• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb E3 2012

Maybe it was E3 itself, or Giantbomb, but these podcasts weren't as good as last year, right? Other than the enthusiasm for the Star Wars game, I feel like most things were tepid, most of the guests/interviews were forgettable, and... i dunno. f

Ive enjoyed them so far. I think I liked it last year though because I got to enjoy all of them live on gaf. Posting silly gifs while we waited and reading the real time reactions was great.

Jaffe was excellent again this year.

W1SSY

Maybe it was E3 itself, or Giantbomb, but these podcasts weren't as good as last year, right? Other than the enthusiasm for the Star Wars game, I feel like most things were tepid, most of the guests/interviews were forgettable, and... i dunno. f

I disagree about the guests. I think that a lot of the people they had were great and personally I loved Jaffe and the insight that he brought. I am still working my way through the last day but I have loved all the stuff so far. I don't think that E3 had a ton of big news or huge games so obviously you just here them night after night talking about the same games but it is nice to hear them bring in a lot of different developers and have them talk about it.

Myomoto

I disagree about the guests. I think that a lot of the people they had were great and personally I loved Jaffe and the insight that he brought. I am still working my way through the last day but I have loved all the stuff so far. I don't think that E3 had a ton of big news or huge games so obviously you just here them night after night talking about the same games but it is nice to hear them bring in a lot of different developers and have them talk about it.

They only spent like 2 minutes on PlanetSide 2 and seemed generally uninterested in it, so this by default the worst piece of content they have ever produced. EVER.

I thought the after-hours casts were great this year, but if I had one criticism it would be that there were maybe too many guests. A lot of segments seemed dominated by one or two personalities while the rest of the guests sat back and didn't say a whole lot.

The talk about E3 itself was a little lower-key than most years, but I think that's just reflective of the overall response to this E3. The developer talk and non-E3 banter was just as great as previous years, though.

Gomu Gomu

Filling the gaps, which I have missed online, of the podcasts. So far there has not been a single dull moment in the entire recordings. Good job GB.

sp justin mcelroy is a pretty entertaining dude, wish his podcast was more gaming focused.

It's been 3 nights since the last live show, seems like forever, wish we got these more then just at e3

Justin McElroy is hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing at the time belt stuff.

Sherlock Holmes dies, and this is his testament.

Justin McElroy is hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing at the time belt stuff.

Sherlock Holmes dies, and this is his testament.

as funny as that was the part where i lost my shit was

and yes in this game, you get to play as sherlock's dog

If you like Just McElroy you should listen to the advice podcast he does with his brothers, MBMBAM. Shit makes me laugh out loud at least twice an episode.

Curiosity established. Please recommend an episode.

One of the recent episodes (maybe 104) had a great Yahoo Answers question about a kid with a step-dad named Ron. That one is probably a good introduction to them.

Fair warning: The first 5-10 minutes of the shows are usually pretty weak.

megamerican

Yeah I'm subscribing to MBMBAM as I type this.

Part of me yearns for a dedicated Davis / McElroy podcast. They have such great chemistry and seem to get a kick out of eachother.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a reason some larger podcasts have a special "get episode" button, and then a special "downloaded" tag in the iOS iTunes store, whereas most gaming podcasts have a vaguer download button that doesn't remember the download status?

mclaren777

AumqKTcCMAAmT3q.jpg

Thanks for posting these images. I only listened to the audio versions so I was really curious what that place looked like.

Magnus

I popped back in here and cracked the fuck up at all the dancing .gifs during those intermissions for the E3 casts.

Seriously the hardest I laughed all E3.

DJ88

All want is a way to watch on Ipad. The browser based Twitch is flash and the App version does not let you search or watch anything but live video now, apparently.

You know this thread is a year old right?

Confused the hell out of me as I read and people were talking about Jaffe being on last night.

Top Bottom