• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

what are the other games that you think of when you think of battlegrounds? The only two actual battle royale-style games that I can think of are The Culling and H1Z1: King of the Kill. The Culling features an annoying over the top reality TV show announcer and has crafting, and both feel more arcadey than Battlegrounds, which tries to find the middle ground between the ARMA style movement systems and H1Z1.

I don't get why people ever mention DayZ, Isn't that what all these games are based off of?

Hasney

I don't get why people never mention DayZ, Isn't that what all these games are based off of?

Kind of, but DayZ is a persistent thing rather than just being a multiplayer arena. If you get loot in DayZ, you keep it even after you log off, but it has permadeath.

Wunder

I don't get why people never mention DayZ, Isn't that what all these games are based off of?

Because games like DayZ, Rust, Ark are all persistent I believe. They started as a zombie survival mod and then later developed into a PvP survival game. I don't know if there was ever a mode like H1Z1 or Battlegrounds where you queue into a lobby with X players and fight it out to the death with a clear start and finish.

Lunar FC

Kind of, but DayZ is a persistent thing rather than just being a multiplayer arena. If you get loot in DayZ, you keep it even after you log off, but it has permadeath.

Because games like DayZ, Rust, Ark are all persistent I believe. They started as a zombie survival mod and then later developed into a PvP survival game. I don't know if there was ever a mode like H1Z1 or Battlegrounds where you queue into a lobby with X players and fight it out to the death with a clear start and finish.

Ah okay. There was a summer there where I got really into watching twitch streamers play DayZ standalone. I tried getting into it myself but completely bounce off of it.

Loco Roco on TV is weird.

On PSP I would instinctively tilt the screen when I was tilting the game world and not being able to do that make it seem weird.

kLuKWSL.png

a guy from California...

This is great.
LocoRoco

Dan "Mario Party" Ryckert: "Vita is as good as dead at this point, as it should be"

Lmao, this quick look is amazing. Also, I totally did not know that LocoRoco got remastered for PS4. Totally getting it in the summer. Loved that game, it was one of the reasons why I got a PSP.

I want to find this Drew Scanlon guy and give him the Singham tiger claw for making this a thing

wat

Nerokis

Dan's always been the source of many laughs, but I feel like his joke game has improved since moving to NY. He's surprisingly witty sometimes. Like that "in conclusion, Metal Gear Solid" near the end of the LocoRoco QL.

I suspect working with Vinny and living with Bianca has driven him to sharpen how he channels his goofiness.

Lunar FC

Dan's always been the source of many laughs, but I feel like his joke game has improved since moving to NY. He's surprisingly witty sometimes. Like that "in conclusion, Metal Gear Solid" near the end of the LocoRoco QL.

I suspect working with Vinny and living with Bianca has driven him to sharpen how he channels his goofiness.

Yeah, he has been on fire the last month or so it seems.

Mr. F

Banned
So does Brad like, short circuit if he dares put forward a firm opinion on something? I feel like you could make a bombcast soundboard consisting of;

Yeah that would be alright

I guess I could see that

That game was alright

That sounds okay

I think I remember _____

That sooooounds riiight?

Huh

So does Brad like, short circuit if he dares put forward a firm opinion on something? I feel like you could make a bombcast soundboard consisting of;

I guess I could see that

That game was alright

That sounds okay

I think I remember _____

That sooooounds riiight?

Huh

Huh, now that you mention it

ok moving on to EMAILS

Dokkan battle is my goty

same you should be in the community OT more

- J - D -

I guess I could see that

That game was alright

That sounds okay

I think I remember _____

That sooooounds riiight?

Huh

He saves all his batteries for GOTY talks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I guess I could see that

That game was alright

That sounds okay

I think I remember _____

That sooooounds riiight?

Huh

This is up there with 'good news everyone!' in reading it in the persons voice

Catvoca

Banned

I guess I could see that

That game was alright

That sounds okay

I think I remember _____

That sooooounds riiight?

Huh

He saves it all up for Game of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom