chubs!!

Zaph

Oh god, who ruined the thread title? We're already in Community and have to be careful avoiding all the degenerates who actually click that tab, but now we're actively attracting them with the promise of anime?

edit: Paul's already in the studio? Fuck yeah. How do we get him a gaf account?

Wunder

I love you chubs. Cook, Serve, Delicious is an amazing example of the pinnacle of cooking games, fantastic stuff.

popo

]They don't have ads on YT because that would go against the "everything non-premium is ad-free" mantra, if you watch their shit on YT[/B]. And yeah, I can't find anything on whether this applies to channels that don't monetize their videos. But I have to guess that the other side of this is that Nintendo will hit everything they can find that isn't in their "creator system" with a Content ID claim, or at least that that's the fear.

Microsoft's new confusing guidelines on YT videos are only for monetized videos IIRC, but they specify that it is.

I would assume that everyone following Jeff on Twitter knows that GB has a website, people just like to jump to the most extreme conclusions.

Their stuff does have ads on youtube if viewed directly through YT. Youtube decide when to add adverts - being registered in the partner program just means whether you share in the revenues or not.

I think where the confusion comes is that embedded YT can't show adverts - this is why embedded YT is a premium option on the site and nor available to everyone. If you are a free member they want you to either watch through their player or go to youtube direct.

dye dan's dad's hair and he could pass for 30.

lol no. He could pass for an out of shape Vinny at best.

Myggen

Their stuff does have ads on youtube if viewed directly through YT. Youtube decide when to add adverts - being registered in the partner program just means whether you share in the revenues or not.

I think where the confusion comes is that embedded YT can't show adverts - this is why embedded YT is a premium option on the site and nor available to everyone. If you are a free member they want you to either watch through their player or go to youtube direct.

Yeah, you might be correct there. I do sometimes get ads on GB's YT channel, but it feels like it's extremely rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom