• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have it already?

Man, maybe time to go dark. Not out til the 30th here and I kinda want to boot it and the games up as a fresh experience for myself. Especially since I think they'll be less than overly positive about a lot of stuff :p

Hope they do a long marathon for me to watch afterwards, though.

There's a difference between not liking a game and thinking it's shit.
there isn't really. they're both opinions. one is just more emphatically stated than the other.

what he thinks doesn't diminish the fact i love BD. it doesn't make me regret the money i spent on it's purchase, or the fact i played it twice to achievement hunt. get over it.

Riposte

I'm more annoyed that any time someone doesn't like a TPS they just say "GEARS OF WAR!", like that means anything. For FPS, replace with "CALL OF DUTY!"

Via Jeff's twitter:
7TztE.jpg

Ooooooooooh.

And if that QL/Mailbag is any indication, the most played will be iPad. :p

Megasoum

Banned
Guys...I wouldn't get my hopes too high with the WiiU... I'm sure there's a bunch of embargos for a while. It's not like they'll do a 12h stream tomorrow with all the launch games...

I'm more annoyed that any time someone doesn't like a TPS they just say "GEARS OF WAR!", like that means anything. For FPS, replace with "CALL OF DUTY!"

Gears basically started the third person shooter with cover trend this gen and is the best example of it as far as I'm concerned. Every time I play a TPS, I'm usually comparing it to Gears because that's the standard for me. Everything BD did was inferior to that franchise.

With CoD I agree it's frustrating because there's a lot more variety in the FPS genre!

Massa

I cannot believe Ryan's AC3 review mentioned NOTHING about the tons of bugs and glitches that game has.

Ryan's review is a reflection of his own experience with the game, not an investigative piece on what other people are experiencing with the game.

Mikey Jr.

Just a question, is there a way to see all the previous bombcasts more quickly?

Sorting through them 5 at a time is fucking brutal.

steadfast

Just a question, is there a way to see all the previous bombcasts more quickly?

Sorting through them 5 at a time is fucking brutal.

subscribe in itunes and then you can click the arrow for previous episodes -- you should be able to see everything all at once

OMG Aero

They have it already?

Man, maybe time to go dark. Not out til the 30th here and I kinda want to boot it and the games up as a fresh experience for myself. Especially since I think they'll be less than overly positive about a lot of stuff :p

Hope they do a long marathon for me to watch afterwards, though.
Console spoilers?
I guess I've seen it all now.

Console spoilers?
I guess I've seen it all now.

Not spoilers, it's just nice to go in to some things fresh.

It's been six long years since I've had the experience of opening a console box, plugging it in and booting it up for the first time. I'd like to have that experience be something I get to do, not watch some dudes on the internet do it and go through all the menus etc before I have chance to.

Console launches are one of my favourite things, the fact this gen has been at least 2 years too long at this point means the prospect of the Wii U is even more exciting than it would be usually! I'd like to do it without Ryan and Jeff doing their jaded quips at most things ;)

demidar

There needs to be a sequel to NSMB Wii with NSMB U. Jeff on the gamepad for maximum griefing and proclamations of "I like to have fun." and "I am the greatest.".

Brad's excitement over the cube game thing is hilarious. I really hope he ends up buying a new device for it, just to see how far he gets into this thing.

Gilby

I just laughed my ass off for a solid 30 seconds at the Halo 4 mountain dew ads! Well done Giant Bomb, well done!

[GAF Bitching]

Can't Jeff buy a steadicam attachment for the I Love Mondays camera already? ILM is making me motion sick :(

[/GAF Bitching]

Can't wait to see how they cover the Wii U!

Coldsnap

I don't get the whole Tested thing. Recently re-visited the site for the Oktoberkast videos. The websit has Jamie and Adam's picture featured prominently and it's called Jamie and Adam's but nothing is written by them on the website and on Oktoberkast they mention it's the first time visiting the office. I guess it's just a publicity thing, trying to get more people to a website by putting your known name on it.. but dont it feel dirty and especially when Will and Norm have big enough personalities to drive their own website.

Lombax

Banned
I don't get the whole Tested thing. Recently re-visited the site for the Oktoberkast videos. The websit has Jamie and Adam's picture featured prominently and it's called Jamie and Adam's but nothing is written by them on the website and on Oktoberkast they mention it's the first time visiting the office. I guess it's just a publicity thing, trying to get more people to a website by putting your known name on it.. but dont it feel dirty and especially when Will and Norm have big enough personalities to drive their own website.

I am just happy Tested is still up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom