• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Demo Derby is currently their best premium content. It's amazing how much I've forgotten about those issues. I was a PS Underground subscriber lol

MGS is great but Demo Derby edges it out.

I want them to actually do that feature of watching old Gamespot stuff.

omg yes

i love hearing jeff wax about the olden days

names of people that have been forgotten by time

memories of events with the sun nearly set upon them

bleached hair

i was going to add vinnyvania to the poll but that feature is dead
13.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Demo Derby is fine and all but watching those videos is excruciating. I don't enjoy those parts at all. They just go on forever and "Hey weren't the 90s weird?" is only funny if you don't remember how miserable they were.

Lelcar

Full playthroughs are the shit, wish Jeff could commit to one again some day.

I think this is what it all comes down to. The wait for Jeff to do another full Let's Play type feature. The Giant Bomb fandom would light up if this happens.

I've played it, I want to watch drew play it not some randos

Exactly. The point is to watch your favorite personalities play it and see their reactions and thoughts. It's almost like it's not about the game at all!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
nope, demo derby and something different is what we want

if you want mgs3, here you go

because while dan & drew's commentary is great, it's a miniscule contribution compared to what they could be adding to other, more original formats

don't think jeff has the time to invest in a full LP anymore. It was doable back when they were a startup, a crew in the single digits where there wasn't a meeting or HR or all the other shenanigans one is responsible for in a corporate environment.

daydream

Banned

the feature itself is totally fine, it's just the fact that it takes up recording time that could be spent on more interesting projects which would benefit more from dan & drew's involvement. this has everything to do with the nature of mgs and its design, of course

anyway, you guys will get what you want sooner or later, so yeah

don't think jeff has the time to invest in a full LP anymore. It was doable back when they were a startup, a crew in the single digits where there wasn't a meeting or HR or all the other shenanigans one is responsible for in a corporate environment.

Clearly GB needs more middle management to take care of this for them.

Wunder

the feature itself is totally fine, it's just the fact that it takes up recording time that could be spent on more interesting projects which would benefit more from dan & drew's involvement. this has everything to do with the nature of mgs and its design, of course

who you calling you guys

Xeteh

And apparently hates kids stuff like Disney and Pixar. Totally 100% kids stuff, nothing adult or deeply moving in movies from those studios right guys?

I was shaking my head during that but I can appreciate the fact that he threw in a "I like adult things like wrestling" comment.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

I definitely want more and different things, but mgs is a good "known" thing. I don't know if I would want yet another new feature starring dan and drew... Demo derby + mgscanlon + breaking brad + more beast content is what we all really want.

nope, demo derby and something different is what we want

if you want mgs3, here you go

because while dan & drew's commentary is great, it's a miniscule contribution compared to what they could be adding to other, more original formats
That's kind of like suggesting someone watch a random Let's Play of Persona 4 instead of the Endurance Run.

I voted MGS, but a solid argument for Demo Derby is that it was the feature that spawned MGS and may still produce further features...

Watching the Tetris Battle video.

Dan really hates Brad's friend doesn't he? Hahaha he's unusually quiet, doesn't laugh at his jokes/stories, just stares at the screen wondering when it'll be all over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom