• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb E3 2012

zroid

Banned
It always surprises me to find people who just think Keighley is like this shill who asks nothing but softball questions, while not knowing all that much about the industry.

Clearly their experience with his work is limited to GT and Spike. His day job is focused on moderating and securing exclusives in highly controlled environments; there just isn't room for pointed analysis.

Step 1: get exclusive
Step 2: play nice
Step 3: get more exclusives, repeat

it sucks, but that's just how it works. really impressed by his conversation here, as I usually am outside of GT/Spike.

it's most assuredly some kind of royalty free music. they don't use anything that would require licensing. your best bet is to contact vinny or drew directly and ask where they obtained it.

FOUND IT.

FOUND IT.
FOUND IT.
FOUND IT.

Awesome!

I guessed it was called Party Hard, and was royalty free, and I must have listen to 100 royalty free songs called "Party Hard" or "Sun Comes Up" yesterday trying to find it"

I now hate Soundcloud. :/

Watching the Day 3 steam. Is Justin McElroy guy from W.Va.? I was loving everything about GB's E3 coverage and then there was this laugh at W.Va. session featuring every stereotype about the state. I like Alex, but there were some low blows in there. I'm not even a native of the state. I only live here because of where I work.

But, I'd just like the GB crew to know that they have at least one loyal listener out here in the boonies that loves them and is not married to his cousin and actually has a college degree and career.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Partying so hard right now.

It always surprises me to find people who just think Keighley is like this shill who asks nothing but softball questions, while not knowing all that much about the industry.

Clearly their experience with his work is limited to GT and Spike. His day job is focused on moderating and securing exclusives in highly controlled environments; there just isn't room for pointed analysis.

Step 1: get exclusive
Step 2: play nice
Step 3: get more exclusives, repeat

it sucks, but that's just how it works. really impressed by his conversation here, as I usually am outside of GT/Spike.

I gained massive respect for him after that show. I knew he wasn't a complete shill, but I didn't realize how vested he actually was in this stuff. It was really nice to see.

Awesome!

I guessed it was called Party Hard, and was royalty free, and I must have listen to 100 royalty free songs called "Party Hard" or "Sun Comes Up" yesterday trying to find it"

I now hate Soundcloud. :/
i've had to browse enough stock material to know what kinds of keyword descriptors people generally use. i found it in about 15 minutes.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dammit, now I'm going to spend the rest of the night listening to royalty-free ska...
whatever, dude. "Urban Electronic Drama" is the shit.

Also interesting that they don't even have a license if you'd want to use the music in a video game.

I like what Ryan said about the new Hitman.

My problem with the series was always that it was overwhelming, and I feel like they didn't explain anything. And the main thing was the, 'hey don't be here' thing. Like NPCs would say, 'hey don't be here', and I'd go to leave and then they'd just 'GET HIM' POWPOWPOWPOW thats the noise it made

A) The series is successful.

B) They're one of the few that do what they do (hide in plain sight stealth).

C) They've been damn good at them.

D) Changing it to a more crowded form of game won't guarentee success as has proven itself many a time this generation.

E) Cannot guarentee old Hitman fans will be willing to go along with it.

In other words: Dogma, fullstop, and I say this as I'm about as incompetant at these as you and Ryan are if not more (I'm probably defending this series in the act of defending complicated nuanced games I play by proxy).

I don't know how the licensing works but maybe it was oh we licensed it forever ago and we're just using it now, or cbs/Gamespot has a pack already licensed for use/ a deal with these guys that we can just pull from or something. I can't imagine they'd spend that much money on something like that. They'd just throw one of the generic giant bomb songs in there.

Htown

where do you think the generic giant bomb songs come from?

that fake futurama song has been in GB videos forever

what I want to find is that epic song they play before TNT

Just working through the podcasts now. Man Pachter had a bee in his bonnet about GAF. I see him defended as much as attacked TBH. Didn't think there was any major hatred for the man here.

Navarro then pissed me off with his "don't look at it, I don't look there" holier than thou comments. GAF is a fantastic community and we're a damn sight better than the GB forum community at large.

What crowd does he think GB is aiming at if its Not Fans like us. But apparently were too childish to think of interacting with. This from the man who can't resist doing a 2 step jokey crap headline for every damn story.

It's this attitude of "listen to me, view my ads, give your money" but with a real snobbery about any sort of 2 way communication. As the quote goes:-

"It's hard to have a conversation when the other person insists on talking".

Htown

He's probably the analyst who gets the most attention in the games press, and he has a reputation here for saying things that gaffers think are dumb. You'll often see a link to that "Best of Gametrailers" video in threads about Pachter, where he says dumb things about PC gaming.

It's a mixture of him saying nonsense and people going way overboard when he says things. Occasionally fanboyism also.

-KRS-

That's just how it is. There's like 15-20 minutes or so of black screen then it comes back.

Yeah I know. I'm not talking about the black screen. I'm talking about the fact that it cuts out in the middle of the Ubisoft discussion. Then after the black screen Ryan says "And we're back for our final round of E3 Day 0" which implies there were several "rounds" when I've only seen what appears to be one. That's what happened during the actual livestream? Seems unlike Giantbomb.

Though it is possible I guess because they're talking about Sony in the last round which would be directly after the Ubisoft talk. But I think there are like 20 minutes which were not archived or something. Oh well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What? There's a much more negative than positive reaction in general for him on these forums.

I see far more positive here than say the GT forums. Potentially because he posts here. There's just more news posted here about him because people on here seem to care more about analysts while saying that they don't compared to other forums.

spiritfox

Yeah I know. I'm not talking about the black screen. I'm talking about the fact that it cuts out in the middle of the Ubisoft discussion. Then after the black screen Ryan says "And we're back for our final round of E3 Day 0" which implies there were several "rounds" when I've only seen what appears to be one. That's what happened during the actual livestream? Seems unlike Giantbomb.

Though it is possible I guess because they're talking about Sony in the last round which would be directly after the Ubisoft talk. But I think there are like 20 minutes which were not archived or something. Oh well.

The stream cut off at that time due to connection problems so JustinTV didn't save any of that. And when they came back it just led straight to that other segment.

Maybe it was E3 itself, or Giantbomb, but these podcasts weren't as good as last year, right? Other than the enthusiasm for the Star Wars game, I feel like most things were tepid, most of the guests/interviews were forgettable, and... i dunno. f

Top Bottom