• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some details:
https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/

This sounds crazy to me:

Q: If I registered a channel, will all of the videos in that channel be included in the Nintendo Creators Program?
A: Yes, all videos in the channel will be included in the program. Please keep this in mind if your channel contains videos that do not include Nintendo intellectual property.

Terrible fucking company.

Good game developers.

I'm sorry I don't think I heard you correctly.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/metroid-prime-2-echoes-review/1900-6112996/

Fun fact, that review generated my first death threat!

Why so low?

Risible

I love Dan as an addition to Giantbomb.

However, one thing about him has me wondering. During the latest Bombcast he talked about the bottle of whiskey he got from a fan, and then Drew said "Hey, I noticed it was half gone at the panel, who was drinking that?" and Dan basically says that he drank most of it to loosen up for the panel.

That seems crazy to me. Am I just a boring old lightweight or is that not an insane amount of whisky to drink? He goes on to say that after the panel he was even drunker, and concludes by saying he was told about a lot of interesting things he did that night, intimating that he was basically blackout drunk.

I'm not saying drinking is bad, but that seems like a really worrisome level of drinking. Is it just me?

However, one thing about him has me wondering. During the latest Bombcast he talked about the bottle of whiskey he got from a fan, and then Drew said "Hey, I noticed it was half gone at the panel, who was drinking that?" and Dan basically says that he drank most of it to loosen up for the panel.

That seems crazy to me. Am I just a boring old lightweight or is that not an insane amount of whisky to drink? He goes on to say that after the panel he was even drunker, and concludes by saying he was told about a lot of interesting things he did that night, intimating that he was basically blackout drunk.

I'm not saying drinking is bad, but that seems like a really worrisome level of drinking. Is it just me?

That's not that big of an amount. If it was often....sure. But on its own not really at all.

Fjolle

It was vodka, and I'm sure he passed it around. And yes, it's just you.

Patryn

Ok, it's just me then. Thanks.

We likely do not have enough information to present a truly informed opinion.

We have to remember that we only know as much about these guys as they let on. So unless you can make qualified statements about Dan's entire lifestyle beyond the possible persona that he may or may not be portraying in GB content, it's best to leave it be.

Basically, we don't really know these guys and it's not our place to really be making comments about their personal lives.

Ok, it's just me then. Thanks.

I think you're just putting too much worry into it. He probably wasn't drinking it alone, he was drinking it mixed which makes it way easier to drink a lot fast, and mixing it with nerves of the panel and having fun it probably went faster. I don't think one bottle is that big of deal in that context.

Megasoum

Banned
I am following in the footsteps of Dan Ryckert... My mentor

r9H3iV8.png

tbh while typing that post i thought 'i bet brad actually did play the prime games, at least the first two' but then the joke would be ruined - RUINED!!!!

Yeah, either I'm so obsessed with being right at all costs that I'll make up whatever bullshit along the way, or... I was trying to respect the audience's intelligence enough not to spell out that I wasn't comparing the N64 to the Jaguar or the fucking Virtual Boy. Christ.

Given that the phrasing in question included 'ever made', which casts a pretty wide net... Oh well. It's all good. If that's actually how it went down, then I apologize.

Might want to respec out of the 'defensive' tree and put those points into the 'self aware' section of the sphere grid, though. Maybe make a beeline towards 'Chillaga'?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Given that the phrasing in question included 'ever made', which casts a pretty wide net...

Might want to respec out of the 'defensive' tree and put those points into the 'self aware' section of the sphere grid. Maybe make a beeline towards 'Chillaga'?

Spend a few years having people nitpick everything you say in an effort to get one over on you and see how much chillaging you feel like doing!

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
tbh while typing that post i thought 'i bet brad actually did play the prime games, at least the first two' but then the joke would ruined - RUINED!!!!

Also I have a disc copy of MP Trilogy already, although I doubt I'll ever get around to playing 3 (thought most people agreed that one was relatively weak anyway).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Brad I was rooting for you last night

you were robbed.

As a MP expert, I can assure you he was not. Mario Party doesn't rob people. It is too random. That is like saying "I rolled a 6 and not a 3! I was robbed!"

One should never play Mario Party with somebody who actually cares about winning. Then the game can get really infuriating. You just need to embrass the randomness and accept that you can't win Mario Party. Don't make plans, just try to set everything on fire while you can. Or choose a target and do everything you can to destroy him/her, no matter if you destroy yourself. Also: Always expect that you are going to lose everything you have in the next turn. Cause that's the Mario Party way.

Also I have a disc copy of MP Trilogy already, although I doubt I'll ever get around to playing 3 (thought most people agreed that one was relatively weak anyway).

Better then a 9.1!
(I think 3 is better then 2)

Yeah but I mean, even with the chaos element, he had a fucking huge leg up for a while there. Surely randomness can't account for all of it.

3 is pretty darned good. It's absolutely beautiful, the controls work wonderfully, I think the level design is really good, etc. It has some flaws (the story and voice acting is dumb, the use of different planets somewhat breaks the isolation feel, there's a few gimmicky moments like the Pillar of Autumn style opening and the "protect the demolition team" thing, etc.) but it's overall a great game. I even liked the should-be-gimmicky motion control stuff like inputting keycodes, pulling levers, and welding circuit boards.

(tbh, i thought the multiple planets thing ended up adding a great silver lining; instead of having to backtrack through a maze of loading elevators and past areas a la Prime 1/2, your ship/landing pads essentially become a "universal elevator" where you can travel to any other landing pad on any planet)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah but I mean, even with the chaos element, he had a fucking huge leg up for a while there. Surely randomness can't account for all of it.

Hohohoho
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I once lost all my stars and coins in round 33 of 35 and gained them back in round 35.
To me, Mario Party is pure chaos and randomness. And it's evil. It makes you think you have a choice. That your actions can actually change something. But no.

(I may have played too much Mario Party as a kid)

weak by the standards of the series: so, still very high on the list of amazing games you can play right now, of course

Myggen

Given that the phrasing in question included 'ever made', which casts a pretty wide net... Oh well. It's all good. If that's actually how it went down, then I apologize.

You shouldn't take everything so literally, it's obvious that no one is of the opinion that the N64 is literally the worst console ever made.

edit: Also yeah, just saw Jeff's tweet about Nintendo on Youtube. That program seems like some bullshit, but not surprising coming from that company. Jeff's comments through the years of Youtube being dangerous ground for videos of video games seems to come true when it comes to Nintendo games at least.

i think the nintendo stuff is another in a long line of 'we dont really understand how this works so maybe if we try this... oh god that made it worse um i dont know what to do ignore it i guess'

i dont think theyre intentionally trying to be assholes theyre just so bad at trying to do good things

santeesioux

I'll just say that i'm glad I grew up with a Ps1 instead of an n64 when I was a kid. It was cool to pick up an n64 years after the fact though for the games that I missed.

Isn't Jeff missing the fact that Nintendo's stupid youtube thing doesn't have to work on a whole channel basis? As in it can be applied to individual videos. And it's not like Giant Bomb has an abundance of Nintendo content, so it doesn't seem horribly onerous to go per video. Is this a principled stand?

And would this rule even apply to established media that Nintendo already works with?

Isn't Jeff missing the fact that Nintendo's stupid youtube thing doesn't have to work on a whole channel basis? As in it can be applied to individual videos. And it's not like Giant Bomb has an abundance of Nintendo content, so it doesn't seem horribly onerous to go per video. Is this a principled stand?

And would this rule even apply to established media that Nintendo already works with?

if you do it on a per-video basis, I think you have to submit each one for approval first. and then on top of that, they only seem to pay via Paypal, which I suspect might be a bit weird to deal with in regards to CBSi

Myggen

It seems like you can register individual videos, yeah. But that it "can regularly take up to three business days for your registered content to be reviewed and finalized" will at least ensure that the video goes up a couple of days late on YT.

But since GB doesn't have any YT ads, does this apply to their channel? I don't see anything indicating that it won't.

listening to Brad and Vinny being really excited for the release of Crackdown 2 after coming back from a preview, man, i get why they're so hesitant to even get the least bit excited in regards to Crackdown 3. Their levels of hype was infectious

also, Echoes lost me when they wanted me to go back to get some sort of sky guardian keys or some shit to unlock the final area. I was already iffy with it with the back and forth between the dark dimension nonsense but that level of padding was too much. eff that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom