• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Vive stream | What a Time to Be a Vive!

oti

Banned
Nope, he's right. Jeff almost never gets excited about games. Super Mario Maker is a major exception there. Brad and Dan are definitely more excitable than Jeff. Still, though, as a whole, they almost never get hyped, especially in the way that many on GAF do.

People on GAF change their avatars because they're hyped. Yeah, sure, they don't get that excited.

Look, are they like Bosman or Huber? No. They may feel like them for certain games but they don't show it the same way. That's just not who they are. And that's OK.

taoofjord

Which is good and why I personally like em. I don't need to see grown adults jumping on a table for a video game

I didn't say that it was a bad thing, it's just not how many on GAF are and it's important to remember that when watching this stream considering most people flip out when trying VR.

traveler

Not Wario
oDVrGYa.gif

oDVrGYa.gif

oDVrGYa.gif

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

This is sweet, but I really hope we get a tabletop mode similar to that RTS shown on the Rift at some point.

Airmech2.png

Imagine taking in the entire game at a view.

dhonk

this just looks awful. terrible juttery movement and these "games"... ugh

The juddery movement is only to spectators. When youre in there, you dont see it. Your brain is always smoothing shit out of you, so you dont notice how wobbly your head is when youre moving for example.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yeah, so I don't know what I was expecting, but Valve is still Valve and they're still fucking good at this shit

Sakwoff

This was actually genuinely funny.

And the tourism stuff earlier was really exciting to me. I think I'm being kinda sold on VR right now. The Oculus stream left me pretty cold.

This is sweet, but I really hope we get a tabletop mode similar to that RTS shown on the Rift at some point.

Airmech2.png

Imagine taking in the entire game at a view.

I'm holding out for a tabletop version of Defense Grid and Sim City (or similar competitor)!

Imagine walking around your SimCity....

bts_lina.gif

cheezcake

god valve please

make games again especially more VR games and I'll buy this thing in a second

their charm + VR is a dream

gawd

A new/adapted Valve IP built from the ground up for VR is probably our best bet for something akin to a AAA killer app for VR.

taoofjord

this just looks awful. terrible juttery movement and these "games"... ugh

Juttery? The Vive isn't juttery at all. I'm not watching the stream but I've used the Vive and it's anything but juttery.

The "games" concern is fair. VR games and experiences are going to be different because it's basically a new medium. But beyond that, we're dealing with uncharted territory for developers where they don't quote know what works and doesn't, what's fun in VR and what isn't. There simply won't be any big budget, AAA-scale games/experiences for the next year at least. If you're expecting that kind of stuff then just wait it out instead of complaining.

Top Bottom