• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Dan Rykert - 20y/o wordsmith

I don't use any Apple products and the last product I used of theirs was iTunes sometime around the time Apple released it.

Will Smith using an Android phone? Never thought I'd see the day.

After using an iPhone for half a decade and recently Android phones for another half decade... They're like 95% similar and people labelling others as "iPhone people" and "Android people" is incredibly stupid.

Mupod

old Dan reviews are funny. I'm still pretty sure he never actually played Monster Hunter Tri.

I use a Blackberry.

same, work pays for it. Trying to get them to let me have a PRIV so I can at least use android apps on it. One of the owners of the company used to be at RIM so I guess that's why we are stuck on them.

Please let there be a premium feature where crew members are forced to go back and replay games they personally reviewed, while the others read over their review and comment on every aspect of it.

LiK

Please let there be a premium feature where crew members are forced to go back and replay games they personally reviewed, while the others read over their review and comment on every aspect of it.

If they want us to renew our subs, they need to do all of this.

Tubobutts

First one should be Jeff playing through all of Majora's Mask.

Second one should be Jeff playing through all of Mario Sunshine.

daveo42

Banned
I only ever bring up my preference when someone expresses their opinion that anything not branded with the Apple logo means it's instantly the inferior product.

kingocfs

After using an iPhone for half a decade and recently Android phones for another half decade... They're like 95% similar and people labelling others as "iPhone people" and "Android people" is incredibly stupid.

Yeah, I've switched back and forth. Using an SE now, mainly because I'm over big ass phones.

Jeff has always said he would switch but is still holding strong.

Hasney

Damiani at Easy Allies has been going through some of his old Gametrailers reviews and talking about them on Twitch. It is pretty fun as an idea.

kiguel182

I use an iPhone and an iPad and after using Androiid I realized I don't care about customization and stuff like that. Apple support off iOS is pretty cool and updates come fast and on time. Also, no java based apps and there's a more focus on premium apps vs Android because google loves ads.

I like the App Store better since it has some editor lists and curation vs googles algorithms. Also, games go there first and are not ports like some Android versions.

That said, buy the phone you like just don't be an ass about it. I remember when I bought my iPhone some dude with an Android showed me his custom launcher and asked me if I could do that. The launcher looked ugly as hell and I had no interest in my phone looking like that so I just chuckled.

Wunder

I'm ignorant but what is the difference between player unknown battlegrounds and the other of that type?

what are the other games that you think of when you think of battlegrounds? The only two actual battle royale-style games that I can think of are The Culling and H1Z1: King of the Kill. The Culling features an annoying over the top reality TV show announcer and has crafting, and both feel more arcadey than Battlegrounds, which tries to find the middle ground between the ARMA style movement systems and H1Z1.

what are the other games that you think of when you think of battlegrounds? The only two actual battle royale-style games that I can think of are The Culling and H1Z1: King of the Kill. The Culling features an annoying over the top reality TV show announcer and has crafting, and both feel more arcadey than Battlegrounds, which tries to find the middle ground between the ARMA style movement systems and H1Z1.
Those are the ones that I was thinking of. And thanks for the explanation.

oti

Banned
I use an iPhone and an iPad and after using Androiid I realized I don't care about customization and stuff like that. Apple support off iOS is pretty cool and updates come fast and on time. Also, no java based apps and there's a more focus on premium apps vs Android because google loves ads.

I like the App Store better since it has some editor lists and curation vs googles algorithms. Also, games go there first and are not ports like some Android versions.

That said, buy the phone you like just don't be an ass about it. I remember when I bought my iPhone some dude with an Android showed me his custom launcher and asked me if I could do that. The launcher looked ugly as hell and I had no interest in my phone looking like that so I just chuckled.

In the end I only use the same 5 or so Apps anyway. And they're all cross platform. As far as games go I stopped caring about mobile games years ago.

For me switching from Apple to Android was worth it for the prices. Getting a good tablet for 70€ with all the Apps I want is great. I don't need the best hardware or software to be happy.

Apparently the last person who lived in the place I just moved into hasnt cancelled their internwt ywt so they cant set up mine

Rip watching destiny tomorrow

I'm the android and pc owning guy in a work place full of Mac's and their fan boys. I like both, but feel like I'm in a nanny state when using Apple products and by far the snootiest opinions come from the Apple fanboys, where to me they're just two lots of devices that do pretty much the same thing.

I really don't get being a fan of a giant electronics company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom