• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
catching up on content, just a few notes:

- i really wanna play hand of fate
- the majora ql is actually delightful
- kirby ql makes the game look super fun and very much at odds with dan's review
- upf was great, i think that's third or fourth really fun one in a row
- looking forward to the crt being put to use again

Dany

Banned
I just finished season 5. Man what a nose dive. Season 1-4 is some high qualiy stuff and five is so boring, and characters aren't themselves, lol

Though season 6 thus far is a great pick me up. Such a good start thus far.

Dany

Banned
Well not even that. Everyone is meandering and characters are promoting/chastising ideas that make no sense. Toby and Leo are barely themselves.

Rapstah

I was single for a while and watched the entire run of House. At the end of that month, I felt like a worse person than House, but also like a better person than the (two distinct) wacky new sidekicks they added in the seventh and eighth season.

I watched the hell out of seasons 1-3 of The West Wing, kinda lost steam during season 4, and the first few episodes of season 5 were not enough to convince me to keep going.

Season two is top-tier TV though. The end of Two Cathedrals is magic.

Well im going to finish it no matter but but it took me almost a month to finish season 5. Haha. But six has a promising start :x

Have to agree with you there. The West Wing is amazing for much of its run, but it never picked up for me after the point you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love West Wing and it's all worth watching. It's just never the same after one point, which I believe is also when Aaron Sorkin took a smaller role in the writing [citation needed].

daydream

Banned
I was single for a while and watched the entire run of House. At the end of that month, I felt like a worse person than House, but also like a better person than the (two distinct) wacky new sidekicks they added in the seventh and eighth season.

House is a pretty great show, mostly because they do some seriously interesting and creative one-off stuff for a lot of episodes.

I haven't watched the final season, yet, though. I should probably do that as long as I'm single or something.

I would probably like it if I watched it, but i've never took the plunge on The West Wing because I really never had any interest in politics or political dramas

It's probably the biggest gap in my TV viewing resume though. I also realized a while ago that 22 episode seasons are too brutal for me. Just too much great stuff on TV these days and with trying to stay current plus rewatching/catching up on stuff, I can barely find the time. 13 episodes is the sweet spot.

I started to watch The Shield

The Shield is fun as hell, watch Justified afterwards for more Walton Goggins

Myggen

The Shield gets really good once they start to serialize the show properly. I think what Anthony Anderson does in season 4 of that show is the most surprised I've ever been by an actor , I just couldn't imagine that he had something like that in him. The last season of The Shield might be my favourite final season of TV ever, and especially one storyline (I won't say which, but people who have watched it probably knows) is just absolutely fantastic and could make for a great movie by itself.

B-oZz--UcAApL_I.jpg:large

Drew is clearly dressing up like that around the office for no good reason, that just happened to be on t he TV whilst so.

Tucah

you speak so well
The Shield gets really good once they start to serialize the show properly. I think what Anthony Anderson does in season 4 of that show is the most surprised I've ever been by an actor , I just couldn't imagine that he had something like that in him. The last season of The Shield might be my favourite final season of TV ever, and especially one storyline (I won't say which, but people who have watched it probably knows) is just absolutely fantastic and could make for a great movie by itself.

This. The Shield is great the whole way through but it keeps getting better and is truly phenomenal by the end.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Drew is clearly dressing up like that around the office for no good reason, that just happened to be on t he TV whilst so.

My assumption was that they saw the TV, stopped walking, spun around, and were suddenly in MGS appropriate attire and posing. You know, anime stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom