• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: "Dwayne Johnson for President!"

lol this

A celeb as president is such a dumb idea.

Can you seriously imagine the Rock ordering a drone strike on some people?

The dumb piece of shit known for saying "you're fired" on TV all the time ordered a strike on North Korea a month ago, so yeah it's not that hard anymore lol

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Cxk9VTdWgAECYya.jpg

Rival

Gold Member
I would absolutely vote for The Rock! Imagine the Sargent of Arms announcing him to the Speaker at the State of the Union address? It would be epic. The campaign speeches would be amazing also with all that of the cities The Rock would finally get to come back to.

It's clear to me that we absolutely shouldn't have ANY "celebrity" be in the White House. Ever again.

As much as I would like to have The Rock over Trump...we really should be looking for someone who's intelligent and actually knowledgeable on the political landscape.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much.

DJ Gunner

I would absolutely vote for The Rock! Imagine the Sargent of Arms announcing him to the Speaker at the State of the Union address? It would be epic. The campaign speeches would be amazing also with all that of the cities The Rock would finally get to come back to.

I seriously lol'd

ROCK 2020

Fuchsdh

It's clear to me that we absolutely shouldn't have ANY "celebrity" be in the White House. Ever again.

As much as I would like to have The Rock over Trump...we really should be looking for someone who's intelligent and actually knowledgeable on the political landscape.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much.

I don't think being a celebrity means you don't have those things.

Then again, it's also certainly not a predisposition for it either.

I would hope getting this clown in office would provoke people to think a little more about who they would support "for shits and giggles".

wildfire

Banned
The bar keeps getting lower. "Homeless Man on Street considered for democratic presidential candidate"

Oh wait that doesn't jive because you have to have a good amount of money these days.

Like the core principle is having cash.

Second being some form of celebrity.

I suppose Gordon Ramsay and Simon Cowell are foreign born, that's too bad. Gordon Ramsay would make a great president, yelling at the press "You donkey!"

Trump proves you don't need money. If you are both outlandish and obviously getting attention for potential voters the news media will broadcast your platform for free because it increases their ratings.

wildfire

Banned
If he ran Democrat Trump would destroy him.

If he ran Democrat I'm positive we would destroy him. Everyone should see this coming a mile away that Zuck would get primaried for his handling of Facebook and the consequences of selling our data to the highest bidders.

Will M

We elected a Twitter-addicted, orange reality TV show star and he's currently running our government.

Go on, Rocky. I'll vote for you.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
The pins would be amazing.
"I ROCKed 2020"

Make America rock again.

You know if Goldberg became POTUS the secret service would always be around him, like normal. Except they wouldn't be for his protection, but for everyone else.

Please stop this celebrity president shit...it's not cute. (For those that seriously will vote for The Rock in a primary or a general election)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oprah VS The Rock VS Alex Jones
And in the run up, Hannity, O'Reily, Beyonce, Lady Gaga.

I imagine if The Rock or John Cena run, they'd be spokespeople, like Flo or the geico gecko. A committee would decide their policies. They're there to be brands.

Eventually it'll be Tupac's hologram vs. Hatsune Miku in the general election.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
It's never been more obvious than it is today that serving as the President requires experience, foresight, and wisdom. The Rock might be the nicest, most well-intentioned person for all I know... but I'd still rather have someone with a history of public service.

ruxtpin

Banned
The pins would be amazing.
"I ROCKed 2020"

Make America rock again.

You know if Goldberg became POTUS the secret service would always be around him, like normal. Except they wouldn't be for his protection, but for everyone else.

Can you smell what the president is cooking?

It's never been more obvious than it is today that serving as the President requires experience, foresight, and wisdom. The Rock might be the nicest, most well-intentioned person for all I know... but I'd still rather have someone with a history of public service.

The Rock did all of us a service by beating that redneck jabroni Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 19!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What is this obsession with wanting to elect celebrities?

SaviorX

To be fair to Rock, it's clear he doesn't wanna say the wrong thing and speak out against the president (or promote him, who knows).

He didn't get this far just to ruin it by getting political. If y'all want the country fixed for real, you will need someone with more than pure charisma to do it, as much as we love the guy. Ain't his fault this country voted Trump

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Sorry, but shit like this is my problem with the current political landscape.

If The Rock has views and policies you agree with, his party shouldn't matter.

Uh, if he did run as a Republican it would matter, regardless of his "views".

GutsOfThor

Sorry, but shit like this is my problem with the current political landscape.

If The Rock has views and policies you agree with, his party shouldn't matter.

Sorry, but shit like what you said is the problem with the current political climate. Republicans pose a major threat to this country and it's citizens and have proven time and time and time and time and time and time again that they are unfit to govern. No one should support this party.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry, but shit like what you said is the problem with the current political climate. Republicans pose a major threat to this country and it's citizens and have proven time and time and time and time and time and time again that they are unfit to govern. No one should support this party.

We can agree to disagree.

Top Bottom