• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb E3 2012

Cartman86

Banned
Here's another crazy idea that will never happen.

A game where when you start co-op the game picks you or your partner at random to be the "bad guy". The game informs you that you are the bad guy. Then you play with your partner and at many moments you can try and betray him in subtle ways. Perhaps a spy game where the bad guy is a mole. The key to this whole premise is that no one knows that this is what the game is. Previews couldn't talk about it and the second it gets release it will no doubt get spoiled. I certainly don't think it could work with a mainstream lengthy game. Probably wont work in anything really.

Zabuza

Banned

A game where when you start co-op the game picks you or your partner at random to be the "bad guy". The game informs you that you are the bad guy. Then you play with your partner and at many moments you can try and betray him in subtle ways. Perhaps a spy game where the bad guy is a mole. The key to this whole premise is that no one knows that this is what the game is. Previews couldn't talk about it and the second it gets release it will no doubt get spoiled. I certainly don't think it could work with a mainstream lengthy game. Probably wont work in anything really.

I'd love this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

That's a mode in Kane and Lynch multiplayer

Milamber

That stone floor is so mesmerizing to me. So curious of the Strip Club next door though. Wonder if they take the guests there after the show is over.

jediyoshi

Boom!

Riposte

I think the reasons for bow: makes your game looks different from other shooters (of yesterday) and adds potential for special kinds of ammunition (also stealthy).

Cartman86

Banned

You know that going in though right? I want a game where you play it thinking the entire time that it's a co-operative game when in reality it's counter-op (Perfect Dark had a counter-op mode). You could play for 8 hours not knowing. Again though it seems impossible to logistically do.

UberTag

I think the reasons for bow: makes your game looks different from other shooters (of yesterday) and adds potential for special kinds of ammunition (also stealthy).
I'm fine with bow use for stealthy kills.
I hated seeing Lara bow a bunch of guys point-blank while exposed to gunfire in the Tomb Raider demo. Especially when she had stolen a gun to use as well.

If you're not stealthy about it and have access to other firearms, don't bow people needlessly.
(Unless you're Link or Legolas. They get a free pass.)

Riposte

I'm fine with bow use for stealthy kills.
I hated seeing Lara bow a bunch of guys point-blank while exposed to gunfire in the Tomb Raider demo. Especially when she had stolen a gun to use as well.

If you're not stealthy about it and have access to other firearms, don't bow people needlessly.
(Unless you're Link or Legolas. They get a free pass.)

I saw awesome fire arrows in Tomb Raider. Justified.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Bows are in all games because of the arrow in the knee meme. Search your heart...

cBkWo.jpg

Ominym

Banned
Have any developers ever marketed a pure co-op experience where 3/4 of the way through the game it drops a bomb in your lap where you're all of a sudden pitted against your co-op partner and you have to face off against one another as only one of you can make it out alive?

I know save state duplication and shenanigans make that tricky but I think that would make a fun twist. Sort of like a collaborative Running Man / Hunger Games concept that turns PvsP at the end.

Splinter Cell: Conviction did this. The last mission of the game, both of you (one of you works for Third Echelon and the other for it's Russian counterpart Vorron) get a message tasking you with eliminating each other to keep the operation secret. Then, in the plane, you find yourself trying to find the other person hoping they aren't already aiming down the barrel at you.

A video for those who care.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Wind Waker is completely Zelda... it follows a formula, the battle system is balanced enough for people to get it no matter their experience, it looks great...

Confuzzled.

I'm pretty sure Brad is in a perpetual state of sleepiness.
Well, Brad just uttered something. That's something. I think. :lol

Top Bottom