• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew killing The End at Ponizovje depends on if he finds the SVD prior, which is easy to miss. Dan would probably discourage it, anyway.

tchocky

I can't believe the Shadow of Mordor dlc QL later today is Brad and Dan on their third ql of that game. Could they not have got Drew, Jeff or even better Alexa to sit in on it to get some different perspectives since we already have 2 hours of Brad and Dan playing this game.

santeesioux

How long does it take for The End to
die of old age?
Wouldn't it be funny if Drew
got to that fight, went to PAX, and came back to him dead of old age. (I know it takes longer than a week so that's not possible, but would still be hilarious)

How long does it take for The End to
die of old age?
Wouldn't it be funny if Drew
got to that fight, went to PAX, and came back to him dead of old age. (I know it takes longer than a week so that's not possible, but would still be hilarious)
I think it's just over a week. That would be amazing.

erawsd

I can't believe the Shadow of Mordor dlc QL later today is Brad and Dan on their third ql of that game. Could they not have got Drew, Jeff or even better Alexa to sit in on it to get some different perspectives since we already have 2 hours of Brad and Dan playing this game.

Dan and Brad are the ones who enjoyed it the most. Who is Alexa?

tchocky

Dan and Brad are the ones who enjoyed it the most. Who is Alexa?

She works for Gamespot and has been on some episodes of bombin and is a huge lotr fan. I understand Dan and Brad loved the game but I think the same duo taking 3 looks at the same game is a bit much. Drew also loved the game as did Vinny so he and Alex could have looked at it.

She works for Gamespot and has been on some episodes of bombin and is a huge lotr fan. I understand Dan and Brad loved the game but I think the same duo taking 3 looks at the same game is a bit much. Drew also loved the game as did Vinny so he and Alex could have looked at it.

but she works for gamespot and not giant bomb

erawsd

Eh, I dont see the big deal.

roytheone

To get more on topic: Drew fighting The End. Less than one episode, one full episode, or spread over multiple episodes?

Why does everyone always say the end is such a long fight? I recently played MGS 3 for the first time, and I just used the thermal goggles and kept following his footsteps, the fight was over in 15 minutes.

GavinGT

Banned
Why does everyone always say the end is such a long fight? I recently played MGS 3 for the first time, and I just used the thermal goggles and kept following his footsteps, the fight was over in 15 minutes.

It's still difficult to spot him. It probably took me 45 minutes.

Besides, Drew took like an hour to beat Ocelot.

roytheone

Besides, Drew took like an hour to beat Ocelot.

Good point, but Drew did a lot better with the mgs 2 bosses, so we will see how this turns out.

Also, I just realized Drew is probably going to miss the thermal goggles, which will suck for him because those things where by far my most used item. Incredibly useful almost everywhere.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Today is a great day,

I thought I had to unsubscribe as a premium member today because finances are tight (Fuck brain tumours they're the fucking worst.) anyway I just checked and I'm paid till October! I'll get to watch Drew play on the of best games of all time ^_^. Now I just need to hope he doesn't get stuck fighting the end or something and finishes up before October.

Let's see how it goes without the radar, it saved Drew's butt many times in MGS1 and 2.

Also, hopefully Dan told Drew to sneak up on guys with the d-pad.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I really didn't like the first hour or so with the game getting used to the new mechanics, but then went on to love it. Hopefully Drew doesn't get discouraged.

Today is a great day,

I thought I had to unsubscribe as a premium member today because finances are tight (Fuck brain tumours they're the fucking worst.) anyway I just checked and I'm paid till October! I'll get to watch Drew play on the of best games of all time ^_^. Now I just need to hope he doesn't get stuck fighting the end or something and finishes up before October.
That sucks. I hope you get better health wise.

Dan and Brad were two of it's biggest supporters so it makes sense. I also need another Lord of the Rings lesson with Brad, plus Brad and Dan are a great quicklook duo so I can't complain.

Zaph

Today is a great day,

:(

I hope things work out dude.

daydream

Banned
Today is a great day,

Wish you a speedy recovery, man. GB-GAF is here for you!

Jothel

Today is a great day,

Knew a guy who had that when we were 15, he's completely fine now, hope the same works out for you too! ><

roytheone

Inspired by other giantbomb fans, I have made a bingo card depicting different things that I expect that will happen during metal gear scanlon 3. I will not deny or confirm that a lot of these things came from my own experiences.......

(There are some light spoilers for MGS 3)

HKWI8Ty.png

Zaph

Can we keep up the spoiler tagging please, lots of people experiencing MGS for the first time through Metal Gear Scanlon.

Also, this is great:

jpdEV6X.png

I stopped listening to Bombcast a few months back as the new team dynamic was not working for me. On a whim today I downloaded the newest episodes as my podcast queue was empty for once. I must have a 6th sense about people talking about Demolition Man because it is quite the coincidence that being put off by Dan was part of what made me take a break from Bombcast and now the first cast I listen to kicks off with Dan gushing over Demolition Man.

A mutual love of Demolition Man is the closest thing to an instant bond I can have with complete strangers. Congrats Dan, you have a lifetime free pass of awesomeness in my book. I rebuke every criticism I may have launched at you months ago. Sorry about that, I was wrong and I am ok with admitting that. Be well Dany Ryckert.

I stopped listening to Bombcast a few months back as the new team dynamic was not working for me. On a whim today I downloaded the newest episodes as my podcast queue was empty for once. I must have a 6th sense about people talking about Demolition Man because it is quite the coincidence that being put off by Dan was part of what made me take a break from Bombcast and now the first cast I listen to kicks off with Dan gushing over Demolition Man.

A mutual love of Demolition Man is the closest thing to an instant bond I can have with complete strangers. Congrats Dan, you have a lifetime free pass of awesomeness in my book. I rebuke every criticism I may have launched at you months ago. Sorry about that, I was wrong and I am ok with admitting that. Be well Dany Ryckert.

Good to see you've repented, now you have a nice backlog of podcasts to listen to! It sucks not having vinny I agree, but the cast now is as good as it's ever been

Xyrmellon

Dan and Brad were two of it's biggest supporters so it makes sense. I also need another Lord of the Rings lesson with Brad, plus Brad and Dan are a great quicklook duo so I can't complain.

This, Dan and Brad probably wanted to do it, otherwise there wouldn't have been a QL for it. Just like Vinny did all of the Sleepy Dogs content.

I've said before that you could probably make a credible case for any of the MGS games being the best in the series but if you don't think 3 has the best bosses you are objectively wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom