• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Vive stream | What a Time to Be a Vive!

oDVrGYa.gif

oDVrGYa.gif

oDVrGYa.gif

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

I don't follow them outside of some E3 stuff and the VR coverage. Dunno, the impressions I get from my limited exposure to their work, is that they don't like to let themselves get excited.

I'm obviously wrong though, right? I'll eat crow.

It's just that they're not dumb enough to get overhyped for things. If that's jaded to you then I dunno

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
this is actually kind of amazing

You could make like a cool first person adventure game on top of this sort of thing

(the 3d photo environment stuff, that is)

oti

Banned
I don't follow them outside of some E3 stuff and the VR coverage. Dunno, the impressions I get from my limited exposure to their work, is that they don't like to let themselves get excited.

I'm obviously wrong though, right? I'll eat crow.

You are. They were really hyped for Mario Maker and Just Cause 3 for instance.

Z3M0G

However they captured these environments is really impressive tech... are these scans of exact real locations??

AngryMoth

this room scale stuff would be really cool if a company used a warehouse or something with a huge open space and had specific games built for large environments where you could move around freely. Although the wires would be a problem for that...

Hmmm I'm very skeptical that the Rift will be able to do room scale the way the Vive does. Not only is the tracking system inferior, the Rift doesn't have a camera on the HMD.

Top Bottom