• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
That's kind of like suggesting someone watch a random Let's Play of Persona 4 instead of the Endurance Run.

I voted MGS, but a solid argument for Demo Derby is that it was the feature that spawned MGS and may still produce further features...

I wasn't being serious with the YT link, just illustrating a point about MGS' design and how it relates to the (im)personality of playthroughs compared to, say, P4 or DP.

I definitely want more and different things, but mgs is a good "known" thing. I don't know if I would want yet another new feature starring dan and drew... Demo derby + mgscanlon + breaking brad + more beast content is what we all really want.

Sure, if they pump out that much stuff, they could do whatever they want and I'd be cool with it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Dan really hates Brad's friend doesn't he? Hahaha he's unusually quiet, doesn't laugh at his jokes/stories, just stares at the screen wondering when it'll be all over

I think he was having a decent time, definitely more-so as time went on. There was just some quietness because it's like two good friends playing a game they're very familiar with + an extra person.

This is slightly off topic as I'm way late on it, but I just got round to listening to the 2nd episode of Danswers earlier and Gerstdann gave such a genuinely fantastic piece of advice: "It's about how much do you actually value yourself also."

As someone who's always had a very low opinion of myself, that line hit a nerve and it's one of the few ways of framing self-esteem I've heard, that personally made sense to me (I've had the advice given to me almost word-for-word recently by a doctor). It's easy to be so paranoid about being a selfish person that you go too far the other way and neglect yourself. It's a tough downward spiral to get out of, I can tell you.

Anyway, sorry for the unscheduled heaviness overdose. As you were!

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Tetris Battle video.

Dan really hates Brad's friend doesn't he? Hahaha he's unusually quiet, doesn't laugh at his jokes/stories, just stares at the screen wondering when it'll be all over

It's polite for the third wheel to not interrupt the happy couple.

Lelcar

Full-head-of-hair-Vinny!

I think he was having a decent time, definitely more-so as time went on. There was just some quietness because it's like two good friends playing a game they're very familiar with + an extra person.

I agree, I think people are reading too much into it. Well, until the very end anyway when they actually stop playing Battle Tetris. That's when I feel that something real awkward is happening to Dan for whatever reason.

Zaph

Yeah, the story of how he just stumbled into the job as a video guy at GB is fantastic.

Anyways, some people shouldn't have a Twitter account.

Hilarious. Video games are so fucked.

If a generic $100m action/fantasy movie managed a metacritic of 65, that would be pretty damn great for all concerned.

With the amount of focus testing and mock reviews going on today, how any developer on a AAA game can be surprised at the critical reception is beyond me.

jBUMLtQrcGBA1.PNG

who goes to kotaku to find the 5 best tv shows for kids

like what

did one of their writers have the kid for a week and couldnt come up with anything else?

I was already alive when those games and demos existed so I don't really care for the segment much. I imagine if you've never heard of some of these games or seen them, then going through old demos would be interesting.

I was already alive when those games and demos existed so I don't really care for the segment much. I imagine if you've never heard of some of these games or seen them, then going through old demos would be interesting.

I've played through MGS3 5 times. Sometimes people just like hearing what other people have to say about things.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Kotaku sucks, but I can kinda see the use in this. As Totilo says near the beginning, they publish hundreds of articles every week (which sounds crazy when I read that) so things may get lost in the shuffle.

"Five articles we buried in bullshit" seems like a good argument for publishing less bullshit, not a guide to wade through it.

frostyxc

I'm not as concerned with the suction of Kotaku (just get a Dyson), but would it hurt Tortinos to ask a copy editor to give the posts a once-over? So poorly writte--...

Copy editors are creatures only found in mythical stories? They've been extinct for over a decade now? The blogs just go on blind faith that their writers will proofread their posts before posting? That sounds smart. Well, okay then... Carry on!

Now let's talk games! I played riding the bus. 7/10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom