• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

Has to be coming to PS4 right? Sony wouldn't so stupid as to release their première racing IP just before/after they launch the PS4, especially as it lacks BC.

Its been some time since I last played GT, but do the cars handle very different from one another? Idk, 1200 cars is nice, but id probably take fewer cars with better textures, details and more diversity between then. Hope PS4 gets some GT love next year too.

StuBurns

Banned
So how many delays are we expecting for this game?

My guess is... a lot.

And I'll still wait for you, GT6...
There won't be any. It's being announced close to release, and the PS3 won't even be viable next year, so it'll ship no matter what.

Just weird. I assume there'll be a PS4 version announced at E3 or something?

There won't and it's not weird. The game has been in development since before GT5 shipped and was always going to be a ps3 game. Also of the 10 million that bought GT5 how many of those do you think are early adopters of systems? They have info on who their customers are. GT fans aren't typical videogamers.

Also, the PS4 itself will sell the PS4 for a while. When the PS4 needs huge titles in the future, when they have a larger installed base, there will be a PS4 GT game. Releasing one at launch would make no sense financially.

feel bad for drive club, it will be met with "bleh i wanted GT6" , i did too :(

i don't even know if i'll keep my PS3 by this holiday, might just give it to my cousins since they want a PS3

oh Sony :(

kuroshiki

No one can argue otherwise. Could come back to bite them hard if MS show off a next gen Forza for launch release.

I doubt next gen forza is going to match with GT6. Both sales and review wise.

I don't understand surprise here. Usually GT games have 2 games per console. GT 1,2 were on PS1. GT 3,4 were on PS2. GT 5,6 now are on PS3.

Obviously GT7 will be on PS4.

alba

Little is the new Big
VilHwrW.jpg

From iRevelationz on GTP.

Special Stage Route 11 map spotted in the trailer, OMG YESSSSSSSS!

No one can argue otherwise. Could come back to bite them hard if MS show off a next gen Forza for launch release.

You know we had Forza 2 and 3 before GT5 came out and now GT5 is close to outselling the entire Forza franchise. GT5 + GT5P definitely has outsold the entire Forza franchise.

p3tran

Banned
"new rendering engine, flexible, compact and nimble
totally new physics engine,
new suspension and tyre model.
tech partnership with yokohama and kw auto.
suspension companies have helped significantly in dev of new physics model.
code has been completely refactored
new user interface, focuses on quick response and short load times. "

the above, taken from the gtp twitter, is what i wanted 8)

only bad thing is release date...

lots of people said:
Sony: "Please don't buy Drive Club."
well guys, if you are on playstation4 day1, I bet with all of you that you are going to buy driveclub, regardless of whats available in other platforms, so dont make a big deal about it.
only people that are right to complain, is those that plan to sell ahead ps3 etc in order to get some of the cost of ps4.

The_Lump

Banned
Well I'm not sure about the rest of the planet but I've just instantly decided I'm going to wait til next year to buy a ps4 (will probably have to anyway, I'm in Europe).

But seriously, what a bizarre way to say "Hey, buy our expensive next gen console". They're selling the ps4 on mind blowing power, and releasing a gorgeous looking game on the platform they're trying to coax people away from at the same time.

And if there is a ps4 version, then Drive Club or whatever it's called is fucked.

Loudninja

I doubt next gen forza is going to match with GT6. Both sales and review wise.

I don't understand surprise here. Usually GT games have 2 games per console. GT 1,2 were on PS1. GT 3,4 were on PS2. GT 5,6 now are on PS3.

Obviously GT7 will be on PS4.
Yeah I really dont get this,what is surprising here?

Dibbz

I hope at E3 they show off the new features like online championships etc. Would be great to get a glimpse of what they have in store.

BadWolf

Weren't they really pressured with time constraints with GT5 and forced into releasing early before it was properly finished?

It will be nice to see what they come up with now since nobody new it was coming yet and they had ample time and all their work for GT5 to build off of.

You know we had Forza 2 and 3 before GT5 came out and now GT5 is close to outselling the entire Forza franchise. GT5 + GT5P definitely has outsold the entire Forza franchise.

I guess Sony should cancel their Killzone game since it won't have the reviews or sales of a Halo. This is a dumb argument.

darkwing

it can get confusing for buyers who are buying the PS4 in the store while GT6 is only for the PS3 at the same time

oh well, there is DriveClub lols

ElRenoRaven

You know I just realized it's been a hell of a long time since I bought a Gran Turismo game. Since PS2 infact. Think I'll be picking this badboy up.

I plan on playing PS3 games for a while after PS4 launches, no different from any new generation. Don't see the problem with this releasing on PS3. Drive Club will have its own audience. GT has its audience of 10 million so why not include everyone?

Gran Turismo 7 will come to PS4. There was no way they were going to be able to make a good followup unless they keep their development cycle.

Sorral

It is money either way for Sony though. This game is releasing at $60 and it will sell for a good while. They can't just ignore the currently big base on the PS3 either.

As others said, the PS4 is likely to sell with or without GT at launch. It will get its own GT in time. If they can make DriveClub and get money off that too, then why not? It is not like Evolution is going to bring MotorStorm back from being dead/dying.

Zemm

OK imagine it this way. Its like putting Gran Turismo 4 out the same time as PS3 launch

It's even worse than that, atleast you could play GT4 on a PS3 at launch. Sony are literally sabotaging their PS4 launch. There is zero reason to upgrade my PS3 to a PS4, that's good for me as I save some money, I dunno if that's good for Sony.

Man

PS4 version to be announced at E3? said:
"We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments."

"Further news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events."

entremet

Drive Club is not a sim and is on another platform.

It's a driving game on the succeeding platform. Very relevant.

It is money either way for Sony though. This game is releasing at $60 and it will sell for a good while. They can't just ignore the currently big base on the PS3 either.

As others said, the PS4 is likely to sell with or without GT at launch. It will get its own GT in time. If they can make DriveClub and get money off that too, then why not? It is not like Evolution is going to bring MotorStorm back from being dead/dying.

Having GT at launch on better tech would've been massive for Sony against MS. This is a dumb move. But typical Sony.

YOU know what YOU are forgetting:

The biggest market for GT is europe, they are also known to be late adopters(for nextgen systems) unlike US and other bigger markets like UK.

Polyphony and sony are catering to their biggest audience. So can this crap stop

This is exactly right. There's going to be major crow eaten at E3. Just like the crow that is currently being eaten about GT5's sales numbers.

Ramsiege

Some of you guys are seriously making mountains out of mole hills.

God of War II was released in 2007, after the PS3 was released, and everything turned out just fine.

I'm sure GT6 will do just fine and won't hinder PS4 sales.

Top Bottom